Hi Jow Forums

Hi Jow Forums,

I want to remove some nasty posts I made on another Jow Forums board a few years ago. These comments can be found an an archive site, which is linked to a company that you can pay to have them removed.

Does anyone have experience with such sites? I don't want to get blackmailed or extorted etc by these people. I have talked to them via email to confirm the procedure, and I don't think English is their first language.

Any advice please?

Link: notdmca.net/

Attached: notdmca.jpg (1074x625, 50K)

Did you reveal your identity or why does it matter?

Hello /v/tard! looks like you finally found your way to the "right" board

this place is anonymous. if you exposed your identity on an user board (Jow Forums of all places) than you deserve whatever is coming at you.

did you put yourself into this situation by getting in touch with them? all your doing is bring attention to something no one would ever think (or care) to look up.

I didn't reveal my identity, but I am struggling pretty hard right now knowing I may have written something which caused another person to feel bad about themselves.

I didn't expose my identity. I was thinking of emailing this person to apologize that I wrote some mean things about them online a few years ago, and offer an explanation (not an excuse) as to why, but I don't want to potentially reopen old wounds or open new ones.

>sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never break me
He probably killed himself after that. We, the internet people, are very sensitive and fragile.
Gj, user, you killed one of us.

is this bait? you care about some years-old-posted-as-anonymous mean stuff you said to another anonymous user?

also pls post archive link, sounds like an amusing thread. If you post the exact link and tell us which post IDs were yours (which you'd like to remove), we can do that for you for free.

just reply/ghostposting your apology to the original post. if whoever that is still alive, there's a slight chance they will see it if they even remember and care enough to search for the post.

>I don't want to get blackmailed or extorted etc by these people
so you said/did something illegal then?

it's over, you're done, the NSA has mirrored all your posts, printed them out and glued them to the refrigerator at headquarters.
you're the internet's most wanted

No, not to another user, but about a then-popular-ish young novelist who was something of a "meme" at the time. At the time I criticized him and wrote nasty stuff, but I hate that my words may have harmed him by coming across them (Warosu results appear on google). I don't feel I can allow myself to be happy having done this without trying to make amends, and I feel responsible in part for this person's existence now.

They are still alive. I can't ghostpost to it, as there is no function to do that, and I would rather do something about it rather than essentially say "woops sorry about the nasty post bro k bye"

No, not illegal at all. But I don't want some autistic web admins to extort money som

*somehow.

mate it's the internet. are you a woman by chance?

there are endless tales of woman realizing with utter horror that you cannot delete naked pictures of yourself once you uploaded them onto the internet.

the fact that you can find your posts via google means that search engines have indexed it and it likely is mirrored by more general web-archive sites.

just send him/her and email and apologize, unless you're LARPing and it is YOU who is the meme novelist in question and you want to get rid of some bad chan-publicity. in which case, I refer you back to the start of my post (you cannot delete things from the internet, any company offering such a service is a scam at best)

No, I'm not a woman.

I'm not the author either. I just cannot escape the guilt of having acted in a way in the past which potentially caused harm to another person, who did not deserve it. Nor do I feel it is just to want to "get over" this guilt, at least not until I make some effort to make up for my actions either by apologizing directly (which I'm not sure might seem obsessive, or reopen old wounds) or by paying to have my comments removed.

This is the worst thing I've ever done, and it plagues my conscience. I was so angry back then, and so frustrated and jealous, that I let these things get the better of my better side.

>(you cannot delete things from the internet, any company offering such a service is a scam at best)
addendum, if it's only visibility you care about, you could try manipulating the google search results for certain queries, so the archive-thread in question is pushed from the google front page.

I assume this is both possible and that there are companies offering such services (just like you can buy "likes" and followers for youtube/twatter/etc)

I mean mine weren't the only nasty comments, but I know that when I get angry I have always been able to articulate myself in a particularly vicious way. I no longer feel the urge to do this, but still.

>This is the worst thing I've ever done, and it plagues my conscience.
so apologize via email, ffs.

>apologizing directly (which I'm not sure might seem obsessive, or reopen old wounds) or by paying to have my comments removed
it is obsessive, stop being an obsessive insane person. you're probably a stalker / gay psycho bitch.

you have two choices: 1. apologize directly or 2. let it go.
and even if it may seem obsessive, I cant imagine anyone being upset about an apology email

Okay, thank you for your advice. I appreciate it.

Just be honest and apologize directly. If you really want to delete those comments you could look into sending dmca claims or even better GDPR article 17 if you eu fag, gl.

>This is the worst thing I've ever done, and it plagues my conscience.
imagine being this sheltered LOL dude what the fuck is wrong with you, like someone cares about some bullshit you wrote online years ago, shut your fucking mouth and go change your tampon

commit sudoku

>which is linked to a company that you can pay to have them removed.

If you're an EU citizen, you can file a right-to-be-forgotten claim.

If not, lol, you fucked, mate.

Also, that shit looks sketchy as fuck and there is legit no reason to trust it.

I am thinking of the dmca option, as posted in the OP. But I am afraid the people who run it, who I don't think are from the West, may try to blackmail me as they don't seem very professional.

>If you're an EU citizen, you can file a right-to-be-forgotten claim.

>GDPR article 17 if you eu fag

almost certain this doesnt work for content that was created years ago.

It's retroactive. If the content can be attached to you as a person, regardless of age, it can be claimed, as long as the importance of that information is not outweighed by it being public. Since it was posted on a chan somewhere, most likely has no importance of being public.

>It's retroactive
wow, truly a law devised by people with no clue about how the internet works.

When I said "look into" I meant YOU, because YOU can send a dmca notice yourself. I suggest contacting whoever runs the archive and ask them to delete it, if it fails send them/the web host/web host isp a dmca notice

There is no way of contacting the owner of Warosu, there is just the notDMCA notice link at the bottom. In my research I've found that other Jow Forums archives (/b/archive, archive.moe) are also signed up this, and don't respond to emails. Also if you make a DMCA claim personally, I believe you have to make it on with your name which may appear in place of the deleted content, whereas this is done anonymously.

fucking this

OP is clearly a w*man.

nigga noone cares what some anonymous person writes online
anyone who takes Jow Forums seriously needs to an hero anyway

OP here. I understand why you might think that, I suppose. But it has always been a part of my nature, or at least my better nature, to try and make up for what harm I've caused, however minor. I can't just "let things go" or "move on" knowing I may have hurt someone without apologizing or doing what I can to repair the damage.

OP here. I understand the culture of Jow Forums, and the fact that criticism and trolling is commonplace, but still words are words, and criticism is criticism, and a person at a low point in their lives will remember all these things with deep pain at such moments. The fact therefore that I may have contributed to someone's inner store of self-criticism haunts me, as I know what it feels like to be that low.

ITT - OP is literally a fag

This is driving me crazy, who raised you? You need to a p o l o g i z e. Avoiding a direct apology isn’t “not wanting to reopen old wounds,” it’s at least in some part you not wanting to reckon with the consequences of whatever bullshit thing you said to some bullshit writer years ago. Just man/woman up and own up to what you did which is bothering you so much. That being said, this thread is fucking stupid.

>I may have written something which caused another person to feel bad about themselves.
That's about 80%-90% of posts.

What do you mean, who raised me?

I must admit that I was raised by a single mother, who was a manic depressive for most of my teens. She often threatened to commit suicide during arguments we'd have, and would run out of the house to her car and I would feel terrified I had caused her to commit suicide. Although this is by no means an excuse for any of my own behaviour, I do now treat people (when I am not overwhelmed by anger) as fragile people, who I have the ability to harm a great deal (including causing them to commit suicide) by saying nasty things about them, since I am very good at articulating things in a way which has an effect on people.

You are a very gay person and I hope you die of AIDS.
Let me know after 3 months if you still feel hurt.

A thread died for this?

Attached: Soybean_02.jpg (1146x981, 81K)

My comment referred to your inability to own up to your own words and instead trying to weasel out of having to face that difficult situation, while justifying it by saying it would “reopen old wounds.” I can tell you from experience that a simple apology will go a lot further than you seem to think, and outweigh any wound reopening. Don’t go to all the trouble of deleting some years old comment, especially if the writer in question read it already anyway (otherwise this wouldn’t matter, right?). You can’t delete it from their brain, but you can show them that another human being considers them worth the trouble by sticking tourneys neck out and apologizing.

OP here. I felt bad for three months or more over something else I did last year, which wasn't so bad and more of a bad mistake on my end. In the end I sent an email to the people involved (for a writing competition I won, but had sent incorrect and potentially rule-breaking information about myself to them) but they didn't care and said I hadn't broken any rules. It ate my conscience for months, and eventually I felt I had to email them. But in that case I had already emailed them, and they knew who I was, in this case it isn't so clear.

Thanks for your reply. I guess I will have to email them directly.

Do you think it is cowardly of me to only write to them using my first name, from one of my alternative emails, rather than use my main email which has my name and surname in the email itself.

I can't give you any technical advice, but I'm happy that you've changed for the better. Tbh, no one probably remembers what you've said. All I can suggest is avoid this website the sheer toxicity in everything is just sad and makes anyone negative.

I think this thread is bait, but if not, OP, you have to let go of the past. I understand that this post is eating you up, but try to move on. Forgive yourself. Understand that you make mistakes, and use this experience in the future to be more kind. Erasing the post won't mean it didn't happen.

So its more about how you feel than how others felt when you wronged them.

Honestly your identity isn’t the important part, it’s not like you need to attach a copy of your ID. It’s the human to human communication that is important here, you can use whatever email you want in my opinion. Just reach out and say your sorry when you feel sorry about something.

OP has been displaying narcissistic traits, the whole "I feel bad" thing is probably just a cover story for why he wants to delete the posts. I think we're dealing with a sociopath. Also sage and stop replying to him you retards

Thank you. And I do post less these days, and usually in a considered way. I mean I wasn't a total evil guy back then, it's just I was younger and more ambitious and full of anger and frustration, which I didn't always channel in the right way. At the end of last year I came close (I believe) to bottoming out and ending my life, but this year I have experienced something of a shedding of much badness inside me, have discovered a great internal store of energy, but the price has been a complete humbling experience which involved having to face the fact I have acted very immaturely and callously in the past. I am 26 now, and I was around 22 - 24 then, but it shamed me that I was not calmer and more thoughtful back then.

Thanks for your post. I realize it won't erase the past, but it will at least remove this reminder of the past, and won't exist as a negative reference point for this person should he ever come across it or had come across it previously.

I don't think, because I if I didn't care how this person felt / feels I would simply focus on "moving on" personally, rather than trying to make amends by considering the idea of contacting them etc. I understand if you feel otherwise.

OP here. I didn't want the thread to go this way, but can I ask why you perceive me as being narcissistic? I don't enjoy harming others, and what I wrote online isn't as bad as what I see on a daily basis, but it is still something which burdens my conscience. I believe that mentally speaking I am far from "normal", but I don't believe I am inherently wicked or lacking a conscience.

how do you even prove, that it's your content in the first place?
Especially if there is no identifiable information and you posted as anonymous.

Count the number of "I"s in your posts. You turned this thread into a fucking blog about your life.

Been their man, have been banned from a subreddit because I carried over my hateful speech from this pathetic webiste. That was sort of my moment of revelation. I just thought, how this website tore away my delicate sensibilities so fast. Ever since then, I've browsed this site more cautiously and as a more mature person. Keep moving on in the right direction, stay positive and enjoy life.

Well I'm sorry about that. I have nowhere else to ask, and nobody to talk to about this, and it is troubling me a lot so I appreciate the fact people here are trying to help so am trying to provide proper context.

>66
>99
>55
>88

Attached: empire-of-the-sun-square.jpg (783x783, 106K)

Thanks, and good luck to you also going forward.

MIND == BLOWN

Attached: 2018-08-03_163223_scrot.jpg (363x27, 2K)

so many autists are archiving the site that you will never get it removed from all

If it was some personal circlejerk or people you considered friends I'd understand, but completely anonymous posts? Come on

LOL +1000 internets

Like others have said, it's going to be impossible to remove it since there are more than 1 archives. Also DMCA or GDPR won't work in this case. If you really feel this guilt then just apologize directly, i'm sure the guy is going to appreciate it even when there's a 99.99% chance he doesn't know what the fuck you're talking about.

If there is no identifiable info, it can't be claimed.

As I already said
>If the content can be attached to you as a person

This implies you can prove it is. If you posted your private info as anonymous, it can be attached to you as a person, regardless of the name or "account" of the poster.

OP here. There are only two archives for the board, Yukia and Warosu. I have emailed the email address on Yukia (which doesn't appear to be searchable, or appear on google visibly) but they haven't responded.

If I apologize (which I've partly considered not doing because it might make him curious about what I'm talking about which may lead to him coming across my comments - and those of others - and feeling like shit) do you think it's cowardly to use only my first name? My main email address (linked to my banking, work etc) includes my surname also, so I didn't want to use that.

looks like op has some kind of mental illness

Attached: a8d9f02a.jpg (429x410, 23K)

Actually kill yourselves.

this is some tasty bait lmao

is this an ironic cringe thread?

test

OP here.

I will be away for a while, but if anyone has any advice on the website I linked and whether I'm likely to be scammed, please do let me know.

Thanks again.

OP just tell us what you did already.

Attached: 1521509698706.jpg (1240x771, 100K)

Ok, first thing for you to let go of, giving a fuck about other people - here is a free tip - nobody actually gives a fuck about you, nobody sits awake at night thinking about the time they said something rude about you on the internet, why do you?

>I didn't reveal my identity, but I am struggling pretty hard right now knowing I may have written something which caused another person to feel bad about themselves.
Then the post needs to stand as a historical record. Apologize to the person about what you said. And if they don't accept your personal apology, then removing the post now would be a moot point, anyway.

ITT: The effects of SÖY on the human body.

Attached: 1515358462760.jpg (955x1024, 78K)

We're on the internet, stop being such an oversensitive little bitch you dirty nigger
t. someone who feels awful about the smallest faux pas irl

>Imagine being this insecure

I'm not the one crying on an anonymous board because I insulted some retard ages ago, faggot.

Attached: 1529310662761.png (600x869, 504K)

>is this shit a psyops
Just fucking kys already OP

Attached: 1512417495796.jpg (953x1282, 110K)

You seem to have gotten lost on your way to the containment board.