Using a 60hz monitor is a fucking awful blurry headache...

Using a 60hz monitor is a fucking awful blurry headache. Fucking Jow Forums telling me you can't see the difference between 144hz and 60hz. You guys give absolutely shit advice and have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Attached: hz.jpg (279x181, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccadic_masking
youtube.com/watch?v=Ig76-rzPkc8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZoImsCcgi5Q
livescience.com/14093-optical-illusions-gallery.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_time
overclock.net/photopost/data/1445873/d/d1/d184d6ac_5e47db20_IMG_0690.jpeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can't see the difference between 60 and 30 fps.

you have brain damage there is a clear difference that your brain is not processing for some reason

>You guys give absolutely shit advice and have no idea wtf you're talking about.
This should be displayed in red letters above every thread on here.

Maybe your brain is damaged and parses too much information?

>Using a 60hz monitor is a fucking awful blurry headache
so is using a144hz monitor without motion blur reduction

Attached: ulmb2.jpg (767x434, 118K)

How ULMB compare to G-sync? Which one is smoother?

bump I'm still pissed

>she believed a Jow Forums meme
Why? Half the stuff on this board is obvious sarcasm or bullshit. If 60hz was actually the same as 144hz then nobody would buy 144hz monitors.
If you can't identify the truth from a meme from an ironic meme, then you might want to stop using the internet.

Any more than 60 fps is unnecessary.
Stop playing video gaymes, pleb.

at a stable 120 fps ulmb is the absolute best you can get.
at sub 60 fps gsync is better

Back in my day we had at most 10 fps, but usually lower if you couldn't type fast, and it was more than enough for actual work. We didn't get headaches.

Attached: Teletype-IMG_7287.jpg (3869x5804, 669K)

>listening to Jow Forums ever
you got what you asking for

Ulmb makes it all dark and ugly and shit. I tried it on my asus 144hz and it yeah it reduces blur more but its not worth making everything grey looking

>asus 144hz
what model?

Vg248qe

>50Hz
feels good man

>You guys give absolutely shit advice and have no idea wtf you're talking about.
/pcbg/ in a nutshell

you can't see 144hz retard. if you could see 144hz refresh rate then you would be able to see 0.01 second timer hit 0.02 then 0.03 and continue to watch it without missing anything until 1 second hits. your dumbass doesn't see the world of 100th of a second frames.

at most the stupid 144hz refreshes your stupid gaymer shit so fast you lose the ability to track the frames. 4k monitors are for adults while 144hz are for retard gaymers

>you can't see more than 24 fps

no you can see more than 30 fps. you can't see 144hz however though. 80hz? 90hz? stretching it. 144+? no way dumb shit. you retards are so delusinal you buy 144hz refresh shit instead of 4k monitors so your eyes are trash

>REEE DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY ON STUFF I DON'T ENJOY
lol go screw yourself bud

i don't care what you retards buy. you still don't see 144hz dumbass. enjoy your placebo looking at a slightly higher quality hd monitor that still way worse than 4k

I can see a big difference between 30 and 60, a smaller difference between 60 and 90, almost no difference between 90 and 120, and no difference between 120 and 144.

you must be joking. I can tell the difference just with the crisper mouse movement. you must be using a TV and not a monitor or just plain retarded

>she
just had to slip that in there, huh, nugirl?

To address your point, there ARE some people that can perceive a difference between 100Hz and 144Hz, but they are infrequent and far between.

I find 75Hz with a 1ms response time to be just fine for pretty much anything.

In a timer I can see the 0.01s increments just fine on my 165Hz monitor. What are you, _slow_?

>Literally wasting money on an imperceptible difference.
I bet you have a $6000 dac for your $100 headphones.

nah, you're a dumb shit who doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about
>be dumb piece of shit gaymer
>play garbage that needs to flicker 300 times to remotely make fluid animation because the devs are shit
>WOW MY SHITTY GAYMER CRAP THAT WAS MADE BY RETARDS NEEDS TO FLICKER 1000 PER SECOND SO I CAN GET WHAT AMOUNTS TO 24 FPS!!!! EPIC WIN
seriously you delusional fps retards are the worst. it's really no wonder you spend your time clicking a mouse pretending to "aim" repeatedly like autists for years.

This. there is no fucking way you are getting over 144 FPS constantly in any modern AAA game. Fuck off with the >120MHz meme. It doesn't matter if your monitor refreshes 150 times a second if you are only getting 65 FPS.

144hz monitors is a way for gaymers to feel superior to other gaymers because they spent 40% more on monitor of the same size.

*100% more if it's g-sync 2 certified.

>some people that can perceive a difference between 100Hz and 144Hz
>some people
Can not everyone notice the difference? Its pretty obvious for me and everyone I know, we did some blind tests because one of them thought 144Hz was a meme and everyone was able to identify 60Hz from 100Hz from 144hz.
Not being able to see a 40Hz difference is crazy to me. I'm probably being memed but if true then some scientist should do a legit study to figure this out, the results could be interesting.

I'm tired of 12-year-old wannabe pro 1337 cawadoody gaymers making anectodal claims about how 500Hz allows them to be a better gaymer. There is literally no proper evidence that there is any substantial difference above 100Hz or so.

>not being able to see a 40Hz difference
This is an arbitrary figure: anyone will notice the 40Hz difference between 20Hz and 60Hz, no one is going to notice the difference between 140Hz and 180Hz.

i can't see any difference past 100fps, but according to the internet, fighter jet pilots can see a difference at 300+ fps

your eyes aren't a camera retard, the world doesnt run in frames per second

some people are genetically inferior

Took you long enough to find that out. 60hz to 120/144hz is a massive difference. If you want legit advice unironically go to Reddit.

>my xXxhaloduty69xXx EXTREME is an unoptimized piece of shit that needs to flicker 1000 times per second to trick my small brain and poor eyes into thinking it's around 24 fps! this means my monitor is a good choice
you can't see 144hz you're a delusional retard. you can notice when your piece of shit game only flashes 60 fps and looks worse than 10 fps because it requires 80+ fps to look like 20 fps.

Anyone have the post with the user that wrote that he used to be able to see the difference between 30, 60, and 144 Hz, then he lost his virginity and it all looked the same?

Brain damaged.

Yeah you still have a brain damage if thats your conclusion.

I mean, let's be real, if Jow Forums tells you to do anything it's in your best interests to do the complete opposite. Jow Forums is useful that way.

Fuck off. I can't work in 60hz anymore. I need that sweet 144hz

I cant believe you arent using a CRT. The lack of input lag and no motion blur at all makes a YUGE difference in vidya gaymes. I have a CRT guys. I'm so elite.
OP, u r a fag

Attached: IMG_20180803_134105.jpg (3120x4208, 1008K)

>not understanding that higher Hz gives smoother transitions. You do know that the end goal is 240hz 8k? That's the holy mantra for screens. Because at that point we actually don't need to go higher. Even if you have a big ass monitor /TV.

And if you can't see a difference between 60 and 144hz smoothness. Then you are either blind or brain damaged.

I don't believe someone told you you can't see the difference. Maybe they said it doesn't matter (because it doesn't for anything besides video games), but that's a different story.

Jow Forums is dumb as fuck. They think there's a huge difference between 110fps minimums and 120fps minimums.

BTW this thing does 170hz. I get headaches from using 144hz. I don't know how you refreshlets can stand it.

also causes cancer, takes up a shit ton of space and has a shit aspect ratio lmao

60 fps is disgustingly smooth already on good hardware, I've used 120hz monitors and it mades me nauseated

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccadic_masking
In high action scenes [gaymen] your brain constantly drops frames due to blur created when your eyes are constantly jumping around tracking various things on the screen. Not only are frames dropped but quality as well. This is 100% science and not debatable. What you 'perceive' as increased smoothness is a trick of your mind that is barely digestible.

4k gaymen is a meme and so is framerats above 60hz in high action scenes. This sort of thing is only perceivable in low action scenes where you dont have much saccadic movement . This is why 4k TVs are demo'd with slideshows/timelapse video. You can only digest the quality if its a relatively still picture you slowly analyze.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ig76-rzPkc8
Your eyes aren't still cameras. They're constantly and rapidly jumping around all over the place. In transit and while moving, your brain is dropping frames and quality.

4k GAYMEN
144hz fags
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT BY THEIR OWN LIMITED BIOLOGY

>also causes cancer
peak irony from a poster on Jow Forums

Oh and in case you were wondering about the physical world itself : youtube.com/watch?v=ZoImsCcgi5Q

Your eyes aren't the ultimate visual processors. Far from it. There are cameras and technology that are far more advanced and capable. So, just because your vidya can push x frames per second or a monitor pack tons of pixels doesn't mean your eyes or brain can process it while its in motion.

>What you 'perceive' as increased smoothness is a trick
why does this matter at all? it looks better and that's all i care about.

>being so much muh 144phile
>posting 279x181 pic

Attached: lol4.jpg (200x178, 25K)

>had 60hz since i can remember
>bought a 1080ti and a 144hz monitor
>noticeably smoother
Regret nothing

Attached: 1403767829351s.jpg (125x120, 3K)

I've never used a 144hz monitor. Is it really worth it?

Who the fuck told you there's no difference between 60Hz and 144?

They're massively different. It's clearly obvious to anyone, even people who don't know anything about computers.

Attached: 1486696484377.png (649x611, 639K)

for games: yes, it's one of the best upgrades you can get if you have a machine to support frame rates that high. if you can't get a stable 90+ fps it is a waste of money.

Attached: ulmb_motion_blur_from_persistence.png (655x600, 53K)

>work

> fuck science
> Muh feels
Good. This is why I invest in companies pushing this dope to brainlets and don't personally consume it.

again what does the science of it matter when it looks subjectively better? stop avoiding the question

Nope. I actually bought a setup during the black friday bonanza and immediately returned it the next day. TN panels are shit tier and that's the only typical garbage that can push these rates.
It felt smoother when there wasn't much going on but I forgot about it as the game got going. I had the luxury of switching hardware back and forth and really didn't notice much of a difference. So, I returned it and shunned the meme. Maybe in 5 years, it will be worth it and affordable once all the kinks are ironed out. For now, it's a beta test feature for idiots.

> again what does the science of it matter when it looks subjectively better?
Because brainlet.. your brain creates faux renders having been conditioned to certain norms.
livescience.com/14093-optical-illusions-gallery.html

yes, but it looks subjectively better to me and a ton of other people. so why does it matter if it's an illusion or a 'trick' or whatever? IT LOOKS SUBJECTIVELY BETTER

are you fucking mental?

Because you are letting confirmation bias empty your wallet.

>confirmation bias
i did BLIND tests at my local store BEFORE spending a single penny on a high refresh rate monitor. there was a NOTICEABLE difference between 60hz and 120hz.

this is NOT a confirmation bias you retarded poorfag dullard.

I call bullshit on that. You mean to tell me that both monitors you "blind tested" were identical in everything except refresh rate with no price tags listed around them?

Fuck off you delusional fucking sperg.

Attached: 1531652456234.png (645x729, 77K)

> are you fucking mental?
Are you being ironic?
> yes, but it looks subjectively better to me and a ton of other people. so why does it matter if it's an illusion or a 'trick' or whatever? IT LOOKS SUBJECTIVELY BETTER
EAT A BUNCH OF SALTY ASS FUCKN FOOD AND THEN EAT SOMETHING SWEET AND IT WILL TASTE 10x SWEETER. Subjectivity is a mental trick that wears thin after you normalize/baseline to 4k/140fps which isn't that much different than 1080p/60fps
You stupid fuck.

Meanwhile, I guarantee you that your eye movements are much different during 4k/140fps vs 1080p/60fps. There's a reason why professional gamers still play at lower resolutions dumbass. If you're busy analyzing wall textures because they look so great, you're likely not doing so hot on performance.

You can't have both because your brain only processes so much. This is where your subjectivity is bullshit.

>hurr fucking durr you can't change the refresh rate on a single screen and compare different refresh rate settings/fps caps on the same model
you are beyond fucking retarded

>not gaming at at least 120FPS
fucking disgusting

Did you buy the $1000 HMDI cable too after blind testing it?

FALSE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_time

>There's a reason why professional gamers still play at lower resolutions dumbass.
and there's also a reason """professional gamers""" play at 120+hz. what are you even on about.

why are you so upset about people enjoying high refresh rates more than low refresh rates?

>strawman
fuck right off

>delay in swapping refresh rates
The amount of retardation on Jow Forums today

Funny because I purchased a range of monitors and brought them home to do REAL world lighting condition testing and true side-by-side.

The mouse appeared smoother and things felt more relaxed initially and I laughed at how cool it was. Then I settled in for longer term conditioning and it became imperceptible. Meanwhile, the ABSOLUTE SHIT TIER TN PANEL they use to push these framerats became painfully obvious next to an IPS panel. The technology isn't mature yet. The standards are all over the fucking place and its a gimmick as it stands. So, i'll wait to a future date. I do thank the retards for keeping the flame going until then.

What, did the anti-ssd memesters latch on to this now?

>But the $1000 HDMI cable is subjectively better why not get it?
I'll use your own dumbass retarded branlet fucking logic.

what?

>high refresh rate ips screens don't exist

seems like it.

T. Braindamaged

Topkek this but unironically

if it really looks subjectively better and you can afford it, why not get it indeed? what the actual fuck are you on about

i got a korean ips 3+ years ago that i am currently running at 96hz even tho it will probably do 120hz, and it has only about 10ms input lag (yes, input lag)

also, its 2560x1440

if your monitor is only 1080p, its garbage
if your monitor cant run at at least 96hz, its garbage.
outdone by multi-year old, cheap as fuck korean monitors

You're not a professional gamer and your reaction time is dogshit. The pro-wares market is a meme. The gamer plays at such refresh rates because they've conditioned their brain to optimize for it. Also, it helps to sell this shit to plebs if its argued that the pros need it to perform 0.0001% better.

Everyone recall the ultra low latency KILLER Nics? The GAMER USB PORT? It's all a gimmick.

> why are you so upset about people enjoying high refresh rates more than low refresh rates?
Why are you so upset that science disproves your bullshit subjective experience? When you get blown the fuck out, stop resorting to ad hominen attacks to try to regain your footing. It only works on 3 year olds.

Looking at this tread tells me that Jow Forums will buy any kind of snakeoil as long as it has some buzzword attached to it.

i've got low motion blur on my samsung VA panel and there's no brightness or colour change at all.

overclock.net/photopost/data/1445873/d/d1/d184d6ac_5e47db20_IMG_0690.jpeg
They cost $600+ and look like shit.

>Why are you so upset that science disproves your bullshit subjective experience?
this has got to be the dumbest shit i've read all day. if a placebo works, it works. who cares about why it shouldn't work when it clearly works? you are still avoiding my original question

Dat IPS bleed

I didn't think people who practiced homeopathy used technology.

As I code mainly on such monitors mainly, quality trumps refresh rate. Your piece of shit korean monitor that likely is rebranded chinese garbage is in no way comparable.

> 2560x1440
> IPS
> Better quality
> 60hz

Input lag is 10-14ms across the industry btw

So some idiot got a bad IPS panel, what of it?

still avoiding the question
either give me a straight answer or stop wasting my bandwidth with your nonsensical replies.

Dont try to argue with these neckbeards they just dont know.

> this has got to be the dumbest shit i've read all day
> if a placebo works, it works
> if a placebo works, it works
KEK !!!!!!!!!!

its a surplus panel out of an Apple monitor, retard
>60Hz
I explained to you it is running at 96Hz, and likely able to run at 120Hz. Can you not read?

All the summer fags trying to defend their overpriced snakeoil bullshit.

Attached: 1355928553995.jpg (183x200, 9K)

Oh fuck off we're taking about gayming and refresh rate absolutely matters here.

Not the same poster you dumb nigger retard.