DC 5-brushed motor??

Does anyone recognise this motor? I am trying to power it from a car battery and from the look of it the Red and blue are +/-, but the other three wires are attached to brushes that don't contact the commutator.

My first thought was that they were for more powah, but they don't seem to have any segregations like the large commutator.

Any ideas are welcome, will be watching the thread.

Attached: DSC_0037.jpg (3840x2160, 2.35M)

bump

It says right on the sticker that you need 17.5v dc, you illiterate fuck

Thanks user, didn't see that when I read it.

Anyway mind answering the actual question?

As it says right there its a generator motor, DC to AC or vice versa converter basically

Bro it says that on the sticker too
>pole 2
Learn to read, faggot

Yeh cheers but what I really want to know is what the three non-commutator brushes are for

this thing does not appear to have any magnets, you need to power both rotor and stator. Post moar pictures, we'll figure it out.

You can see the magnets at the top, the gold part is a flywheel

The magnets are on the inside of the stator, which is where the brushes are.

The two large bottom brushes are what touch the commutator.

Attached: DSC_0046.jpg (3840x2160, 2.36M)

Those are for the AC component

This is how it sits when assembled.

Could you explain?

Attached: DSC_0047.jpg (3840x2160, 2.47M)

Where the fuck are dc brushes?

Brushes that touch the commutator of a DC (direct current) motor

sorry I mis-read that, I removed them so theyre not damageed by pulling apart and putting back together

This is an alternator. You feed it DC and it outputs AC. The two lower brushes (180° apart) are the DC brushes. Feed power to those and see what happens.

It's out of an old radar unit so I'm struggling to understand why it would output an AC at all. All five wires were connected so what would the AC be used for?

Good solid state inverters are relatively recent, motor-generators were common albeit fairly shit

Position sensing maybe?

I thought that but the gearing at the top of the unit is wired as well so I thought it might use an optical encoder.

So are you saying the AC be used to power the boards inside?

Yup, what this guy says. It was probably used as an analog rotary encoder to sync the sweep on the display.
You wouldn't use an incremental encoder in this case, you would definitely use an absolute one.

Got the motor to turn, thanks for you help and advice user. wifi dying so can't post vid of it chooching, sadly.