Whats a good computer to use on linux

whats a good computer to use on linux

Attached: gif 0532.gif (504x540, 816K)

Damn using a computer on linux...

I use Linux on a computer.

What kinda world you b livin in?

I wanna move to Japan.

weeb

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Thinkpad X220.

What's wrong with Kagami? This gif hurts my head.

I have a Thinkpad X230 but I support this post

too much konata

my wife kagami is so cute

I don't even like anime, but.
ANIME BOARD YOU STUPID BITCH. YOU CAN'T CALL PEOPLE WEEBS.

what's a computer?

A server

I'm supposed to use a computer? I've been using an array of spinning animu lolis.

Think

AMD GPU with Atheros Wifi and you are good

Attached: Screenshot 2018-08-04 10:26:10.png (3840x2100, 759K)

>linux is only usable on a very limited selection of desktops and laptops
Nice OS you got there

>very limited
False

Compare to whats out there, yes.

linux from scratch is the best linux because scratch is the best thing for things to come fcom

this isn't the anime board user

Linux is probably the most used OS to date, runs on thousands of different platforms and architectures
Fuck off with your FUD, microsoft

it's the other way around, dummy.
try installing one thing on old videogame console hardware, phones, and the latest and greatest desktop hardware.
linux is the least limited out there. it's going to the criteria of "can be on most things" the best out of anything we have so far.

fucking fridges toasters and coffee machines run linux. if you ignore intel me, its the most used os

Im talking about desktops and laptops. Linux does dont play well with certain hardware.

you can only run on linux with core i9 dual 1080 ti's and 64gb ddr4 sorry bud

Old Risc-based workstations.

Both of them are x86, which Linux runs on very well.

>does dont
what in the actual fuck does this mean user. and as long as you install the proper drivers, which are usually included with your linux OS, you can run it on anything

desktops and laptops are not necessarily x86

I like konota

Attached: lucky_star___konata_by_singular_plural-dxpbuk.jpg (988x809, 102K)

solar calculators are the only hardware that respect your freedoms

lol, meant does not.
So why does linux run like shit on nvidia compared to AMD? Why does wifi not work on all laptops?

In which cases both latest windows and macos have less compatibility than Linux.

NVidia refuses to work with Linux these days. What AMD did is open-source their drivers so Linux people can pick the source up and polish it to stay compatible and up to date. So AMD doesn't have to worry about it so much. Same goes for Free and OpenBSD too.

As for wifi, I used to have a broadcom chip in one of my laptops. Kernel

but how do you patch kde2 on freebsd

the fuck you need bsd for

>NVidia refuses to work with Linux these days.
Exactly, so you dont even have a choice.

AMD works buttery smooth in UHD 144Hz HDPi set-up.

60hz* UHD and 144Hz 1080p

There is a bigger issue at hand here.