Find a strength

find a strength

Attached: Windows-10-logo.jpg (645x484, 42K)

comes preinstalled

No(t) Linux

Rather comfy

Well for one it doesn't require proprietary hardware starting at $1000

Easy for normies to use. It comes with support for hidpi, lots of software, good drivers, etc out of the box.

it's not linux

it's ok once you delete cortana, firewall, 70% of other apps
ah, by the way updates restore most things you changed

Low system requirements. Runs on 1gb atom tablets. It's much better than 7 and XP did at their time.

built in antivirus

I had that "fun" issue on a gaymen laptop.

The default trackpad driver made it so you couldn't move your cursor while hitting a key. Took a while to find a registry fix for that.

>Direct X
>More software
>Itjustwerks™

yes well all remember the 'runs on vista' ploy, no amount of aggressive prefetching will make this run better than 7

It triggers Linuxfagos

it just werkz, no need to install drivers myself

Diversity. Title bars are white, taskbar etc. are black. Many different context menu styles. Different font renderers.

it comes with my cute gf

Attached: 1532374821375.png (1920x1080, 596K)

>find a strength
it keeps idiots off of linux.

Superfetch is literally worthlessshit and a memory hog, normal prefetch like in XP is good though

>32gigs
>constantly writing to SSD

what the fug

IT JUST WERKS

For CS students it's a good example of what SW shouldn't look like.

nani?

All of the issues you will ever have with it can be fixed by installing gentoo.

Tons of software work on it.

luckily it scales back on machines with low memory, it's still a scam though

g-good for gaming i guess

Runs actually good proprietary software that has no foss alternatives.

p much this. W10 isn't as bad as Jow Forums communists make it out to be once you remove all of the bloatware and disable all the nanny bullshit and spyware. It's the first Windows I actually paid for since Windows 3.1 and it was one of those 5 dollar keys on eBay.

t. W10 Privacy user and Fedora 26 LXDE user

the new Paint 3D is okay
at least better than the crap named GIMP

>tfw you got a really nice laptop but it lacked dedicated trackpad buttons so you had to get a separate mouse in the end anyway

Attached: 318271da98.jpg (236x282, 12K)

>not making a .bat file to disable cortana edge and literally any other bloat shit with just a double click
I'm set for life, good luck with windows 7 though.

Windows update when it happens to work is pretty nice actually, no need to look for 10 different drivers on 20 different sites when doing a fresh install. Booting is pretty fast too. Also obviously the huge software support.

The UI got a lot more consistent too, while obviously no where near Mac OS, I don't hate using it 100% of the time anymore.

>not just installing LTSB and having that stuff not even exist

vibeo james

My problem is that so many things feel half-assed. There's two menus for everything. Their dark mode is a total joke compared to the new one in macOS.

Not even talking about how you have to mess around in gpedit or whatever to ignore forced updates.

Works on my machine

It was so much worse at launch though. These days I find the UI superior to 7 and that seems like the main competition either way. It's reasonably consistent now. Besides as nice Mojave dark mode is, after such a long wait, it better be. 10 had from the start, and while it's not great, it's functional enough.

The messing around with settings is prolly one of the big things that got really worse. Especially the crazy stuff that automatically gets turned on AFTER you turn it down, unless you do the gpedit thing.

It has software that I absolutely need. + Consistent GPU driver support. Stay on loonix if you want to rice and run 40 containers in order to feel like doing something.

easy to use
security updates
you can run everything without problems (fuck off if you keep using dated software)
good drivers
no overcomplicated configuration needed so you can brag how you keep GNU/neckbeardOS up to date without breaking it

Can I "convert" my normal win10 to LTSB that would be neat

No SystemD

minimal autism

doesn't break for no reason when you change something minimal

best application and game support.

Attached: 1529351341072.png (986x715, 471K)

No, you have to install LTSB

>strength
Ctrl-Alt-Delete is pretty comfy

It's not gentoo.

Better than Mac OS X. Or fagOS X, sorry I'm not in gay things.

Can you link up a guide on how to remove the bloat?

thanks

Attached: kingofcomedy-1600x900-c-default.jpg (1600x900, 338K)

Go to HeiDoc.
Download W10 LTSB 2018.
Install.

I sometimes enjoy turning my brain off and relying on shitty GUIs instead of being a command line autist 24/7 and purposefully making my life more difficult than need be to out-circle-jerk anonymous internet people

Good for games

this

sandboxie

hotkeys for window tiling are significantly better than those implemented in GNOME and KDE

other than that, it's a steaming pile of shit