WiFi cracking

> Nearly 100% of all WiFi passwords are either variants of the business's name or references to getting Internet access (e.g. "letmein", "wifiaccess", etc.)
> Constructing a dictionary attack to defeat 90% of WiFi encryption should be incredibly easy and would involve a dictionary of only ~50 words.
Why didn't I think of this before?

Attached: hashcat.png (720x728, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thanosfisherman.github.io/posts/gwpa-faqs/)
null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/hack-wi-fi-capturing-wpa-passwords-by-targeting-users-with-fluxion-attack-0176134/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can you benchmark between hashcat and pyrit? am curious what the difference is.

DESU I've never actually used either.

>Nearly 100% of all WiFi passwords are either variants of the business's name or references to getting Internet access (e.g. "letmein", "wifiaccess", etc.)
How the fuck can somebody make a claim like this?

Personal experience.

People have broken "nearly 100%" of all wifi passwords in existence? I kinda don't buy that.

if you randomize your password then good luck having any tool cracking it. The attacker would have to rely on pure GPU computing power of something like hashcat.

What he means is that nearly 100% of the sample size he is aware of (probably three wifi networks, one of which is his own) have passwords that are a variant of the business name or a reference to getting Internet access.

I understand that, my point is anybody who says something like
>Nearly 100% of all WiFi passwords are either variants of the business's name or references to getting Internet access (e.g. "letmein", "wifiaccess", etc.)
is full of shit.

Dictionary attack worked on 2 APs near me. One was "chocolatefudge". The default ISP keys are still too computational expensive to crack but you can always count on normies to change them to easy remember phrases. If they changed the default ISP SSID then they mostly likely changed the key too.

yeah tried to hack my grandma neighbor so i could get free internet.
but she was using the default.
but this is a good hack if you live inside a business

>i havent worked for any buissness that have anything to do with IT and im making these calims on a tech board

literallty every job ive had with wifi access either used a random string of characters or a completely different style of password to what youre describing. do you live in a third world shit hole or the 90's or something?

14 characters, how long did that take?

So have you made your own dictionary or which one do you use?

>Personal experience.
So, it's worthless.

>business name +? current year
>references
>telephone number
>integer range (e.g. 1-9)
>'password'
Make a script that exports a file with all possible passwords in the language of your choice.

>default ISP keys are still too computational expensive
You don't have to bruteforce them. Many routers use key generation based on router's MAC. So just by accessing the router the key is findable.
For example in Greece, GWPA (thanosfisherman.github.io/posts/gwpa-faqs/) is infamous for forcing people change defaults.

Not long at all, idiort. Two dictionaries of 5000 words each, that's 5000*5000 combinations.
You have to notice that both chocolate and fudge are commonly used words, especially with fat people.

Considering it was a dictionary attack, quick most likely.

This.

I have a neighbor whose password is a sentence in some slav gibberish. Another has his password set to the latin name of a flower.

Just like you

people don't configure their routers either so if you see multiple aps with similar name then their password follow a certain criteria.

If you can access the router just plug a rj45 bro

>>business name +? current year
Sometimes + current quarter
but you're very right

Any organization worth their salt will require a certificate.

>no u
Wow, clever.

You'd be surprised.

I must be smarter than the average skiddie here.

>take advantage of stupid people
>check if there is active connected clients on target network
>if there is, grab handshake
>create a rogue AP of the same ssid + -guest or -guest-network
>deauth connected client
>they cant find their wifi, but find open one with their ssid + -guest, -guest-network attached to it.
>connect
>they try to visit a site
>redirected to my fake router brand site
>saying sorry about the unexpected error, please enter your wifi password
>they fall for it
>run the password they gave me against my handshake
>redirect them depending if the handshake was successful or not

less than 10 min if the user is active enough.

because wpa3 is coming soon and fixes all these problems.

Done this successfully with Fluxion about 6 times. Its really fucking good. Im on the network of every neighbour in my area that my antenna can reach.

WPA2-PEAP blocks your path

How long did it take to collect data to crack

pic related

Attached: 11(1).jpg (1106x962, 333K)

>Nearly 100% of all WiFi passwords are either variants of the business's name or references to getting Internet access
False as fuck.

I don't get why they wouldn't be able to find their AP after you deauth them.

what antanna do you use? I need to work on a setup for this.

They would be able to find their AP.

all routers I've encountered in my family have had the default passwords which were either 12 numbers or 12 letters and recently 12 numbers or letters, no words at all.
if you really believe what you described is normal then your social circle must be full of fucking retards, remove yourself from the gene pool bc you're just as much of a piece of trash

>they can't find their wifi, but find open one with their ssid + -guest, -guest-network attached to it
How are you making their legit ssid invisible? Why are they unable to see it?

nvm. Found this

null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/hack-wi-fi-capturing-wpa-passwords-by-targeting-users-with-fluxion-attack-0176134/

I usually rely on aircrack with either custom dictionaries, or brute forcing the collected key in hashcat. I'll give this a try

That really doesn't work anymore. Only first generation routers will use the MAC to generate the key, most these days use unknown algorithms. You can hack the firmware and decompile to ASM but it's getting harder and harder to do.

I just used wordlists already available online compiled by other people. I don't have them anymore as this was years ago and some are 30+ GBs in size. It's all script kiddie tier shit. Alternatively you can just use rules which generate a series of keys. Hashcat comes with the "T0XlC-insert_top_100_passwords_1_G" by default. "rockyou-30000" is a good one, too.

That was mean

The password to our business wifi is based off the name of the owner's daughter's dog

This is really easy to do, you can even do it with an ESP8266 which costs 5$