Whats your favourite desktop environment Jow Forums?

For me its Gnome3

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (1920x1200, 348K)

Aqua (macOS) and Pantheon (elementary OS).

Attached: SNzA6mZbVIsITw7oImIQA.jpg (990x555, 122K)

>DEs
lmao
i3wm, if not, then KDE

Xfce is the best stacking/full DE experience

i3 is the best tiling wm

gnome is for people who use gas station car washes and buy the burritos

>using a DE in the year of our lord

Budgie is okay but I'm moving back over to Windows 7 to enjoy what time it still has left

Enlightenment is pretty cool, bit resource intensive compared to other full DE/WM but it really stands out and has some unique features.
Try it out, you can set movies, webm and gifs as your icons and wallpaper. Completely useless but fun

i3 or death

Attached: 1529984402487.jpg (640x977, 136K)

Enjoy your botnet.

Just use whatever lets you do your work. The DE is not the most interesting part of owning a computer...

will do

Ignore the macfag lies.

faggot

Attached: wok.jpg (340x331, 19K)

I like Budgie. I'd be using elementary OS if it didn't constantly keep my monitor awake.

This.

>Gnome3
Considered harmful
Install awesomewm

What kind of fag uses a desktop environment?

Obvious troll is obvious.

for me its the s9

I have to use gnome atm. Because Xfce is so shit when it comes to waking up from suspend. Its displays/flashes your screen then locks it.

KDE

KDE
There's no reason to use anything else since Plasma

Still using openbox for almost 10 years since #!. Yes, it's a WM, Yes, #! was discontinued but it's not hard to build your own.

Attached: TvB9o0D_d.jpg (640x360, 14K)

Attached: xp_desktop.jpg (654x491, 65K)

KDE, due to need to have window rules for various apps (i.e. have them behave in a certain predictable way on a 3 monitor setup).
I could do my job on Gnome too for several months, but a lack of alternatives for Klipper made me switch back to KDE.

Budgie is comfy

awesome wm

Attached: 1507190104039.jpg (783x800, 230K)

>DE
first time using GNU/linux?

Ah cute! he's in his "DE's are for plebs" phase.

tty1

Xfce is the only sane choice

it's the most essential part

Aqua and Plasma 5.

Unironically Unity

GNOME (w/ Ubuntu's design)

Cinnamon is best desu.

This. Cinnamon = the advantages of Gnome 3, minus the bullshit, and plus actual features.

A good DE is important. Gnome is constantly fighting against the user by having less features and overcomplicating what should be simple tasks. Xfce (with 100x less devs) and KDE (which is 5 times less stable) are objectively better than GNOME and should be used instead, for example.

>t. homOSeX user who loses 80% of performance on the DE

Attached: cinnamon-benefits-eat-healthy.jpg (600x600, 94K)

there are two projects that are continuation of crunchbang one crunchbang++ and bunsenlabs. crunchbang++ is a debian reskin and have same repository as debian but is still quite cool should check them out

KDE

Attached: 800px-KDE_Mascot_Konqi_by_Tyson_Tan.png (800x1333, 206K)

>I like my DE full of bugs

ive used unity, kde, xfce, and i3 and honestly i liked them all and think they are just good at different things

yep, gnome3 for me.
to everyone shitting on gnome just try turning off search on the control center retards. that makes a load on the cpu.

we know tilling wm are cool but I dare you to set up on a clean installation a multiple layout for the keyboard and keybinds for brightness and volume that prompts the level of these without having autism on i3.
(protip: you can't)

Attached: 1526075724762.jpg (433x427, 49K)

Did you pay for that

I remember back in the day, I kept switching between KDE and Gnome constantly, never being really satisfied with either. As you get older, it becomes less of an issue. Nowadays, I have Emacs on the left, the terminal on the right, and that's it. Makes the DE rather irrelevant.

>DE
I find that I can work using bash almost exclusively.

cinnamon is my favorite. gnome is 2nd and everything else is below