/spg/ - Smartphone General

Galaxy Note 9 Edition
youtu.be/3gjaOtU3Mr0

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual phone size comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: note9~2.jpg (3432x1930, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_max_3-8963.php
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php
geizhals.de/xiaomi-redmi-note-5-64gb-schwarz-a1817153.html
geizhals.de/xiaomi-mi-mix-2-64gb-schwarz-a1687280.html
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/AlwaysWet_Lee/status/1024554973105803264
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Xperia XA2 plus when?

>sony phone
lol it just sucks like PS4.

Okay. But when though?

Objectively Honor Note 10 stumps everything xioami has to offer.

Debate me with facts, not feelings.

You have a small penis. Theres a fact for you. Also locked bootloaders and inhouse tech instead of a snapdragon.

7-incher
EMUI >>> your shitty lineagebot
GPU turbo

>hes only 7 inches
If you're under nine inches then you can't pleasure women.

Which real company is most likely to copy the vivo with the rising front camera? 100% screen ratio is the near future, then bendable displays

Apple

$700

go

Attached: 4a0.jpg (1808x1204, 692K)

S9 or P20? what do

It doesn't have an unlockable bootloader, a 3.5mm audio jack and it has a limited number of Android version/security updates because of that. CPU efficiency is yet to be determined and tested, but the direct competitor already has 500 mAh larger capacity.
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_max_3-8963.php

why is sonys smartphone design team so shit at their jobs?

shit cpu though

Honor's Kirin maybe.

note 8

Any reccs on a sub 150mm android phone and also under 200/250€?

Nokia 6.1 (6 2018), Mi A2 Lite

Nova 3i or Oppo f7?

Your mom liked it

So is the note 9 or galaxy 10 or whatever going to actually be stronger?

if i can buy any phone, what's best?

Redmi note 5 is the best value for the money now days?

recommend me something

S9+, P20 Pro

iphone x

Slightly.

Yes or Huawei Nova 3i

i feel like ive made a huge mistake but i just cant take it anymore. my droid 4 is just too old now
ill be using it with the moto z3 once it comes out
/blog

Attached: ss+(2018-08-03+at+07.25.06).jpg (752x409, 90K)

Holy shit why

thinking of buying a nokia 7 plus to replace my ageing moto g4. it costs £330 - £350. is this a good phone? is there a better alternative within the price range?

how is galaxy a6+
it's for ~370 euro here

Any news on what processor the Note 9 will have?

Attached: selfie8.jpg (576x1024, 63K)

The one that you, consumerist's shit, deserve.
Snapdragon 450

For that price - it's disgusting.

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php

I see, it's the one that the local shop seller recommends

Xiaomi Redmi 4a

Femanon here, the Note 9 will come with a Exynos 9820 SoC.

Why were these discontinued

point me to a modern device that has physical qwerty in landscape. there are no options and there hasnt been for the past 6 - almost 7 years now.
no blackberry doesnt count because landscape is ugly

What is the limit between budget and mid-tier phones?
Is over 400 mid-tier and below budget?

they arent but the chances of it ever going into mass production are very slim. look up the moto z keyboard mod in indiegogo if you care enough.
tl,dr version motorola screwed them over with false promises then bailed

Samsung midrange phones are a no no desu

sd 4xx - budget
sd 6xx - midranger

I'm about to buy a new phone. I just had an iphone 6 and it started to just turn to utter shit within the last few weeks, I was wondering what the best high end non apple phone is currently?

what about p20 lite
has similar price tag

Samsung Note 9

i wanted that one too, but heard that it has bug that freezes the phone for +-30sec

Attached: wallhaven-680175.jpg (3500x2323, 1.16M)

Is a 512gb microsd just a meme?

Fair, but $1000 though. Too bad you can't shove stuff like these into the phone developers' faces and say "WE WANT PHYSICAL KEYBOARDS".

>$1076
Early backers got theirs for $60.

Tbh modern fingerprint scanners are a bit too smooth. Sometimes when I pick up my s9+ I'm doubting if it even really locked at all cause it unlocked so fast

Never listen to what the seller recommends

Didn't get much of an answer last time.

Right now the Nexus 6 is about 150 bucks, was thinking on pulling the trigger on that phone but I was wondering if there are any newer phone around the same price point.

This is on a CDMA network, thanks in advance.

>there are people itt that buy cheap chink phones that won't last and where all profits go to the chinese economy so they can buy more labour/genocide camps and spy on you
>not buying samsung or apple or other 1st world smartphones where some of the profits go to the countries that uphold your values and fight dictatorial communists and the end product is higher quality, and will last longer
Sure, you have to bolster an evil empire to get a smartphone today, but why not keep it at a minimum and get a better phone??

You can sometimes get Pixel / Pixel XL for around ~$150 used. If you want a new phone then Moto G5 Plus has been occasionally on sale for ~$150 new on eBay.

and they majority havent received theirs. very few actually have

Hey, I need a new phone since my Oukitel k600 pro is dying.

Could you please help me find something, since I'm not up to date and do not want to compare a million different phones.

Budget: 200-300€
Carrier: E+/o2

Important:
>Battery
Actual on screen time, not just the size of the battery.

>Screen
I know it's just a trend, but I love those bezelless 'all screen' phones (Pic related) and just search for them. Also around 6 inch is perfect. I have huge hands, so I don't really care.

>Camera

>SD-Card slot

>Good connection
This one is hard to find any information on, but my current phone has massive connection problems, even tho others have perfect 4G.

I don't care for benchmarks, processor speed and stuff... I don't use heavy apps or game on my phone.
3Gb Ram or more and a somewhat decent enough processor should be the minimum for every Smatphone nowadays.

Thanks in advance!

Attached: 911201712838PM_635_xiaomi_mi_mix_black.jpg (635x476, 29K)

Redmi Note 5
geizhals.de/xiaomi-redmi-note-5-64gb-schwarz-a1817153.html

Or Mi Mix 2
geizhals.de/xiaomi-mi-mix-2-64gb-schwarz-a1687280.html

Thanks!

So Xiaomi is the only one in this price range?

Shit phone and I say that as a Xiaomi shill.

>Femanon here

Tits or gtfo

Try to wait for the s10 but consider a s9 I suppose. Samsung are the only ones not being cucked by cooying apples shit ass designs. They're the only ones making good things despite the fact that bigsby is an annoying cunt (which can be turned off)

I want a phone case for iPhone 7 made of velure. Why the FUCK doesn't it exist?

>that won't last
Last? For how long? Samsung has been known for including low quality EMMCs in the Galaxy Note line, namely Note 1, 2 and 4. So, this really doesn't mean much.
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
>and where all profits go to the chinese economy so they can buy more labour/genocide camps and spy on you
Which economy should it go to instead of the one responsible for manufacturing the devices? How are you even equating labour and genocide? Big surprise labour is required for producing tens of millions of smartphones. And your precious Apple and Samsung among others have received backlashs about practices in manufacturing facilities, not emerging Chinese brands.
>1st world smartphones
First world smartphones? If you consider India and Vietnam first world countries, then sure, some phones are "first world". That's not your Samsung and Apple - Foxconn.
>where some of the profits go to the countries that uphold your values and fight dictatorial communists
Well, something had to confirm this was bait.

Well not the only one, just the best value IMO. I'd also check out Nokia 7 Plus, maybe Moto G6 Plus.

Xiaomi

>Samsung are the only ones not being cucked by cooying apples shit ass designs
Do you honestly consider glass backs and the curved edge gimmick on almost all variants of their recent flagships a sound design/engineering choice?

Spend a bit more and buy a Redmi Note 5

Won't work on CDMA

so.... What about sd 7xx

Ah nevermind then.

high end midrange

Wait for it to ship with an actual device and get tested.

Thanks, will have a look.

I just had a look at the Mi mix 1 and I somehow like it more...
Is there an issue with the 1, or is it really more preference?

Ok, Mi mix 1 has an audio jack. So Mi mix 1 it is then.

Convince me not to get a Mix 2S (coming from a RN3). Don't care about having no micro SD or headphone jack.

Only downside I see is no official LineageOS yet and no AMOLED.

>Big surprise
There you go again

What's the coolest looking phone?

There you go with shitposting again.

iPhone X

t. Shill

Still not putting any effort in.

well my trusty old iphone 6 completely shit the bed. need to get something new, been thinking of the iphone X, but maybe not apple. desu haven't been paying attention to the smartphone scene in years.
any recommendations?

Anyone with a Mi Max 3 here? Mini-review?

Get the iPhone X

oy vey

twitter.com/AlwaysWet_Lee/status/1024554973105803264
so according to Chinese users, reason why they locked the bootloader or their phone is probably to help collect user usage and connection info, so that when user are using vpn to visit foreign sites, the phone's system could send the VPN's IP to the government authority, so that they can ban the vpn.

TechTablets did a decent review of the phone.

Get the Mi 8 if you want a Xiaomi with AMOLED.

Samsung A6 or Huawei Nova 3i?

I heard Huawei has bad build quality

What do you think about glass backs? I've dropped my current phone like 20 times(on hardwood floor) and it mostly resulted in chips around the side. The camera glass is cracked though. I'm considering the nokia 6.1 but I feel like the glass back won't hold up.
I hate cases they ruin the phone's aesthetics
Thanks anons

Mi 8 SE has it

I think it's time to stop recommending Huawei / Honor phones then.

The people doing it won't stop until their checks from China stop arriving.

My Moto G 4 has died a death. Any suggestions on a replacement? In the UK. Budget is around £150. Carrier is o2.

Nokia 6.1 doesn't have a glass back

Nah but they're not copying the dumb bullshit like ditching SD cards, headphone jacks, and faggot notches. The glass back is horrible just like 99% of what apple does.

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus or Mi A1, both ~£150 on Amazon