So what if computers can beat us at chess? We can still beat them with a hammer

So what if computers can beat us at chess? We can still beat them with a hammer

Attached: 0808_sn_Kasparov_1.jpg (1000x558, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lichess.org/VNtsPPnv
lichess.org/hFT0IDDp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For now

Did he name Microsoft after his penis?

Attached: 614_v9_ba.jpg (1080x1440, 176K)

>For now
why do people keep saying this shit when there is no basis for it

lichess.org/VNtsPPnv

time for some 10|10 faggots, let's go
let's see how good Jow Forums is

Attached: 15424687896545.jpg (556x418, 31K)

Because the technology is already available, it's simply a matter of time before somebody does that.

Lemme download a chess bot first.

you have to go back
the basis are the rapidly increasing capabilities of AI. andoid soldiers are only a matter of time. it's a no-brainer.

Come on now.

I assumed you already did that.

Allen came up with it

Attached: 1513934997107.jpg (940x529, 111K)

Nope, i'm natty

>he basis are the rapidly increasing capabilities of AI
yeah cause being able to search a linked list is real fucking scary

what technology exactly are you refering to other than that made up shit youre making up

If you weren't a moron you'd realize it is a valid concern. Look how buggy modern software is. Now take the military who are keen to get autonomous androids etc up and running. I'm sure you can work out the rest.

So Allen named it after Gates' penis

>Now take the military who are keen to get autonomous androids etc up and running
no, they really arent.

This.
Do not push your luck OP.

>yeah cause being able to search a linked list is real fucking scary
oh, is that why investments into AI have skyrocketed in recent years? to search linked lists?

Yes, darpa funds projects like boston dynamics just for fun? You're a moron.

You're 10 000 years too early to beat me.

Attached: 1531611388956.jpg (667x900, 287K)

>oh, is that why investments into AI have skyrocketed in recent years?
>what are memetic properties of buzzwords
>what are blanket terms used to incorrectly and interchangeably describe ML and NN
>what is in vogue media
ai has always been here, just vr has been here since the 80s. this isnt new or anymore scary than it ever was.

>darpa funds projects like boston dynamics just for fun?
raytheon, general dynamics, boeing and lockheed dont want a bar of it. who has all the important dod contracts? hmm..

lichess.org/hFT0IDDp
moar games faggots

Attached: 1526463476222.png (600x451, 345K)

A lot of darpa funding is classified...

@67009319
lol(lol)

i can tell you arent a defence contractor and have no idea what the companies i just listed do, least of all raytheon. you dont get another (you) from me.

>what is the relation between the technological investments and innovation
just kys, brainlet. the money wasn't there so nothing was happening. just watch what happens in the next decade.

That's what it looked like when he saw your mom

>just watch what happens in the next decade.
for just how many decades are you going to continue to spout this shit? is this the exact same "mystical" ten years people have been terrified of since 1983? come the fuck on

You gon get blacked

So big brother and NSA can process "big data" faster. So researchers can use it in simulations. So we can have things like better speech/image recognition.

AI has many useful applications that aren't >le skynet

AI has never been financed like this, you literal retard. You're the same kind of idiot who doubted the usefulness of the internet in the 90s.

Attached: annual-VC-investment-in-AI-startups.jpg (686x509, 35K)

You're not alone. For some reason online chess matches are full of people using chess bots for either their entire match or just when they think they're in trouble. It's happened countless times I've got a significant advantage over someone and suddenly they make perfect plays for the next 10 moves and land a checkmate. Like how'd you go from hanging your bishop to forcing Anastasia's mate?

I don't get the idea behind cheating to win unranked for-fun chess matches.

I don't believe in le skynet meme. I do believe we will have completely automated robots in police and military forces which might or might no 'beat us with a hammer'.

this guy gets it

Attached: drone attack.webm (1024x576, 1.86M)

Yeah but on the flip side of that argument, I've always played legit games and sometimes it just happens that I make a brilliant move, either due to pure luck or somehow I'm able to pull through the mental fog and see a winning position my opponent doesn't, and I get accused of being a cheater.

I don't even know what to say to them at that point. I realize people cheat, but I'm not one of them. I'm also inspired by Tal and his games and I tend to sacrifice material for positional gain, and people just assume it's cheating right away if I sacrifice a piece and it becomes apparent why only after 5 or 6 moves.

Lichess in particular has a nice system where if you make too many computer moves it will flag you as a cheater. You're still allowed a few moves though (because it could just be luck or rare insight, as I mentioned earlier). It's not bulletproof but it's something at least. I have no idea why people would cheat though, seems petty.

i can throw all the money i like at an anti faggot laser beam, it doesnt mean its going to do anything you fuckwit

you cant show me anything except literal blackholes of money? why cant you show me any results where ml/nn are being used in a fashion that could have them "revolt", where a literal person isnt in charge of their fucking code

wow this car that talks back to the database is too smart fuck what will we do? certainly not disconnect the render farm from the power so it has no repo of info to use, nope not an option at all

People still play chess?

AI doesn't have to revolt to kill humans. We'll be using it on each other soon enough.

That stuff is really far away user. You've seen Boston Dynamics' and Darpa robotics challenge's progress. Robots can't even move fast enough to catch a toddler yet. Yeah it might become a reality in the next 50-60 years but even then I doubt they would be a real concern. Especially in the US where you have a strong gun/self-defense culture. Military robots are a joke against any sizable country who can simply deploy an EMP. Also they would probably be too expensive to manufacture anyways.

>We can still beat them with a hammer
No, you can't. I dare you to walk with a hammer into Deep Mind HQ.

>AI doesn't have to revolt to kill humans.
howd you miss the entire fucking point of the thread, you complete dumb fuck

we can already have automated drones like . what's holding us back are moral and legal reasons. the populace would chimp out if anyone tried to use that shit on humans.

>I dare you to walk with a hammer into Deep Mind HQ.
hey guess what

it wont be deep mind stopping you. itll be people. ergo proving his point.

>I don't get the idea behind cheating to win unranked for-fun chess matches.
because winning is fun

No, I didn't. You're narrow-minded and assumed AI has to become rogue to harm us when it's just a matter of who controls it.

It is still a very popular game outside of America, where it was only popular for the brief period of time when an American was good at it.

>So what if computers can beat us at chess? We can still beat them with a hammer

DID YOU MISS THIS SOMEHOW IN THE FIRST POST OF THE THREAD

Stop beating computers with hammers

What did I miss, faggot? The point is wether or not we'll still be able to beat AI with a hammer. No, we might not.

The point is you cannot stop AI now and it will only be harder and harder with time.

There you go. AI distopia evaded. The same reason why nobody wants to use nuclear weapons.

That was a fucking amazing game

Yes but I wouldn't feel like I actually won if I just followed a computer's moves. The computer won, which is to be expected. I guess it might be similar to watching your favourite sports team win?

The moral threshold to use nuclear weapons is much higher cause they fuck everything up beyond recognition.
It's not really a big deal to have drones surveil an area. Then we'll have the drones give warnings, then warning shots and so on.

Won by a single pawn.

yeah i shouldn't given away my rook

i say you more, computer for $300 can beat world chempion

If you want to make a point against drones use actors that don't make normal people cheer for the drones

Attached: 550ce45d9a1f9f509960ae3f375e629d.jpg (1500x1147, 529K)