Ryzen 2700X and Windows 8.1

Is anyone using above combo? I have massive problems and people tell me to use Windows 10, which I don't intend to use because its shit.

I know there are even guys using Windows 7. My 1700 works flawlessly with 8.1.

Attached: specs.jpg (2566x1995, 670K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 10 - 64
twitter.com/AnonBabble

8.1 is worse than 10 lol

>Using a driver from 2017

AYYMD HAS NO DRIVERS

Use GNU/Linux instead.

>massive problems

can you describe these?

Windows 10 is better than 8.1 btw

how can anyone not commit suicide while using 8.1
install 7

This was a serious question. 8.1 is perfect, in between, more modern, supports old hardware and drivers as well as software, low memory usage, less telemetry.

Don't reply if you cannot answer a simple question. Who is running a 2700X or Ryzen Zen+ on 7 or 8.1?

Switch to Windows 7. Get a USB drive, get a windows 7 iso, download MSI smart tool or get a ps/2 keyboard. The smart tool will inject drivers onto the usb drive so you can use your mouse and keyboard during installation. I installed Windows 7 on a 2700x and it works great.

Attached: speccs.png (673x528, 51K)

>4 Seagate mechanical drives
what an absolute madman!

>8.1
>poozen
>poolaris
>seagate
ultimate poorfag

It is entry level for serious productivity, I wouldn't say poorfag. He could be using a dual core Celeron with 4GB of RAM and a GTX 460.

>massive problems
Care to elaborate? Ryzen APUs for example cannot install/run Windows 7 at all due to some clock incompatibilities, even if you don't use the integrated Vega GPU. If you can mention what problems you are facing, the possibility of us finding a solution will be much higher.

Tbh, I've even been having problems with 10, and I don't know if it's my Ryzen or my mobo.
Any time I clock the ram past 2800, Windows instantly blue-screens once I log in. Past 2933, and Windows won't even boot - it think's it's corrupted. At 2800, games crash constantly (but they run pretty fast before that). So, I have to run my pc at 2733mhz.
Crazy how nature do that.

Should mention that it's an unlocked ryzen (2700x) and that I've tried multiple ram brands in different configurations, both single and dual stick.
So, yeah. I think it might just be a buggy chipset

>Makes terrible hardware / software decisions
>I-is anyone else having problems
No, It's you

no one here would use that combo, install gentoo

>doesnt use win10 because it is shit
>uses win8.1

>I have massive problems and people tell me to use Windows 10
>My 1700 works flawlessly with 8.1.
Which one is it? I guess I have a similar set up but I think 8.1 is garbage a long with 10 so I'll continue to use 7.

forgot image

Attached: somewhat.png (1232x952, 1002K)

Windows 7 Gang

i would have installed XP but it reminds me too much of my youth so i ignore it

>it's new so it must be shit
>i've never used it but i still know this to be true

Pirate Enterprise instead.

Windows 10 is shit: Spying, Forced Reboots, Phone Interface, Buggy

Attached: image(1).png (370x375, 207K)

thx
it seems there is thermal paste on the socket, ill get a toothbrush and hope i can resolve it
Yes but the UI is also shit, they say 8.1 has bad UI but 10 is even worse. And old software doesnt work, I would need to buy a new printer, no thanks. Its also buggy as fuck and needs lots of ram

10 is shit.
8.1 is shit.
8 is shit.
7 SP1 is shit.
7 is shit.

t. 30 year old boomer

Windows 98se, now that was a good operating system

Attached: images.jpg (234x215, 8K)

Win 10 + Classic shell. Fuck off OP

I'm running a 2700x on Windows 10 with the vengeance C15 running at 3000mhz with zero problems.

you don't need classic shell on windows 10

>I installed Windows 7 on a 2700x and it works great.
This is false, it may "run" but definitely not run great, Windows 10 is the only system that has appropriate drivers for it, don't use 10 yo system for newer parts kids, that's retarded

It amuses me greatly that there are people on this board are so dumb that they fell for the memes so hard that they're willingly clinging to Windows 8. Man you're stupid.

No one, because Windows 8.1 is shit. There is literally nothing good about Windows 8.1 you're just being a boomer- either use Windows 7 and get low RAM usage or run Windows 10 and just be careful what you do on your Windows install. You would be using Linux if you cared about any of those things anyways.

or an e6400+8600GT if we're talking like Eastern Europe poorfag level

>how can anyone not commit suicide while using 8.1
It's literally Windows 7 but better once you install Classic Shell. Stop being retarded.

Give it a try to Windows 10 Enterprise + LTSB.

Just works with no bullshit. Botnet is still there but also on 7 and 8.

>i have massive problems
>my 1700 works flawlessly with 8.1
well wtf is it

All Windows versions suck. You either deal with it or use something else.
This. Stop living in the past, OP.

>Windows 10 is the only system that has appropriate drivers for it
False, Ryzen has Windows 7 drivers. I am not sure if these drivers can be used for OP though.
support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 10 - 64