Fuck it's so hard to wait for Zen2. I'm running 3570k and I want to upgrade so bad!

Fuck it's so hard to wait for Zen2. I'm running 3570k and I want to upgrade so bad!

Attached: amd_phenom_ii_1055t_1.jpg (550x513, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YsMvjiZeTso?t=2m2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just get 2700/2700X. It runs circles around your Ivy trash.

I'm still running i5 750 and questioning if it's worth upgrading

3570K is more than sufficient. Upgraded from 3930K to 2700X and the difference is not too big to be honest.

Trust me just wait

Tfw upgraded from a Phenom 9750 to a Ryzen 1600, and boy was it worth the wait.
Hopefully Zen 2 is worth it, then I can wait for my 1600 to show its age.

upgrade to a 2500K instead

You should wait. Even the 2700X is not worth the upgrade.

I'm rocking an FX-8150, playing 60FPS 1080p games and using an Oculus Rift.
Why should I upgrade any time soon?

Or don't wait - buy the montherboard and all the ram you want now along with a 2200G
It's $99 and it's still faster than your 3570K
Then you can get a biggun zen2/Ryzen3 next year whilst saving power and having more performance right now.
2400G is faster again. but it's $150 for SMT

2400G is faster again. but it's $150 for SMT
$149 all up meant to write $50 for SMT.

4820k here, it is tempting.
It isn't really worth it unless you like to burn money though, the performance increase would be decent, but you probably aren't pushing that 3570k to the limit anyway.
The only reason to upgrade that thing before zen3 is if you care about security and don't like being vulnerable to spectre/meltdown and the myriad of ME vulnerabilities they have found.
I'm probably not going to upgrade mine until the motherboard dies, but given that I've successfully repaired my motherboard a couple of times I don't think that is happening any time soon.

2200G is more of a sidegrade, but your other points are correct.
And RAM prices might get better or worse in the time, and who knows about a 500 series chipset.

I personally moved from a 4820k to a Ryzen 1700.
- Single core performance is effectively equal - IPC is much better (than IvyE), but my 1700 is only good for 3900 where my 4820k was 4600 - they're within 1 point of each other at those clocks on single thread cinebench (180/179)
- AMD's SMT is much better than Ivy HT
- Double cores
- Actually less power consumption from the wall (though I think that's more to do with x79's power consumption vs x370 than the CPUs)
- USB3 that isn't garbage

Not a bad upgrade overall and if AMD's slies about 15% IPC uplift AND a massive clockrate boost for Zen2 are right, I'll be one happy chappy.
Of course for you to get there, you've got to pay through the nose for RAM at the moment - which is the hardest damn part.

Yeah if RAM weren't so expensive I would upgrade. Were you overclocking yours much at all? Got lucky and mine overclocks like a beast, managed to get it up to 4.8Ghz at 1.29v.
I also considered just upgrading the chip to a cheap higher core count Xeon, but I would probably lose performance since they obviously can't clock nearly that high.

4.6ghz at 1.32
I also considering moving to a 4930/4960 - but they were $400 last time I checked - which started me on the Ryzen build train.
If the cheaper 8c xeons were unlocked, I'd probably have just bought one of them.

Sold the CPU+Board+RAM (32GB DDR3 2400 CL10) for $500 spent about the same on my 1700+Board then another grand buying 64GB DDR4 3200 CL14.

Running stock 3570. Waiting for GPU crash in 3 weeks. Seeing how the performance is before switching CPUs.

I made the mistake of trading away my 64GB of RAM without knowing about the prices being insane, stupidly traded it for a Titan X. (thought my mobo was toast and was going to upgrade but it was a simple repair)
Now I'm limping by on 8gb. When RAM prices are sane I'll probably upgrade. The main reason I didn't upgrade to a 1700 was I didn't like that x370 had a lot of issues with memory compatibility.
x470 has better compatibility and speeds, still not on par with intel's though. I hope that with either BIOS updates or with zen2 they can catch up since that seems to be their main performance impairment right now.

What gpu crash mate?

X370 doesn't inherently have RAM issues, any modern board with an updated BIOS will fare fine.

nvidia has a stockpile of 1080s. Wait 2-3 weeks. You will see prices drop.

How do you think I feel?

Attached: Untitled.png (503x47, 3K)

Isn't 1180 around the corner? Would you still buy the 1080s?

Price drop per performance. For those later adapters that had to sit through the miner bullshit.

That's what I had before the 4820k!
They do 3.4ghz pretty easy by just changing the fsb from 1333 to 1600

Same
Except I'm a q8600

I'm running web browser etc. same time when I'm playing and 3570k Can't handle that really well.

-> Actually it's pushed to the limit when playing or running many programs same time in the background. Also my Asus Formula V is starting to fail.

what's the point though?

I'm getting a 1080ti to replace my r9 290 and even with my 4670k (albeit overclocked to 4.5ghz) I'm not going to bottleneck it.

My 3570k@4,5GHz already bottlenecks my gtx 1070 in Witcher 3 for example.

preach, man
>built r3 1200 budget build last year
>have money now and want to upgrade
>zen2 ~9 months out
it doesn't help that I've been window shopping recently, too

it sucks because everyone here upgraded recently, so an additional year wait isint so bad for the 7nm+, im still using an i5 quad core 32nm like some ape

im like 2 years off everyones upgrade cycle

i want a ryzen 2700x but i know their releasing the next gen sometime in February :(

fuck waiting a year though, things will always get better, besides plenty of people have workstations using 8+ years of age on them

If it does what you need it to to your satisfaction, there's no need to upgrade.

1080 is still a monster, not like it'll be suddenly obsolete when the 1180 drops

I'm doing a new build which was originally going to be a 2700x but the coming upgrade is too juicy. Rather than spend the 300+ on it, I'm picking up a 2600 and a high end air cooler for ~240 combined, then i can upgrade the chip and reuse the cooler when zen2 comes out

Why X? All Ryzen are unlocked. You may get a better bin, but the X isn't decisively better.
Can shave off a couple bucks, pair that with a sale/used and the gap closes.

>4690k
>never feel like i need to upgrade

Attached: 1500479941515.png (565x486, 461K)

>my workloads don't mirror that of those around me but I am in the right
Congrats, I guess?

the 2700x has an additional .5Ghz base speed, with an extra .2 Ghz boost cap over the non x version, not worth saving $20 for imo

And if you OC the 2700 you'll match or exceed it on both counts.
The $20 saved could go towards the cooler or maybe some flame stickers for your case.

It wasn't about right or wrong, but sure thing user.

Attached: 1435009221782.jpg (192x171, 15K)

right there with you at 3770k user. Wanting to leave the intel ship.

Id love to build a 2600 rig. but its not in the cards atm.

Picked up a used Dell Workstation, swapped the PSU, added an SSD, and my Old pal 7870XT.

Though the GPUS dated. I can still play modern games and lower settings ofc, but I would be happy with this rig for atleast another year if I could pick up a 1050ti or similar performance.

Attached: Untitled.png (481x452, 23K)

I've got a 2600k and an 1800x. 1800x way better.

2600k here. Same situation.

Still rolling along fine (desktop system). Only play older games (1996- 2k4 era) so nothing really demanding. Only thing that even uses all cores is the occasional video encode job.

Attached: Untitled-2.jpg (891x587, 166K)

If you can wait, do so. If you need something now consider if you're going ryzen or threadripper . Zen+ is a great choice but we expect Zen2 to be even better since it's a new process. I would buy Ryzen+ now, but only buy TR+ if you really need it

The idea was get the X with the prism cooler and be done
With the goal being to push past the current generation's performance in the future, getting a high end cooler comes into play

I wait but the waiting time feels so long. I made promise to myself that I will build next rig when someone gets under 10nm

I agree, but I paiud $125 for the PC, 30 for the PSU and I had the GPU on hand.

will Zen2 be compatible w/ current gen mobo?

i'll upgrade from a10-7850k to 2700x.
can't wait until it arrives.

>2700x
>can't wait until it arrives

it's already here or do you mean 3700x?

delivered would have been better wording.

Yes. AM4 will be getting new Ryzens until 2020

x470 chipset is just fine and dandy.
No memory issues no bullshit it werks.

So you can by a 2000 series ryzen with a 470 mothrboard and later get Zen 2

uh oh

Nah I just straight go for zen2

good old i5 750, there was a time from like 2013 to 2014 that temperatures went to 100c, I just assumed there was some wrong with the sensors because games and everything keep running smoothly , it turns out it WAS running at a 100c, the cooler was half way loose and the thermal paste was fucked, I can't believe it didn't die, here we are 4 years later and still running as my main machine, I want to go ryzen but I know I probably won't have to for at least a year or two

"upgrading" to a poomd

damn. that makes the decision much easier now knowing that.

What does the future of zen APUs look like? Not having the graphics cards means potential for super tiny miniITX builds

this is what i did last month. bought a pricey x470 board, got the jew priced super ram, new psu, the works, and then just threw in a 2200g to bide time.

honest this processor is really amazing for its price point.

The X skus with a mobo that can bclk oc you can get better clocks while not having power draw go crazy. They pretty much invalidate manual overclocking. The 2600 also only comes with the wraith stealth, so you can't weasel free perf on the stock cooler like last gen.

I upgraded from a 4.3ghz e5-1650v2 to a 1700 for the additional cores for stuff like software encoding and streaming. Then sold the 1700 for cheap and got a 2700x. I haven't even bothered overclocking the 2700x, it runs faster than my 1700 was capable of overclocking to maxed out, and draws way less power. This summer has been really nice for me. Once I get my custom loop built I'll push the ram and clocks. Assuming I feel the need.

If they really go to a 6-core CCX, expect 6-core APUs with more CUs

dude even the current APUs are nice. I played Jurassic World Evolution with my 2200G and the lighting and reflections were unheard of from an iGPU. I was very impressed. Also Minecraft with max draw distance with no lag. Obviously not for serious gaming but you wouldn't even consider an iGPU if that mattered.

When Ryzen 3xxx comes out, I'm making my gf a little desktop for her school work with my current 2200g. Kinda excited to build a itty bitty PC for the first time, I hope the options are good by then.

I feel you bro, I'm stuck a SB i5

I still use i5-2500K and 770 GTX with 16GB ram, only time I feel the pinch is some games and using adobe after effects. Im on fence between going Zen2 or waiting till Zen3, the ram and graphics prices should be way lower when Zen3 roles around.

>he bought a 2200g

Attached: Eb5EnLcmSP4.png (300x250, 71K)

4x speed increase.

Everything is just better now, senpai.

Attached: 1521686264929.jpg (922x605, 117K)

Oh hyper threading/MOAR CORES

how I long for thee

Attached: cine.png (1912x1000, 1.1M)

>running i5 3570k
>have it running at 4ghz 1.06v instead of fully overclocking it practically running passive
>still get 60fps in pretty much everything

Why do you want to upgrade

I think my mobo is failing. If I restart computer it doesn't post and I need unplug the power cord for some time to it work again. Also I have tried couple PSU's so fault is not there. When checking mobo it mostly hangs on these error codes:

>36 - CPU post-memory initialization. System Management Mode (SMM) initialization
> 4F - DXE IPL is started

>yfw a Ryzen APU has double the performance of your CPU

Attached: 1451353233052.jpg (225x225, 10K)

if you have the money just fucking upgrade

>1950X with 64GB of RAM
>Will probably replace in a few years when the motherboard fails

Attached: IMG_20171009_034142.jpg (333x328, 27K)

I have, but I need to wait because it's not out yet.

Im ok with it. Im on a quad core the ryzen chip in the photo above is 6c/12t

Atleast im twice as fast as the 860k lol

a flying turd is twice as fast as the 860K

Yea theres always faster.

I picked up this rig for crazy cheap and am fairly happy with it, though I need me a mid range gpu

I'm on a Phenom II and have no plans to go onto a Zen2.

>She still uses a decade old processor.

>She

Attached: What+if+your+body+isnt+girly+in+the+slightest+_c41b8da85a2041848848908440b1a84f.jpg (1000x811, 119K)

It won't be a decade old until 2022.
It's not like there's anything I can't run.

Maybe try updating your bios if it's not the latest.

I upgraded from a i7-3770 to a ryzen 2600 around June. The increase in performance was pretty marginal desu, at least though I can mine a hell of a lot x3 the xmr.

Depends on your usage honestly

There is barely an improvement. Just wait for zen 2.

t. 3570k haver

youtu.be/YsMvjiZeTso?t=2m2s

Wanna do this too. So here come some stupuid questions. What are some good x470 boards? And what's the difference to something like B450?

I could also get a FX-8350 for like 50€ so that would be another possibility to bridge the time until Zen2 is out, but 2200G is is faster anyway.

Since 2012, I'm Xeon E3-1230
In 2014, I moved from HDD to SSD
2015 from 8 GB RAM to 16 GB RAM
2018 I got a 1050 ti to replace the old Quadro 600 becsuse it died

I think the upgrade path is over on this machine. The only thing I could probably do is get a slightly faster E3-1280 on ebay. Would I even notice the difference though?

I wonder how long I'll keep that machine

a 2700X will outperform your build

no shit sherlock

My mobile Ivy only throttles at 102 degrees, now that's a cpu.

*sips*

not big enough circles to justify the cost

I was on a phenom II and good god was that a massive upgrade. ivy to zen would be minimal in most areas, granted i5 to i7 but minimal, holding out for zen2 which will likely have some features chipset locked is a good idea.

nigga I'm on a Core 2 Duo E8500
just be patient
yeah the 9900k is great bait but you can wait a little longer

These test are shit because. I'm running many programs in the background while I'm gaming.

I went from a Phenom II 1090t to a Ryzen 2700x. Big difference in performance, speed and latency. I think I'll pull the trigger on Zen 2 when it arrives anyway. Zen and Zen+ are really impressive.

man why would anyone pick up a 9900k when zen 2 is literally around the corner? seems like a garbage decision. unless of course its the only step you can take down your current upgrade path.

I upgraded my old 3570K for a 1700 because games like Battlefield were literally unplayable, and most games it was impossible to reach 100+ FPS.

This test is bullshit, I have a 1700 and BF1 runs at 120fps, not 75. Was this guy using a 1060 or what? That test looks like GPU bottleneck. What a load of crap. Battlefield 1 was also unplayable on a 3570k in multiplayer due to the constant stutter that happened every 1-2 seconds. Of course this guy only tested it in the singleplayer.