Seriously, how can windows, macOS, and even other linux desktop environments even compete with KDE?

Seriously, how can windows, macOS, and even other linux desktop environments even compete with KDE?
It's simple, elegant, and gets out of your way

Attached: Screenshot_20180804_133945.png (1366x768, 1.18M)

that looks like shit

>t. macshit user

Truly the greatest DE to have ever existed.

Honestly that looks like the cheesy windows 7 themes inbreds install from deviantart.

Don't get why Linux DE's don't recognize their flexibility and actually implement a completely fresh and different experience instead of just being macOS/Windows-like as much as possible.

If I'm ever switching to linux that's what I'm going to use. Fuck everything gtk-based.

>Don't get why Linux DE's don't recognize their flexibility and actually implement a completely fresh and different experience instead of just being macOS/Windows-like as much as possible.
Why change what works?
Even then there's tiling WMs and fucking Gnome if you're into that.

What font is that? I'm still searching for one and that looks decent.

Because while you're busy staring at how awesome your DE looks, windows just works and gets shit done. Also the file manager in Windows is leaps and bounds better than Linux.

>Also the file manager in Windows is leaps and bounds better than Linux
t. never used Dolphin

>windows just works
lol I don't miss Windows whenever you had a problem with it you could spend hours trying to figure out the problem and all results when searching for it online where either unsolved or not helpful at all (i.e. just some pajeet copy pasting standard answer "please sir run antivirus and remove temporary files"). With GNU/Linux if something goes wrong, which happens a lot less frequently than it did on Windows, I always find the solution within a few minutes.

Attached: 1505585496065.jpg (450x422, 46K)

>Why change what works?
But that's the thing, it doesn't really work. Sure if all you're ever going to do is browse the web using a browser (in which case a garbage phone from 2008 will suit you just fine), but why not design for the future? Why not try out new methods that might improve productivity tenfold? We literally don't know because Apple and Microsoft are two huge companies who move really slow, and the alternatives are desperately trying to copy them rather than paving a separate lane.

>With GNU/Linux if something goes wrong, which happens a lot less frequently than it did on Windows, I always find the solution within a few minutes.
This is a nonsensical statement, but yet you posted it anyways - why? Why are you so desperate to rationalize which OS you use to a complete stranger online, even saving images to 'prove' how apparently bad the other OS is?

So strange...

it unironically looks worse than W10 shit

If it didn't work people wouldn't have been using mostly the same desktop paradigm for over 20 years. You sound like you want change for the sake of change, which gives us crap like Gnome.

t. Tyrell Wellick

> Windows just works
Nice joke, user

>t. Tyrone Westcoast

Having an issue trying to do something with Windows?

Sorry, you missed an obscure step that makes no sense. Every time.

>t. Idiot who doesn't know how to keep a clean install

Been using Windows as my primary OS for years since XP days and never had a BSOD that wasn't related to a hardware failure. Linux has it's uses. But to try and compare it to windows in actual usability and dependability is foolish. Linux is at less than 2% market share for a reason.
Linux fags get so uppity when someone says their autism simulation OS is inefficient

For reference I've used Linux and windows (both common and Server variants) extensively. Both have the ups and downs but it always seems like Linux always has more cons

>With GNU/Linux if something goes wrong, I always find the solution within a few minutes.
Hahahahha... you delusional lying faggot.
>professional IT, 20+ years

>file manager is good
i can't think of any stock program that comes with windows that's actually good.
Explorer keeps crashing, loads thumbnails slowly in large folders, the search function takes 20min to find anything, etc.
Any shitty file manager, even the gnome one (the one with no thumbnails in the file picker), at least work better than that shit.

Oh, i almost forgot, on gnu/linux file managers don't have ads

By being stable

You shouldn't have to go out of the way to install LTSB to have a good OS.

>the file manager in Windows is leaps and bounds better than Linux.

better than Dolphin..........

great way to show you are a retard

>simulation OS is inefficient
inefficient? are you drunk?

>Also the file manager in Windows is leaps and bounds better than Linux.
the windows filemanager has like 1/4 functionality of even spacefm developed by a couple of devs in spare time

what the hell are you even talking about

>>professional IT, 20+ years
Being some lowly system administrator for a school does not count as a IT professional.

>lets stuff as much shit as possible into every part of the GUI
>elegant

Explorer is dogshit compared to Nemo, Dolphin, Konqueror, Krusader,...
Hell, even Nautilus is better than Windows Explorer

>Ads in the file manager
Apparently you've used home basic windows 10 only. As for all the other shit you listed, try not having a shit PC. The only computer that has that problem is something running it's OS off a 5400rpm drive. And the fact that you have to have a 3rd party file manager to get even a semblance of usability only proves my point about Linux being worse
>simulation OS is inefficient
>inefficient? are you drunk?

Quite sober. And I'm speaking in regards to getting shit done. You know. Actual work. Hell even gaming. Linux has no native options for 99% of use cases and everything online is literally about getting wine setup properly to use windows centric program suites. So the only way to make Linux usable for anything beyond Chinese cartoons and shitposting....is to make it windows.
Ffs most Linux file browsers still haven't mastered thumbnails in a file picker window.

>Ffs most Linux file browsers still haven't mastered thumbnails in a file picker window
The file picker has nothing to do with the file manager.

Been using Windows 10 Pro OEM (bought a disc from microcenter) since launch. You don't NEED anything out of the ordinary.

It's not so much me being uppity, but more calling out bullshit. No OS 'just werks' all the time. A modern OS is an immensely complex thing, they all fuck up sometimes. Pretending any of them 'just werk' is retarded. Linux may be my OS of choice, but I don't pretend it's perfect. When Windows was my OS of choice, I didn't pretend it was perfect, and when OS X was my OS of choice I didn't pretend it was perfect, none of them 'just werk' all the time.

>have to have a 3rd party file manager
Dolphin is part if the KDE plasma suite, have you ever used Linux with KDE before or are you just a larping faggot?

My only problem is that there's a lot of silly defaults (their "smart" new window placement is terrible, for example) and that it took a bit of messing around with to actually get 144hz to work, but once you get comfortable with it it's pretty nice. The amount of easy customizations is great. I run only i3 on most of my setups, but KDE is comfy.

Attached: Screenshot_20180804_130400.png (2560x1440, 3.98M)

>Plasma
>The DE with constant crashing problems

Unless they've seriously revamped it since I used it. I wouldn't touch plasma with a 10 ft pole. I've used gnome, MATE unity, XDE extensively

when did you last use it?

I haven't had a single crash in the past year and I'm on the bleeding edge of Plasma. Also, nice goalpost shifting.

>no one noticed it yet

> KDE better then gnome
good one OP.
Gnome with dash2panel is the way it's meant to be used.

>And I'm speaking in regards to getting shit done. You know. Actual work.
Yes, exactly. "Getting shit done" on windows server is a fucking nightmare. And god forbid if something doesnt work, then it becomes alchemy. On linux, everything is just so straightforward.

>phoneposting
Opinion discarded

>the way it's meant to be used
So, you have to install some js addon to use it "the way it's meant to be used"?

GNOME is way better

Too long. A couple months after it was first pushed out. Tried it on 2 separate computers and it left a sour taste in my mouth
Such as? Windows server is straight forward as far as I'm concerned. Ever try to set up an active directory with 200+ clients? It's a fucking nightmare to try anything like that with free options on Linux.

Yes, you have to remove the autism part of the gnome environmental. All good softwares is written by autistic devs

>Ah, I see you're using KDE -- I'm a Gnome man myself.

> t. Foot fucker

Way better at wasting memory, yeah.

>gnome is good
Literally worse than Xfce, the least developed popular DE

by not looking like outdated 1995 shit

>A couple months after it was first pushed out
I assume you mean Plasma 4 with that? Plasma 5 is basically Plasma 4 done sane.

So, is autism good or bad?

GNOME is the best DE, the standard Linux DE

Windows and osx don't require usage of the terminal. That's really all it takes.

some distros like opensuse have a gui to config pretty much everything, is perfect for windows babbies like me
no terminal wizardry required

Shit bait

I tried Linux mint, libreoffice, gimp, etc. and that's the reason I don't use them.
Windows is better.

i actually didn't use the home version whatsoever, i was just saying that putting fucking advertisements in a file manager (aka program you will be using a lot), is atrocious, even for a poorfag version of windows (also windows 7 home basic didn't have them, so it's clearly a downgrade).
also, almost everything is "3rd party" gnu/linux:
you see, linux is only a kernel, it doesn't have a file manager, nor a graphical interface.
so, pretty much everything you install on a linux machine is "3rd party", the DE included

It is the truth, KDE is for unproductive NEETs mame rom players who only live to rice their desktops.

>only DE that's passable both in looks and functionality by default
>only for ricers
Does not compute.

>Having tons of trash options getting in your way makes you productive
eww lad

Tell me how to debloat windows more than the usual powershell scripts, I want as less ram as possible

>open the settings menu
>oh god, why are there settings

petty as fuck, but I can't get over the hideous 1999 ricer cursor. foh with that shit.

Ricers mostly flock to WMs exclusively, though. Ricing in most DEs and especially KDE takes minimal effort.

You're not wrong. First thing I do on every KDE install is grab OpenZone.

>open the settings menĂº
>tons of confusing options that colide with each other and can mess up your productivity unleast you search in the internet wtf all those buttons do.
KrapDE, not even once.

Wall

>Ricing in most DEs and especially KDE takes minimal effort.
And that is why unproductive NEETs love it.

>confusing options
Maybe if you're a brainlet. Sounds like a personal problem, bro.

Just stop being a brainlet.

more like KrapDE is the problem.

False. The unproductive NEETs are unproductive precisely because they're wasting away hours ricing their WMs, not KDE. Unless you consider hours of ricing "productive."

Not false, unproductive NEETs are easily impresionable and stick with useless stuff like "muh blur in the console" and believe usesless krap like that makes it the "best" DE

Cinnamon is better. I've always used Xfce but since I've tried Cinnamon on Mint I never looked back. It's now my DE of choice.

>Brags about using CucKDE.
Cinnamon and Mate are way better.

Attached: kde_annoys_linus.png (705x677, 283K)

Attached: linkde.png (629x237, 12K)

>2018
>DE
are you some kind of boomer, user? why are you using something so slow and inneficient? moving you mouse for everything? why don't you use a tiling wm like everyone else? i recommend i3. You do want to be able to interface with your computer as fast as possible right?

Attached: CoolAde.png (500x575, 216K)

firefox is the only thing i can think of, only because mozilla never gave a fuck about linux so it doesn't detect the right picker at run time like chromium does, KDE also attempts to style GTK widgets correctly as opposed to gnome's "adwaita or eat shit" philosophy

>it's real

Attached: 1514666217016.jpg (256x256, 20K)

>CuckDE
You're thinking of GNOME and it's skins (MATE, Cinnamon, Pantheon)

Attached: Butthurt_cream.jpg (666x500, 71K)

Attached: t81yaujuv6y01.gif (112x106, 166K)

>literally a hybrid clone of XP/10

>2005
KyS

He still shits on Gnome, though. He uses it currently, but only after "heavy modification"

>He uses it currently
what does that tell you about KrapDE? even the shitties GNOME beat KrapDE

XFCE>KDE

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1493904343223.jpg (1024x609, 95K)

How do I turn off the shitty dropshadow?

>that gut on Richard

anyone know when the baby is due?

KDE is cool. I hope they improve their support for CSDs which more developers seem to be using.

>CSD
absolute fucking cancer
end it

It is the best alternative, grandpa

it really isn't

As real as my erection for Abigail.