Massive if true
AMD is fucked

Attached: lol.png (792x1012, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_series
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You will never buy an 11k at MSRP, this is a fact

probably a rebrand of the 1080 ti desu

No one denied NVIDIA is better. The problem is no one wants to pay the NVIDIA price. But AMD GPU's will always be fucked because they can't get control of their drivers.

Lmao nvidia rebrands the 1 millions 1080Ti and sell them as 1070 for a 20$ premium

>Oyy goy you won't let this card past like u did last one???

>new hardware beats old hardware
who woulda thunk

Attached: Hmm.jpg (200x211, 10K)

I think you are thinking of AMD, since thats all they do

Hope this leak is true. I don't care about being beat by the 1170, so long as I'm at next-gen performance. I'm happy to play next-gen titles at 720p so long as they are still playable.

y u mad tho

Why wouldn't it be true? 1070 is faster than titan

>Piece of hardware 0.00001% of consumers buy.
>LOL ITS OVER NOW GUYZ

are you mad that it took 2 years for amd to make a gpu that cant even compete with a 2 year old card?

Doesn't matter. Nvidia has a horrible track record when it comes to proper GNU/Linux support and standards-compliance. Nvidia only supports a proprietary driver for its cards, which many have found issues with both in the freedom aspect as well as some reports of instability.
Meanwhile, Intel integrated graphics and AMD GPUs have an open driver.

Nvidia also refuses to provide support for Wayland. Only offering a proprietary EGLStreams rather than using GBM like the rest of the world, from Intel, to AMD, to even Broadcom shit.

Attached: torvalds_bird.jpg (648x429, 43K)

>AMD is fucked

Then there's the problem of the high cost of HBM2, which prevents them from cutting GPU prices just keep the price/performance competitive.

AMD really needs a new part that uses GDDR5 (and soon GDDR6).

Attached: 1514136676884 AMD Ryzen Christmas.jpg (1536x2048, 402K)

no why

Yeah this. I doubt many people will buy the new cards because there's no point in getting anything more powerful than a 1070 unless you're doing 4k gaming or rendering

>XX70
>0.000001% of consumers buy
only in markets that dont matter like the UK

Attached: 1499091928284.jpg (246x205, 8K)

nice, better news for me, I'm waiting for the 1180Ti so I can finally stop this SLI bullshit for decent 4K gaming.

>nvidia shills didnt say dat about the 7xxx and r9 2xx series

>yfw GTX 2070 is only 10% faster than GTX 1070 in real life

Attached: hide-the-pain-harold-manchester-city-1.jpg (766x447, 60K)

>new gen card with next to highest specs beats performance of old gen card with highest specs
Wow

>16 GB of GDDR6
>2.5 GHz
HOW ARE THEY COOLING IT?
WILL THIS BE THE NEW THERMI?

Attached: 1488321566939.jpg (247x248, 8K)

Gaming is considered haram, you know.

Rx 470 8gb (Sapphire btw) plays literally everything I've thrown at it Max settings at 1080p, so why should I give a shit? Also should point out my 1080p freesynch monitor, it's 27 inches and was only a bit over 150. How much does g-synch run you Nvidia fags these days?

Yeah just thought you guys may want to know as fellow enthusiast's.

Nvidia are assholes

Attached: fuckyouNVIDIA.png (1920x1080, 286K)

Reminds me of that user shill that spammed the gaming PC shit about Intel's new CPU and Nvidia's new GPU on /v/ the last few days.

That build sounds like a thermonuclear bomb now.

Attached: amazed reaction face.png (247x248, 72K)

They offer better Linux support than AMD from what I’ve read on reddit
>Inb4 browsing reddit
The AMD reddit is actually just as smart and stupid as Jow Forums. Just got to know where the dumb assess are posting on the AMD reddit

BUT MUH OPEN DRIVER!

For how long will you be satisfied with 1080p?

Maybe I can actually play my Vive Pro at max settings with one of these.

MFW I have a 1080Ti.

I hope it's a failure so I can feel good about my purchase for another generation.

I bought it to do GPU compute stuff with but I mainly do Javascript these days..

Attached: 2dd.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Yeah, just like the 1070 was faster than a 980 Ti... until you overclocked the 980 Ti to 1500MHz+ and it matched a stock 1080.

>They offer better Linux support than AMD from what I’ve read on reddit
You've read wrong. AMDGPU works very well, in contrast to Nvidia's proprietary driver which doesn't properly support all X11 extensions making it a huge pain in the ass.
If you have a laptop with Optimus then you might as well disable the dGPU in BIOS because it's a bitch to get working. On the other hand, AMDGPU works natively with PRIME so switching between GPUs is easy and with a per-process granularity.
Now that even the performance of AMDGPU got competitive with Nvidia, there's very little reason to use Nvidia on Linux. Maybe if you need the absolute highest-end graphics, but then again there are almost no AAA games on Linux that would necessitate it.

>this entire post

Attached: 1458671550636.jpg (766x960, 128K)

Reddit is simply Jow Forums with better moderation and mandatory namefagging. Deal with it, fags.

>leddit
>fanboys like (You) giving totally wrong information
All in order.
Go back.

>newer rebrand is better than old one
who knew

AMD lost awhile ago on the GPU front. Vega was decent but nearly impossible to buy thanks to minerfags. They're just refreshing poolaris this round.

you have to be 18+ to shitpost here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_series

Price niglet.. This is what everyone is concerned about.. Not performance.

fake as FUCK

as if one generation of GPU will fucking DOUBLE the performance

they would do anything they could to milk that shit for years

its going to be 10-15% better for 30% more price - thats the golden rule

Attached: 1475884043931.gif (356x200, 1.76M)

7nm polaris with GDDR6 and probably more compute cores would unironically be a very compelling low end choice until they finally manage to shit out an MCM monstrocity

>Vega was decent
Vega was a dumpster fire.

Considering Vega56 beat out the 1070 and could be overclocked to beat the 1080, not really.

>freesynch
>g-synch

Daily reminder that vega was more efficient at mining than your $3000 gpu.
All that shilling about "vega 6gorillion shoah watts" and (only)the hardware still btfo's nvidia despite being optimised like pure garbage.

Vega really isn't a good price/performance offering.
I still got one because fuck Nvidia.

And there are a few design blunders along the way.
First off HBM really is more expensive and slower than a fuckload of GDDR5 chips it ends up inflating price and limiting performance when compared to 1080 and 1080ti. Also limits the supply and adoption volumes.

Second they fucked up the primitive shader feature which I suppose is broken at the silicon level or else the solution would eventually come.

Anything more is frankly pointless.
And you have nothing to add I see.

Only children care about mining.

amd is so fucking shit it's actually stagnating progress

remember how Nvidia basically rebranded the gtx 660 to a 680 because how behind amd was

except this time is like 4 generations worse

amd is so behind Nvidia doesn't even bother making progress now

>Anything more is frankly pointless.
You are very wrong.
I fucking LOVE my gorgeous 32" 4k panel with good colors and contrast, the pictue is stunning. Came for 500$ without any synch technology.

I was expecting some info about backdoors in AMD CPUs or something (aside from the known-of PSP)

Why do we have to have these stupid threads on Jow Forums? You may argue that this stuff isn't just for video games, but I imagine in reality most of you just use it for video games. I'd like it if these threads were taken to /v/.

>amd is so behind Nvidia doesn't even bother making progress now

Yeah see how well that served intel, lol.

Maybe like that Nvidia will also lose all it's edge and fail.

>t.pubgnite gaemer
Kys instead of trying to move the goalposts.

Calm your tits. Even the article says its probably bullshit.

>16GB on an 1170
>Already confirmed it's gonna be called 2070
This is retarded and anyone who believes this crap should feel bad

Ryzen still shits itself after 4ghz

Meanwhile Intel can literally shit out 5ghz 8 cores effortlessly. It's only when it goes beyond 8 cores Intel starts losing edge to amd, even then Intel is still objectively ahead.

No consumer is fucking buying these $2000 procs and Intel is heavily bribing and strongarming the hpc sector so amd won't go anywhere.

That "1170 leak" is a complete fake. It is a shitty photoshop job that forgot to remove the stamps for the drivers.

>Vega was a dumpster fire.

Agreed, but not for any performance or end-user experience reason. It was a dumpster fire due to be expensive and difficult to manufacture.

AMD's graphics division had their bacon saved by the cryptocurrency bubble. They would have been crushed by their cost of goods otherwise.

is the ATI team still in Canada?

>AMD GPUs before R9 300 series
>behind nvidia
>ever

NVIDIA only “””beat””” AMD then because they learned from Apple that marketing > actually good products

This

>GNU/Linux
Stopped reading. Stop being poor.

AMD
Rx290 vs -->POOlaris

China(hardware),India(software) and USA(marketing).

>Implying that Windows isn't basically free
>Implying that being in control of your computer is a bad thing
Low quality bait, summerfag

canadians btfo

pngquant --nofs

Attached: 1533407432086-or8.png (792x1012, 67K)

>t. too young to remember GF4 Ti vs GF5

Attached: 1500643798145.jpg (699x637, 42K)

>muh laptops
is this Jow Forums?
100% agreed optimus nvidia linux is shit, but if you bought a gaming laptop you deserve everything that happens to you.

The Titan V is hardly faster than the 1080ti and it's fucking massive

titan v has meme cores for AI which add to the die size

I was gonna say those aren’t even that old but t. Boomer

Wasn't the 980Ti nearly on par with the 1070? Isn't that more or less what's expected? AMD isn't even releasing a gaming GPU this year.

Attached: lineup-full.png (1283x778, 124K)

The 980ti was almost as fast as a GTX 1080 depending how close to 1500mhz you got

Nvidia made the stock clocks low so they could claim the 1080 was 30% faster and 60% faster than the GTX 980

sorry, what
8800 rebranded into 9000 series and some 200 series, even 300 series for mobile
400/500 are basically the same cards
770 is a 680
900 onwards is unique due to new arch/process each time

The 290/390 is a hueg chip though, and consume more power to match. A shame they never made a big poolaris 490/590.

>16 gigs of vram

What uses that much? Three screens at 4k? VR? Modded Skyrim with 8k textures?

AMD are all in on ryzen now. They don't expect to beat both Nvidia and Intel, companies significantly larger than them, in everything.

Fucking data science and probably video processing too

>le reddit is actually good

Attached: numale_brainlet.jpg (700x734, 107K)

>They offer better Linux support than AMD
either that person is a liar or you are.

Attached: 96F7568E-14DD-47E4-ACB3-298E14CF4DC1.jpg (660x680, 66K)

All I want is rx480 performance, in a card that doesn't get sold out day one thanks to miners and doesn't cost kidney to buy.
Give me that card nvidia pls

I remember that, most people called bullshit on it though. Don't remember where I saw the leaked specs, but the math on them didn't add up.

Also this. There's still no known driver support, but 3DMark already recognizes it as an 1170 and not as Generic GPU?

Attached: 3dmark-2018-alleged_1170_benchmarks.jpg (772x1030, 128K)

fucking based nvidia!
I can't wait to have 1180/2080

dis
rx 580 is literally same as rx 480, but Ayymd shills say IT IS TOTALLY OK WHEN AMD DOES IT. *AUTISTIC SCREECHING*

>GNU/Linux support
who cares

NOOOO DELET IT

Attached: 1508090820820.png (920x900, 377K)

Umm no sweetie...
1080 is over two years old, so 1180/2080 should double the performance.

>amd is fucked
>in a market they don't compete in

You do realize that AMD has left the highend GPU market a while ago, right?

Non sense...the memory bus is larger than 1080 and hit 1500 Mhz with the 980ti...no way. Pascal is just better

And also the number of Cuda core is lower in the 1080 so no.

Has anyone worked cost into this comparison? The chart makes buying mid-high to high end cards look like a very good value proposition.

This. Miners will buy up all the cards AMD can make anyway, so maybe it will fuck over gamers, but not AMD.

Since the current generation is 16-nm-FinFET, what can we expect for the 11/20 series? And when can we expect 7nm?

I'll keep my 1070ti. No need for that 4k meme shit.

GPU Mining is no longer profitable, thanks to ASIC MINING.

>outlandish claims
>product releases
>nominal upgrade over the previous generation

EVERY TIME