I just bought this LG IPS panel refurbished tv for ~400 with warranty

I just bought this LG IPS panel refurbished tv for ~400 with warranty.

Did I make a good choice?

walmart.com/ip/Refurbished-LG-55-Class-4K-2160P-Smart-LED-TV-55UJ6300/56126043

Attached: a120ce5c-87ec-4e29-a247-0332dcbcdd93_3.67ae898cce804a3cf7531f7064391a64.jpg (450x450, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-49-Class-4K-2160P-LED-TV-U500CV-U/39664946
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>~400 for a TV
yea you fucked up

But it'd s 55" 4k IPS panel smart tv, doesn't that count for something?

>2018
>buying a tv

Attached: kot.jpg (143x144, 2K)

why

>smart tv
yes that means its worth drops by 100%

>IPS
>not VA
You fucked up

Really? I always buy IPS panels for computer monitors but I read that VA panels are superior for TV's.

Is that true?

walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-49-Class-4K-2160P-LED-TV-U500CV-U/39664946

I was looking at this one too, it's a VA panel and half the price, and only 6" smaller.

I'm gonna be streaming stuff from my computer a lot, so should I just skip the Smart TV stuff and go for this VA panel?

unfortunately pretty soon all tvs are going to have some sort of online capability

but fortunately you're not forced to connect it to wifi/lan for the tv to work

PC industry got memed into IPS panels by Apple because it looked better than the majority of what was available for PCs and then everyone had to have IPS. TV industry never fell for this except for LG who still holds out on IPS while everyone else uses VA for 90% if models.
No one panel is better for PC use than the other. If you mainly consume media VA is the best IMO.

Specifically why is VA better? Better contrast or something?

>paying more than $20 for a TV
Fucking why???

Attached: jp.jpg (390x583, 20K)

Check Rtings if you want a TV for PC use as they give info on HDMI 2.0, 4:4:4 color and input lag numbers
Also it’s almost not possible to find a non-smart TV. TVs are so cheap now you really can’t say your paying extra for smart features anymore

VA has much better contrast than IPS. The extra contrast is really what makes an image “pop” so to speak like an oled almost.
The contrast comes at a price of viewing angles and some say the response time isn’t the best.

>LED
first mistake
>Smart
second mistake
>4K
third mistake

>new technology is bad

because thou shalt not steal jamal

>LED first mistake
Alternatives?
>Smart second mistake
Alternatives?
>4k third mistake
Alternatives?

I want a tv with a ARM processor, 6 gigs of ram, and runs stock android. Does that exist? Or do I just use a Pi.

just use a pi

my tv has a decent dlna client but it's still no match for a basic htpc

There is the Nvidia shield which unlike a pi actually has hardware grunt and can do 4K

Overpaid for refurbished. You can buy these secondhand for $200-250

Don't buy a tv

Where? The best price on ebay is like $430

There is nothing wrong with a TV for video consumption or general use really. There is nothing inherent in a TV that makes it inferior than a monitor for that purpose.

VA has better contrast and deeper blacks, which is especially relevant when you mainly consume media.

Lol I have the same TV. In my opinion it is really nice.

>>LED first mistake
>Alternatives?
CCFL - less bleed

>Smart second mistake
>Alternatives?
Dumb TV

>4k third mistake
>Alternatives?
4K is not mature standard yet.
Literally no movie is mastered in 4K you are watching upscaled 2K picture.
Quality 1080p panel is what you need.

I got a brand new one for 300$. Same exact one, exact size. You fucked up.

Other than that it's a good tv, it's big, color is nice. Only thing is that it's a "smart tv" and it's fucking weird. Like imagine telling your friends, "sorry I can't watch that show right now, my tv is UPDATING" what

Because of a Walmart price mistake on a bundle I got a good antenna and a 50 inch 1080p tv for free.

It is a tv. They aren't worth thousands of dollars.

Attached: 052AEF9D-3DA2-457A-AB25-4BF6A5143DD3.jpg (4032x3024, 1.89M)

go OLED or go home

> >>LED first mistake
> >Alternatives?
> CCFL - less bleed
Where did this meme come from?
Let me guess you had a bad experience with a shitty edge lit IPS display so they must all have bleed

Wait, are you memeing or is CCFL really recommended? I passed up a Sony Bravia for dirt cheap today because I thought it was severely outdated.

has to be memeing no one in there right fucking mind would recommend CCFLs in 2018

You know some people have like there friends and bfs over to watch movies...

55" Roku TCL and even other LG's go for $350

they sell it new for like $450 so yeah

There's a samsung, LG, vizio for around the same price, all entry 55" 4k models. Pretty nice picture. If you're fine with IPS the LG is a good choice. The samsung will definitely be the most reliable. The vizio has the best picture quality but doesn't come with a remote or channel tuner. All severly limited I/O. I got the sharp (rebranded hisense) for $299 on black friday, figured I'd get a few years out of it. Not expecting it to last more than 2 or 3. Can't beat it for the price.

everyone here likes to pretend nobody has friends or family because it makes them feel better

Nah bro, it's like $800 new. On sale for $550 but still, that's almost $200 off for a refurbished one ($355)

TVs are superior to computers to watch movies/shows.

I'm gonna be using it with my computer to stream crunchyroll and showbox and shit.

Way better deal than getting a comparable size PC Monitor.

enjoy blown out light spots on your panel.
Its because of the nature of LED there will always be issues.

>800 MSRP
>400 refurbished
depends if it's functionally intact, it's a pretty good deal if it is

You fucked up. These TVs were going for $280 a few months ago at my local Best Goy. There were mountains of them, nobody wanted them.