What's a good linux alternative for snipping tool? (Cropping+screenshot)

What's a good linux alternative for snipping tool? (Cropping+screenshot)

>inb4 I'd like to interject for a moment, what you're referring to...
Okay, I'm using Void linux specifically.

Attached: production_snippingtool_dhdy6s.png (256x256, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/lupoDharkael/flameshot/issues/257
docs.xfce.org/apps/screenshooter/usage
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shutter was good, but heard its falling out of maintenace. I just use the stock xfce tool now and that works good

scrot -s

Spectacle

the default one that comes with your DE
>inb4 wm kiddie

Spectacle.

I use maim, that is suppose to be a better scrot, and I'm satisfied. It's nothing amazing but it does its job if you don't have many requirements.
I'd like to have something like Snagit, but I doubt there is something that good.

The one from imagemagick, I think it's called import. It functions basically identical to snipping tool minus the drawing on it afterwards (click and drag to screenshot a region). If you bind printscreen key to 'import /tmp/screenshot.png' you get a nice snipping tool screenshot.

I use maim.

Flameshot

Oh this works fine, thanks
My xfce didn't come with one

xfce4-screenshooter

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1501405159609.jpg (1600x1096, 1.15M)

No idea what makes you think that Void isn't an GNU/Linux system, but install scrot.

import and slop.
Small programs that do one thing and do it well that are then composed to make a powerful program. The Unix way.

see pic
Actually I don't like the glitched drawn lines over my screenshots

I know but I said "Linux" without specifying the distro, so I was trying to get people like
out of this thread

Attached: 2018-08-04-201407_704x429_scrot.png (704x429, 208K)

You should read:

install it then retard

>runs program that isn't installed
>problem.jpg

I use import myself, but I'm not familiar with slop. What does it add?

Based
Figures. Thanks.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-04_20-30-01.png (690x420, 218K)

not my problem

GIMP
File > Create > From Screenshot

this. i love how i can blur anything i want before taking the shot. its great

I'm impressed.

Attached: flameshot.gif (872x426, 324K)

hi, julian klode. update dns66 pls

what do you use to make gifs?

Holy shit, this is sweet.

they will tell you ffmpg and leave it at that

>impressed by basic features every screenshotting tool has on other platforms
are freetards seriously this desperate or what

>he's mad that the freetard screenshot application has more features than the windows or mac one.

I didn't make it. It is the gif on its official website, I posted it to let people know how good this tool is.
I'm trying it now, flameshot screen doesn't works (i3wm), but I'm sold. Apparently you can't use : in the filename.

It has a very simple graphical interface and it does most of the stuff I need. I used maim until now and it was way more minimal. Now I don't need gimp for basic shit like hiding stuff or put an emphasis on something.
No overly complex, but not too simple. It's not perfect, but it's hands down the best I tried on linux.

Attached: screen_2018-08-05-04-35-02.png (1062x683, 125K)

everytime i use flameshot it stay on task manager so a windows manager lacks that....

>github.com/lupoDharkael/flameshot/issues/257
That's lame

docs.xfce.org/apps/screenshooter/usage

Shutter is god tier despite being unusable on wayland

Deepin Screenshot

>Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
gtk pls

Attached: 1530216702201.jpg (500x500, 127K)

Spectacle