How much are you supposed to tip the geek squad technician...

how much are you supposed to tip the geek squad technician? I am about to go pick up my laptop after getting an OS installation and a PC tune-up.

Attached: 1504461093262.png (511x428, 252K)

You are supposed to put the tip of a shotgun in your mouth and pull the trigger.

is this b8

omg nooo

Depends how much of a cuck you are, if you suck the guys cock after he has fucked your gf/wife, then by all means give him your wallet
If you enjoy watching yourself getting turned into a sissy while a black guy gets a blowjob from your gf/wife then give tree fiddy

Well I think its supposed to be 20% if you got good service.

Attached: bestbuy.jpg (864x1536, 157K)

honestly geek squad has never let me down. "work on your own computer" is such a fucking meme. I mean, you wouldn't work on your car would you? no, you wouldn't. some things should be left to the professionals.

Everybody wants to work on their own computer at first, but it's easy to make an expensive mistake.

That's when you'll be glad you decided to go with a professional in the first place.

>$150 to remove viruses

what the fuck? i bet all they do is scan with malwarebytes

Not geek aquad, but work at an IT repair place. Of those that tip, most give $40-50 on a $200 bill. Sometimes only a 20, sometimes they'll double the bill. Depends on attitude, customer, depth of fix, and time. Biggest tip I got is $450 and a new repeat customer, performed a series of software upgrades for a medium sized business. Took 2 weeks, billed $3540, owner said to round up to the next thousand, I'd saved him from calling in the software manufacturers from Oklahoma and having them do it. Didn't get the exact figure from him, but a lady in billing said they'd quoted around $12k.

depends if its linux or not.
Linux? 10%
Windows? -5%

>you wouldn't work on your own car, would you?
yes I would
why wouldn't you?
if you haven't realized that all mechanics are scammers yet then you're even worse than most od my normalfag acquaintances who work on their own cars
imagine paying $140 to have some pizza faced teenager reinstall wangblows and call them a "professional" for it
why are you even on the technology board if you unironically pay to have your PC fixed?
you probably paid geeksquad $40 and asked them to install visual studio for you

i thought this kind of work didnt pay. only small and medium sized business are customers in the day of the smartphone

You're supposed to do that yourself.

>Tipping
Fucking Yanks

Sure thing brainlet enjoy wasting money

>"work on your own computer" is such a fucking meme. I mean, you wouldn't work on your car would you? no, you wouldn't.
I know this is probably bait but lmao, or course I would

>responding to obvious bait

are you alright, user?

>yep... brought the ol puter to my pal philip from geeksquad and he said he'd have it fixed right up for me... only costed me $180... heh, what a steal

Attached: .png (380x349, 70K)

wow... what a deal.

ive been having some computer troubles recently. says there's not enough storage available, whatever that means.

think you could put in a good word with philip for me?

Attached: Capture.png (380x482, 195K)

sure thing bud... you know what they say.... leave this stuff to the pros... heh

Attached: .jpg (376x349, 22K)

just cum in his mouth

If you had any naked pics of your a gf on the laptop you've already tipped him. If you had any pictures of young-ish looking women, you've tipped off the FBI.

I hate you all for this thread.

The fuck did you get an OS installation for, it's literally put the drive in and click install then walk away? You paid someone $100+ to click install.

How the fuck did you even find this website?

There are some residential customers as well, most repeat residentials are in the nicer sections of town. There has been a noticeable decrease of walk-in customers since around 2006, though I changed employers around that time so due to not being able to see how the customer base of the first employer changed with the years after mid 2006, I can't accurately say how much.
Also the amount of automation of tasks written into the newer versions of software do a lot of my job for me, which helps contribute to the decline of average-joe customers. I dont think small and medium businesses are very far behind. Just this past week a local business I do work for let go one of their long time billing staff. They'd gone live with basically a vps that they remote into that has a gui version of the cli system they've been using and completely eliminated her position.
You're right though, small and med businesses are where the meat is.
Pic semi related, retired that very same cli system wednesday.

Attached: 2018-08-04 20.44.26.jpg (1060x1883, 1.35M)

this is really weird I know like 3 boomers that type like this

do you work for a local company?

Whatever is cool. Most people don't tip at all so like anything is appreciated. We usually split it on drinks for the department

Local to where? Small company, yes.

I used to work at a computer shop and we charged people $80+ to do just that. Fuck consumers.

I seriously can't believe that Geek Squad would come here to shill.

>work on it yourself. in the event you are incapable of any task beyond your menial job you make an expensive mistake ONCE and learn not to do it again
vs
>routinely pay a "professional" to do it ad infinitum

Yeah, pay the professionals!

Attached: tenor.gif (320x240, 1.38M)

>ITT: brainlet cucks thinking they're hot shit for installing RAM and making a bootable USB

Attached: 800px_COLOURBOX2735624.jpg (533x800, 47K)

>he didn't pay geek squad to install macOS on his new macbook

Look... they're expensive machines and nobody really knows how these computers work... so why wouldn't you pay the professionals? gotta trust 'em.. it's their job after all... heh

>paying $100 for something you can easily do yourself for free
>posting shitty bait

computers are low risk, even if you fucked up no one will get killed. that shit list even a 14 years old can do it.

geeksquad pls go

Imagine being too dumb to play Lego.

>you wouldn't work on your car would you?
Woah, this is some tasty bait.

ITT: angry cucks
I bet you're so poor you have to service your own car as well.
Us professionals have it all covered by our employers and get issued replacements immediately, no time to be voiding warranties to look like a hackerman when there's work to be done.

>cucks
Said the guy who pays other people to do basic stuff for him. Why won't you pay a professional to fuck your wife?

A thread died for this.

Fuck off, shill.

I get to fuck my wife while a cuck like you services my laptop for me and I have a temporary replacement from my employer.
I dont know why you're so bitter.

Wtf install the os yourself, why have geeksquad do it for $100?

Geeksquad couldn't fucking diagnose a bad ram stick even with reported crashing and charged me out the ass for running diagnostics, local repair shops generally actually know their shit

>"cucks"
now misuse "boomer" and receive your 4chin participation trophy

fuck off to 9gag

Hiring a professional bull would leave you more time for your job and make your wife more satisfied. Being a cuck is a logical continuation of your mindset.

where do you live? lmao fuck that

t.boomer cuck

I bet you think paying 100$ for an oil change is a fair deal.

if I bring in my own oil and filter it's like $20. I used to change my oil on my old car but my current car has an oil filter that is a bitch to take out so I let them do it n

I'm geek squad, you'd be surprised how retarded and lazy people are. Every day, I offer to show and teach people how to install Windows 10 on their own and they'd still rather just pay me to do it. They don't want to learn, that's why my job exists.

Attached: 0023292_oil-filter-removal-grips.jpg (339x339, 8K)

this must be bait
nothing consumer hardware related that geeksquad handles is hard or risky
if you can't do this shit unironically buy a mac and let them take care of your fresh nappies for free

I have one but it doesn't fit. I need to buy this.

Attached: 07HAAPJ70101.jpg (1226x1080, 226K)

Attached: 9013245_ptl_w54045_pri_larg.jpg (450x450, 13K)

Attached: cache.jpg (640x480, 60K)