This fucking thing. Can't seem to get it to work. 1st tried on an hp g4 n1213 via mpcie. Found the bios whitelisted...

This fucking thing. Can't seem to get it to work. 1st tried on an hp g4 n1213 via mpcie. Found the bios whitelisted, bricked it with the wrong bios. Ordered new bios chip and soldered in, now it works again. Found the right bios flash, now no more whitelist. I'm able to change out wifi cards no problem, but still wont detect egpu.
Have a dell inspiron n5040, has no whitelist, and same issue.
I'm currently using the dell power powerbrick to run it. And a 560gtx 2gb overclocker card.

Going to try and use a different power supply later tonight for further attempts to get it to work. And I have a chinkshit 960gtx 4gb coming in the mail. I also have the m.2 cable coming for a newer laptop as well.

Any of you fuckers been dicking around with this thing.

ITT.. EGPU GENERAL

Attached: 81GXAMOag0L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 278K)

>gaming laptop

I can tell you by the way it's advertised it looks extremely shady.

I used that thing like two years ago with a T420, shit's ultra easy to make it work you just plug it in, install drivers and it just werks.

Then i got bored of videogames and sold everything, haven't had a dGPU since then.

>egpu
Nice meme.
Just a get a laptop with a proper GPU built in.

Attached: 1507675338319.png (984x202, 97K)

Yeah I know..

I had this idea I could build these cheap setups and sell them to faggots for profit.

Several confirmed working videos on YouTube.

I have several laptops, this is just kind of a hobby right now.
I don't even game desu

I do have a t430, I'll try it on that.

GPU over wifi slot is always going to be a bit awkward on bad OEM laptops (see: not thinkpads) because they do weird hacky shit whenever they can. Even WITH thinkpads you gotta remove bios whitelist.
Better to get a laptop with thunderbolt port.

I have a laptop with a thunderbolt port. I'm not worried about that.
I've just been fucking around with this thing, and wanted to see if anyone had some experience with them.

But do you see gpu in device manager, it jest werks on my asus laptop, same dell psu

Attached: egpu.png (781x572, 51K)

Na nothing

That's why I was thinking power supply maybe.

The fan turns on on the card when the laptop turns on.

You got the chink EXP GDC clone, you can use 1000 series or RX GPUs on it.
Google it, is a common problem.

Welcome to chinese products.

You need a PSU to power the card too, not a brick.

Is it 8.5c?
Get rid of it. Get older model.

Or you have a broken pcie cable or adapters slot it self is broken

I got a conformed working used one from ebay.

V 8.3c

Someone in this thread uses one with a brick

Thinking this might be it, but the card powers up. I'll find out when I get the m.2 cable.

should've got expresscard laptop instead

I have one. It's way to old and non upgradeable cpu. Plus expresscard is too much of a bottleneck

how valueless is your fucking time that you waste it on this shit when you can just buy a normal computer

Attached: ,7-V-245227-3.jpg (468x351, 25K)

For the last fucking time.

I have normal computers. I have a laptop that can run games on it.

This is just something I thought would be fun to tinker with.

What are you some kind of poorfag?

Don't listen to him, user. I believe in your dream and wish for you to achieve it. I'll be looking out for you in speccy threads.

Attached: 1468689704969.jpg (212x387, 23K)

>Excl
>usive

expresscard is exactly same as minipcie. Same PCIe 2.0x1

>proper GPU
>1050
pick one