What are some tips/software to increase my privacy and security?

What are some tips/software to increase my privacy and security?

Attached: infosec1.jpg (2001x1501, 876K)

Other urls found in this thread:

privacytools.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't connect to (((the Internet)))

don't use any software

Anyone have a tutorial or Jow Forums thread screenshot about how to disappear completely off the internet?

It's been posted here several times.

Install gentoo

Yall are brainlets
privacytools.io/

Attached: logo.png (600x88, 11K)

I've been using privacytools.io but I was wanting anything additional that isn't available on the site.

>if you're using windows, don't
>if you have to, don't install security updates. MS literally makes the platform more vulnerable every update, and breaks features while they're at it
>install malwarebytes and adwcleaner and run regular scans
>shouldn't need an antivirus unless you're absolutely paranoid. Get something trustworthy, and be wary of free AVs. Avast, for example, only barely functions as an AV, and it's an annoyance alot of the time
>use a secure browser, like a fork of firefox or google chrome.
>use ublock origin, umatrix, and https everywhere
>never enable javascript on a website unless you can trust it

Get these

Attached: 1503884619510.jpg (1388x1590, 276K)

well if you like to use command-line/terminal interfaces, you could go with mutt for email, as I do.
Privacytools will never mention it, but if you just need a quick email account for personal use, there's cock.li. You can I think get a domain there that's "airmail.cc" if you don't care for having cock in your email address. Of course the best option would be self-hosting.
Oh and Brave Browser which they list on the site can also be used with tor now, eliminating the need for Tor Browser.

isn't antivirus software fairly bad for privacy and security since they snoop through your files? And since most are closed source who's to say they're not logging your information during a scan

>use a secure browser
>like google chrome.
OP was talking about increasing his privacy. Chrome is the polar opposite of that.

I have all the add-ons recommend by privacytools.io, but with all those add-ons you have won't that just increase your fingerprint?

If someone is tracking your browser fingerprint, you've got bigger problems than I can handle in a Jow Forums thread, my dudebro.

General security > specialized security

Attached: 1521987790081.jpg (1632x1224, 447K)

I personally wouldn't allow so much random software to run on my computer.

Instead I'd just use Firefox in RAM. Not store anything when you close it. If I want to clean all cookies and everything, I just close my browser and reopen it. Also ublock origin.

Wouldn't it be better to use a VM at that point?

Probably.

I know Puppy Linux can be ran in your RAM

privacy.haus

Privacytoolsio has better recommendations. Thanks anyway.

He said a fork you illiterate brainlet.

Recommendations for a VNC server that can run on Windows?

I use TightVNC currently to access files on my home computer which is helpful for those "oops I left it on my computer at home" situations, but apparently everything other than the password exchange is unencrypted.

What software/hardening should I do on my home network and devices to secure against non-government threats, like private investigators or even your run of the mill h4x0r with Kali linux?

Solutions that are not placebos:None.

Run an ssh server on your home computer and tunnel your VNC connection through ssh.

>qubes
ill leave you with that

Unplug your computer. It can't spy on you while it's off and unpowered.

Attached: unplug.jpg (1200x640, 124K)

I know at one point there was a site where you could see what information was visible online about you from a bunch of different websites and social media, but I can't find it. Does anyone know th esite I'm talking about? Links?

not yet...

seconding this

Kevin Mitnick mentioned this in The Art of Deception. He wrote that even a PC that is turned off is not safe, as someone can come and turn it on.