Laptop keys overheating while gaming

So hey i dont really ever post here but was wondering if anyone had a solution.

I recently bought an Acer Predator Helios 300 and i absolutely love it. One thing that bugged me though was that it got hot and started overheating when i play games for about 10 minutes. So i bought a cooling pad and i thought that would be the end of it. But there's another problem now where the keyboard would get hot too, especially around the WASD keys.

TL;DR: does anyone have a solution (other than re-applying thermal paste) that could help me not have such a hot keyboard when i play games?

Attached: predator helios.png (720x730, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amzn.com/B007XACV8O
youtube.com/watch?v=XTi4LGu9SOs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>does anyone have a solution
Don't do gaming on a laptop

Gotta break out those gamin' gloves!

(Comming soon in rgb...)

Attached: 0282_440xx_1513365744217.jpg (440x587, 139K)

You can buy one of those cooling trays you sit your laptop on with the fans on the bottom. Get one where you can move the fans around. its what i dod with my housefire gatman laptop 10 years ago

Gaming laptops are a meme. You could've spent the same amount of money on a respectable rig

Repaste
Aluminum MOSFET heat spreaders (amzn.com/B007XACV8O for example)
Undervolt

Play less demanding games.
Buck up, Buttercup.
Steal a time machine (because you'te clearly too stupid to invent one) and kick your own ass before buying a fucoing gaymen laptop.

my friend has one and he swear it made an immense difference in solving heat.
i made a wooden base and that alone stopped my laptop from shutting down during games due to heat.

but i wonder if there is another, additional solution: a sheet of thermo-isolating material inbetween the keyboard and the motherboard. there is certainly space for it on most laptop and it shouldn't hurt it, but will it practically work? and what kind of material should OP look into? the fiber glass shit used for oven is too rough to cut into fine sheets without fucking up the keyboard strokes. i think.

is this the 2018 version with 144hz screen? please respond, I'm thinking of getting one too.

>a sheet of thermo-isolating material inbetween the keyboard and the motherboard
Sounds like a terrible idea, might cause the laptop to overheat/throttle severely by trapping heat inside

external keyboard?
mouse?

you're smarter than that

retard

Can't carry a whole rig around though.

first off, set the cpu fan to super ultra max and leave the GPU fan on normal. mine is loud as shit but it will disperse the heat really well

secondly, accept that the keyboard is going to get warm. it shouldn't burn you but it will be noticeably warm. they concentrate it on the righthand side knowing you'll be on wasd/qwer from all the thermal images i've seen

and if it really bothers you, get a small TKL keyboard and plug it in

while gaming laptops are SUPPOSED TO be cooled well enough to prevent throttling under load, some aren't. your best bet would be to replace the thermal paste on the CPU. the paste that it came with is likely shit, and it may not have been applied well in the factory.

here's a video on how to do that: youtube.com/watch?v=XTi4LGu9SOs
you should be able to do this by yourself, but be careful. letting thermal paste get onto the circuitry can cause a short and fuck your shit up. if you don't think you're up to it, maybe take it to a computer repair shop and have them do it for you (bring your own thermal paste though, because they usually keep cheap shit on hand).
also, liquid metal is pretty hot right now (heh) and would further improve thermals, so if you end up taking it to someone else, it probably wouldn't cost much extra to have them apply that too.

however it's all heat that is attempting to escape from its not designated path: the keyboard. can't really improve that side unless we find a fan that blows air through our keycaps.

serious question: if the laptop can't dissipate heat fast enough, why would you blame it on the CPU thermal paste?
if the CPU wasn't well pasted then the heat wouldn't reach the keyboard, would it?

Why would you buy a laptop named for a sexual predator?

Adding a bunch of extra material inside the laptop will make heat problems worse regardless of where it's placed, it impedes airflow

well bad on you for buying before researching the thermals, its pretty much one of the most important things to consider when buying a laptop with a discrete GPU.

use a keyboard if you can't trash this one and buy a better one.

what is portability?

Serious Response: Get a cpu vacuum cooler.

Clips onto your ventilation and sucks the hot air right right.
You can pick one up on ebay for like 10 bucks.

>I need to play with my toys in public

Yeah sell it to some other dumbfuck and buy yourself a PS4 before you're left with a fucking brick.