Do any of you fuck with ham radio? I’ve been licensed for about four years now. Reply with best experiences

Do any of you fuck with ham radio? I’ve been licensed for about four years now. Reply with best experiences.

Attached: 8FDD53D6-4D5C-4414-BCC1-8352500830B4.jpg (474x355, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/amateurradio/comments/3ch03o/where_is_the_b_for_ham_radio/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i too am interested in HAM radio. What kind of stuff can you do with it?

talk

You can listen to crazy boomers

reddit.com/r/amateurradio/comments/3ch03o/where_is_the_b_for_ham_radio/

Got my license a year ago. Live in France. I get to talk to someone once a month at best. 99% of the time it's a 60yo boring dude and the 1% last is a 35yo boring boomer. I wish I lived in the US or Japan for ham radio only

Inane boomer garbage mixed in with some autist threatening to file an FCC complaint

>boomer
>boomer
>boomer
>boomer
>boomer

Attached: 1481746843394.png (400x389, 48K)

Fuck off with the boomer shot. Its beyond stupid now

*shit

Fucking boomers GTFO

please disregard the 4channery going on in this thread and talk more about ham radio because i too want to know what you can do with it. it seems like cool stuff.

About 30 years ago my dad used to play with RTTY using a 48K ZX Spectrum. Sometimes there were news feeds from Reuters, and plenty of 5 character blocks of data that was presumably encrypted military traffic. There are probably more advanced things to do along the same lines in this day and age.

Attached: spectrum rtty.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Planning to. Found the ubitx to be an inexpensive gateway into hf transceiving. An open circuit design by a pajeet.
From what I've seen, qrp low power transmission looks like challenging fun. Overcoming limited transmit power of under 10 watts, by coming up with efficient antenna designs to try and make long distance contact with far away boomers. SOTA activating is similar but done on high altitudes to get very better reach.

Im interested but too poor to afford equipment right now.
I might get into it later in life once i've reached boomer age. Maybe i'll start by building antennas to sniff the air for some shit.

Attached: 2eq691.jpg (755x500, 96K)

>h-have you heard about user?
>they say he's a licensed HAM radio operator
>omigosh

Attached: 1519160287428.png (473x496, 249K)

It's cucked by the FCC.

But I mean, it's real literal boomers who use amateur radio.

I've considered getting an amateur radio license, but never got around to it.

>get 1000w amplifier
>key the transmitter
>flood every poorly shielded chink device in the neighborhood with high power RF interference
>literally dim light bulbs in time to the morse code
>make things like guitar amps, phones, stereos, and computer headphones completely unusable
>if anyone complains just quote some FCC statute about the legal priority of licensed radio devices over chink garbage
>if they still don't shut up and go away just tell them to buy better RF shielding for their chink trash and put chink cock rings that do absolutely nothing on every wire in their house
source: dad was a ham when I was learning guitar as a teenager

Attached: 1649491513916127762.jpg (926x1024, 91K)

Besides the ubitx, there's also an even cheaper $60 bitx40 prebuild board that transmits on the 40 meter band at around 5 to 7 watts.

Attached: bitx40.jpg (1600x1200, 421K)

If you are licensed as a HAM operator, isn’t that just flagging your house as “kill these people and use the house” for the military in the event of ground combat here?