Oh you bought a CRT tv, but now you need rear projection

Oh you bought a CRT tv, but now you need rear projection.
Oh you bought a CRT rear projection tv, but now you need a flat screen.
Oh you bought a CRT flat screen tv, but now you need 480i.
Oh you bought a 480i tv, but now you need 720p.
Oh you bought a 720p tv, but now you need a 1080p.
Oh you bought a 1080p tv, but now you need plasma.
Oh you bought a 1080p plasma tv, but now you need 120hz.
Oh you bought a 1080p 120hz tv, but now you need 3D.
Oh you bought a 1080p 120hz 3D tv, but now you need 4k.
Oh you bought a 4k tv, but now you need HDR!
Oh you bought a 4k HDR tv, but now you need HDR10!
Oh you bought a 4k HDR10 tv, but now you need HDMI 2(dot)1!
Oh you bought a 4k HDR10 HDMI 2.1 tv, but now you need quantum dots!
Oh you bought a 4k HDR10 HDMI 2.1 quantum dot tv, but now you need 8k!
Oh you bought a 8k HDR10 HDMI 2.1 quantum dot tv, but now you need 144hz!
Oh you bought a 8k HDR10 HDMI 2.1 quantum dot 144hz tv, but now you need....?

>stop buying meme tv's

Attached: IMG_0201.jpg (1000x630, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_video#Digital_component_video
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do people realize that supersaturated colors are a bad thing?

I think you meant 480p, 480i is the NTSC standard resolution since the beginning.

It's not like you have to upgrade every year. I've bought a new tv ever 4-5 years, seems to work out.
I'm still in the 1080p world, as it fits my needs fine still.
Why get mad over people trying to sell things?

People want to see something brighter and cooler than the bland colors from their own cow eyes.

I got a 1080p tv off the street corner last year for $40. It goes great with my Nintendo switch My previous TV before that was a 1080i that I traded for a iPod touch about a decade ago.

So in total, my lifetime investment in televisions is $40

btw I got the iPod touch for free by getting 6 friends to sign up for a trial.

>tfw craigslist flooded with cheap 27" dvi monitors because muh 4k

10 Oh you bought a 3Ghz, quad core, core based CPU, but now you need a 3Ghz, quad core, core based CPU with a different socket
20 GOTO 10

Attached: Intel_Corporation__old_logo.pg_.jpg (596x315, 11K)

>I think you meant 480p, 480i is the NTSC standard resolution since the beginning.

No, for a time the tv's were advertised as 480i.

Attached: Capture.png (921x561, 251K)

That's incredibly retarded as literally all televisions are 480i

Dumb zoomer

Yeah, sort of. But they went from analog to digital. Most DVD's I thought were also 480i, not p.

It's the NTSC standard, you know the one used by RF, composite etc..
Actual digital signal only came with DVI.
DVDs still use the same NTSC signal with the same lines and shit.
I think they started with the 480i to differentiate from the 480p they were pushing (the one you can only get with component cables etc..)

10 Oh you bought a 3Ghz, quad core, core based CPU, but now you need a 3Ghz, quad core, core based CPU with a different socket
20 while AMD hasn't released anything
30 sleep
40 GOTO 10

FTFY

>technology improves
Whoa.

Just buy what you can afford.

>Actual digital signal only came with DVI.
Nope.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_video#Digital_component_video

I literally know no one who's upgraded their TVs with this mentality. It's usually when their TV stops working or they want an additional TV.
What do rich people do with their perfectly fine TVs when they make marginal upgrades like OP?

>I literally know no one who's upgraded their TVs with this mentality.
Funny because everyone I know does this. When I was a 90's kid my uncle had a lot of money, so he had the giant rear projection crt tv.

You can't tell me you don't see the people who bought 4k tv's now wanting hdr for their vidya or home theaters.

Quite neat as fuck.

>need
imagine being this brainwashed

We come from different worlds, user. I envy your familial wealth.

>I envy your familial wealth.
Trust me you shouldn't. I actually had two uncles with money I rarely saw. Nothing worse than seeing all their children enjoy the family pool. Then the adults always complain that a pool is so much work. I want to strangle every person that says that.

i met one of the guys who invented quantum dots
He was cool

I went from a 27" SD set to a 27" HD CRT capable of 1080i (in 2006; at a time when even a 32 lcd was limited to only 720p and would cost you a cool $1000.00, a blu-ray player would also cost you $1000.000 and it lacked streaming at that)
Finally got a 65" rear projection (I moved, new house had a bigger living room). That tv died. Now I'm rolling along with a 65" Smart HD Samsung. Won't ever go past 65 cause let's face it, my living room won't be growing any bigger so there's no point in anything larger.

I started out with a Sony Trinitron 21" CRT TV in the living room.
Bought a BenQ VH3246 (720P VA panel) for my own room in 2008 when 1080P LCDs were still too pricey. Takes HDMI 1080P just fine, decent speakers. Moved it into the living room when the Sony started doing that damn fucking red/green tint shit all CRTs seem to do at one point or another.
The BenQ is still in the living room, and works perfectly after 10 years.

Currently have a 3~4 year old 40" 7-11 rebranded TV with a Sharp G10 1080P panel, speakers are shit as the LED backlit TVs are getting too thin for good speakers anymore. I find myself rarely using the TV and prefer to consume content on my main computer which only has 24" screens. So I'm not in a hurry to upgrade my TVs

If one of my TVs die, I might replace it with some OEM 55" 4K HDMI 2.0 LG panel for like $385.
Don't need HDR as there isn't much content that I watch that has it. 4K TVs in the 55" range have come down enough that I don't have to settle for 1080P and visible pixels anymore and will upscale/downscale perfectly. HDR is still on the table if the price is right by the time I'm shopping for a TV.

>Oh you bought a CRT rear projection tv, but now you need a flat screen.
show me a rear projection tv without a flat screen.