Hey i want pc with windows preinstalled

>hey i want pc with windows preinstalled

And they get it without any questions asked, because there is only 1 type of Windows that is currently used.

>hey i want pc with linux preinstalled

And they get asked which of 100000 distros do they want, and then what DE they want with it, or maybe you would like WM instead of DE???

And that is why Linux will never overtake Windows

Pic unrelated

Attached: house.jpg (720x713, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1794711#p1794711
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well if you want a special flavor of Linux you'll surely be able to install it yourself but if you just want Linux to avoid the MS tax just get Ubuntu.

What is that comfy-looking game?

Good thread

It's not about me or some other random fa/g/

The average Joe doesn't know shit, and if he tries to get into Linux he will get scared because there is no clear standard in Linux. There's no DEFAULT Linux, which you can change later to whatever you want. And i like that you can choose whichever distro you want, but people dont know anything about them and they will just want to stick to their old Win10 botnet

Not really.
Companies just use the "ubuntu = linux" mentality because ubuntu is the easiest one to use.

Terraria

Buy a Dell with Umbongo preinstalled

Attached: vapedora.jpg (500x500, 30K)

Some Planet Centauri bootleg.

terraria by the looks of it

Terraria, highly recommended

It even works better on Linux than on Windows, at least for me

>Average user is overwhelmed with Excel
>Industry defines a "power user" as someone who can follow simple instructions and use the config button
>Surely this year will be a breakthrough year for Linux as a mainstream desktop OS

Attached: 1533496212416.png (645x729, 58K)

that's the fucking point OP. linux is about choice and it's not meant for stupid normalfags that don't know anything about computers. who cares if it never gets as popular as windows because it's already the better OS
>but my gaymes and other proprietary software
if you really need them then stick with windows

You dumb fuck, average user won't use excel but will just go and masturbate to milfs using his chrome browser on basic Windows 10 pc cuz he doesn't know better.

And guess what, even though it's funny to see how stupid they are, THEY DICTATE MARKET SHARE OF OPERATING SYSTEMS.

So when you see that 5% of all people with PC's use Linux, you say: "Hey, that's a lot of smart people + me, because i am dumb shitposter that goes on Jow Forums just to be useless"

But guess what, we need more than smart users to overtake Windows.

Attached: 1435804777065.jpg (1600x877, 309K)

First thing, you can play everything on linux. Many games have native linux support, and those that dont can be run really well using wine.

Second thing, we NEED to destroy Windows not only because Linux is better than Windows, but also because that would be huge win for free software.

With more users we would also get more support for drivers, programs and other stuff.

Maybe I need some sleep but what the fuck are you on about?
Your first two lines are pretty much my fucking point, the average user doesn't give a shit, doesn't understand and has negative reasons to use Linux. It doesn't have anything to do with doesn't know better there is no fucking reason for average users to use Linux and they dictate the fucking standard.
And the third and fourth line is either pointless rambling or I really need sleep.
Also:
>implying Linux will ever overtake Windows in any possible timeline let alone ours

lol, i also haven't slept.

Sorry then, i understand now what you wanted to say.

I know and I agree but 99% of the people that go on here are too fucking stupid to use wine or when they encounter an issue, instead of searching up a solution they make a thread raging about the problem and then proceed to call linux a waste of time and a piece of shit so I have just given up of any chance of linux taking over the market. people are just that fucking retarded and it will never change

>offer no native support for popular thing people do
>third party that offers support for popular thing isn't user friendly enough for the average retard
>people give up because it doesn't work instantly and choose the simple working alternative
Who could have guessed that in a world where people will bounce to another website if the other takes longer than 3 seconds to load that they will not put up with something that doesn't work out of the box.

You're comparing Subway with McDonald's

When people go to Subway and McDonalds, they will wait and choose whatever they like.

For them food is enjoyment.

Operating systems on the other hand, are not enjoyment for them, and they just want an OS that works right out of the box

Attached: .png (1200x1335, 269K)

if somebody is asking for linux preinstalled 99% of the time they want ubuntu

tnx for contributing to the thread

imagine getting confused by distributions and desktop environments and window managers
unironically kill yourself

You're too much brainlet to have anything customized for your use needs for maximum efficiency and instead want the out of the box "good enough for me" solution

you do realize linux is a different operating system right? I'm not saying wine doesn't work I'm just saying if you really need that particular piece software that's not working in wine then stick with windows or find an alternative. I hate it when people never do any research before installing linux especially when they have nvidia hardware

Starbound.

Terraria. Starbound is just shitty version of Terraria

This is why they should rename Linux Mint to just "Linux". There's nothing preventing them from doing so.

Attached: fat1.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Ok but they're both autism simulators and I only play real games where you don't build stuff

And? It's no secret that there are many reasons, why normalfags will keep using Windows.

I know very well what Linux and Wine are but I think we are missing each others point.

More users = more support

More users than Windows = big win for free software

The default is Ubuntu. The rest are like Windows Server or IoT or embedded

That is one of the big problems but by far not the only one. And guess what, when there is no support and there are a hundred other reasons for an average user not to change the OS then they will not change out of some bullshit ideological reason or out of the promise of more support when they all change.
"Our product will get successful it only needs a big market share" is the best way to bankrupt your company and it won't work here either.

oh shit I feel like an idiot. disregard what I said earlier. normalfags put more effort into something they already understand while they give up on linux instantly because it's completely new to them and they don't want to ''waste their time'' figuring out what's wrong and learn their way around the issue

Ah, no. Market share is dictated by PC mfg. Agree 90 pct of home pc market would be fine with Ubuntu or like easy tier os.

>And that is why Linux will never overtake Windows
Why does it need to?

if you go anywhere but here, you're going to get recommended the "default" linux distros (ubuntu or mint).

Linux would just end up botnet if everybody used it anyway so its good for the majority to stay on windows.

more like, you still tell if you want 7, 8 or 10, or say nothing and the technician installs what he feels like, or you say linux and the technician installs what distro he feels like. no technician will annoy you about it this much
>you can play everything on linux. Many games have native linux support, and those that dont can be run really well using wine.
lol

I play Arma 3, CSGO, Dota 2, Terraria, EU4, CK2 and they all work properly on Linux.

And i use Wine to run games like GTA

That was pretty much my point just worded it shittily. The average user will not bother with something that doesn't work instantly and won't "waste their time" figuring out what's wrong when they have an alternative that they already know works.

Why the fuck would anyone want Linux preinstalled?

>there is only 1 type of Windows that is currently used.
Completely false

When you buy new pc's you will get Windows 10 installed. I am 100% sure that you wont get anything else

Smaller shops will still ask do you want 7 instead

Do you want Windows 10 S Mode, Home, Pro, Pro foe Workstations, Enterprise, Education, Pro Education or Enterprise LTSB?

>implying that you will find any PC or Laptop with anything but Win10 Home or Pro installed
All those other variants are highly specific and you will never find them in the wild.

The majority of those are special purpose and not relevant.
But all those versions are still Windows 10.

Discount Minecraft

>and if he tries to get into Linux he will get scared because there is no clear standard in Linux.
It's Ubungus. It *is* the standard (as far as the definition of standard you care about is concerned) for the Linux desktop.
Arch user btw

>arch
botnet

>Most people are lazy and stupid.
Wild insight. Nevah been said befoah.

There are actually valid reasons but that isn't one you fucking jackass

Dumb nigger
bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1794711#p1794711

>there is only 1 type of Windows that is currently used.
Home, Pro, Server, Enterprise, LTSB, IoT, S, POS Ready, Embedded, etc. So you're wrong. And those are just some of the Winshit 10 editions, faggot.

>udindu
Not even once.

Try playing that shit on linux

That looks like a very comfy house

That and the fucking terminal also hold Linux back.

Linux is the name of the kernel that Linus Torvalds developed starting in 1991. The operating system in which Linux is used is basically GNU with Linux added. To call the whole system “Linux” is both unfair and confusing. Please call the complete system GNU/Linux, both to give the GNU Project credit and to distinguish the whole system from the kernel alone.

Linux is a registeted trademarked.

got any fully functional DAWs and open sores After Effects equivalent?

yeah lol

Attached: daggy13.png (576x472, 65K)

Why do wangtards always act like the lowest common denominator matters? Is it because they are also retarded?

Linux is a kernel.

Fucking retarded

Yes, but you're free to write your own I'd those don't suit you.

>hey i want christianity with catholicism preinstalled

And they get communion without any questions asked, because there is only 1 type of the Most Holy Catholic Church that is currently used.

>hey i want christianity with gnosticism preinstalled

And they get asked which of 100000 heresies do they want, and then what codices they want with it, or maybe you would like scrolls instead of codices???

And that is why the falsely so called gnosis will never overtake Catholicism

Attached: windows_chi-rho.jpg (400x236, 19K)

(You)

>I can't fucking pick an option (from a list of five) that will majorly impact my computer usage. I need some company to choose for me and i also need someone to bitch to when windows doesn't work like i want it to

Attached: massive_brainlet.png (645x773, 71K)

>food analogy
IMAGINE BEING AT COMPUTER

Except Microsoft has fought as hard as they could for this to never be an option or for this to be on negligible amount of machines.

>hey would you like windows 10 or 8.1?
>okay, so should it be home or pro, maybe enterprise?
>right, would you like the S, N or KN version?
>and should it be LTSB?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-06-10-04-09-721_com.android.chrome.jpg (1067x1925, 152K)

You underestimate people's capacity to learn and pick between several alternatives. According to your argument, everybody should be using edge as their default browser because they get confused by the existence of firefox, chrome, etc.
It is not that what you are saying is not a problem, but it is hardly the fundamental problem that stops Linux from overtaking Windows. You should think more in terms of how Microsoft has a lot of resources it can spend on marketing their products, developing them, and negotiating with other companies to create exclusives.
Trust me, the average person can use Linux just fine. I installed Mint on my mother's computer and she's been happily using it for almost a year.

>And they get asked which of 100000
why? just give them kde neon

kde is as standard as it will ever get for the average Joe

>IANAL
>anal
hehe

>And they get asked which of 100000 distros do they want, and then what DE they want with it, or maybe you would like WM instead of DE???
It is called giving people a choice. if they don't know then Kubuntu is the safest bet.

you can disable speck with a single line

>99% of the people that go on here are too fucking stupid to use wine
Yes I am one of those stupids, found setting up a VM with GPU passthrough and writing my own qemu startup script far simpler than navigating the clusterfuck that is wine even with play on linux, there is always some fucking dependency missing that I have to hunt down or annoying bugs to resolve.

Because the math they know is grade school math.

I haven't tried it but it runs natively on Linux so it should really work without any issues.