Whats Jow Forums home cooling technology?

>mfw I feel on portable conditioner

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZKPNE6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Installed AC

this

$5 fan.

I just drink water so water cooling I guess

Attached: 1505692586559.png (657x527, 64K)

This shit won't cool anything. It will just blow air that's 3°C colder in your house.

You need an real AC for cooling.

mini split, the asian's choice

it will cool off a NEET room pretty well though

Based and waterpilled.

split ACs with an inverter have better perf/W

I have an AC like that. It's noisy as hell, but it makes the room icy cold.

> inb4 Intel 28-core cooler system

This, I also open the windows at night.

This, I also put a fan in my window. The white noise also helps me fall asleep.

Attached: JHRY8045.jpg (700x578, 41K)

Great now we're going to have yet another thread by Jamal asking how to unlock the phone he just """found"""

Cold water
Bucket
Insert feet

cools your entire body thanks to the magic of circulation

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x242, 8K)

>portable
This shit make so much noise :(

you gotta be retarded if you don't think these work

pro tip: don't test your theory on the cheapest piece of shit you can find from Big Lots

Windows tints.

I open my windows at night to cool off the house then close them and put down the shades during the day to keep it that way.

Its a AC

If you're buying single hosed portable AC units you are most certainly retarded.

t. proud Whynter owner

Attached: 1613875199-1.jpg (466x500, 35K)

yall niggers have to live in shitsconsin or up north not to have installed AC.

down south is a requirement to have it otherwise you will burn to death with the heat.

window, dual fan setup with temperature turn on control, and intake/outtake modes.

I own a few of these. They do a good job of cooling a small room. Here's the thing though, most of the models in stores have a single heat ejection vent. Do NOT buy these - they suck cold air from the house and eject it out the window, and the negative pressure just means hot outside air is getting sucked right back in from doors/windows/crevices/etc.

Get a model that has both an intake and ejection vent on the window side. They're harder to find but Amazon has some that have decent reviews.

Central AC because I am not a poorfaggot.

this

Redpill me on some models

I've been dying for one of these indoor AC units that act as window units but with pipes as opposed to sitting on windows - the meme association and thus, renter, won't allow those

>no one ever lived in the south prior to the 20th century

Attached: 1510460000662.png (1200x1042, 247K)

what if I want to stay cool while I am sleeping?

amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZKPNE6

This one is going strong after 2 years. The build quality is cheap chinese crap, but that shouldn't be an issue if you don't knock it around too much. The intake/outtake hoses also need to be level or below the unit itself - it seemed to struggle with overheating until I raised it up on to a table

I also own the unit in OP's picture. That one does okay for a single room BUT it's a single-vent unit that has the aforementioned problem of sucking in hot air through the rest of the apartment

It just cools off a single room, not a whole house. That's the problem, gotta be over 9000 BTUs

>what is global warming

>want AC
>can't stand the noise

Attached: xtreme-earplugs.jpg (282x282, 19K)

This shit is noisy?

Leave the fan on at night you fuckig genius

>mfw I feel on portable conditioner
wat

Attached: cyber.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

fans kill people in south korea

They are noisy, less efficient than windows ac

hope you enjoy tinnitus

You're better off with a window unit, the only reason you would get these is if you're renting a place and your lease/landlord doesn't allow window units.

As loud as any other window ac unit.

Buy the whynter, I've had mine for 3 years and it's extremely simple to maintain.

Also a Whynter owner here.
Portable AC units are great with the understanding that it belongs to you, you're taking it with you, and you're not hanging anything out of the window. Some communities (homeowners associations) bitch about window ACs.

They're less efficient than real window ACs. This is something that you sort of have to just take as a fact of life.

If you actually own a house, you'll want central air with ducting or a mini-split system.

Portable ACs can only do so much.

Take a plane.

That's right. It's mini-split/central > window ac > dual hose portable AC > single hose portable AC > swamp cooler > Ice Water + fan > wet towel.

Central air.
> have free NEST thermostat
> still in box
> still using thermostat with mercury bubble

>portable conditioner

How loud are these? Do you have any recommended brands? Do they increase street noise?

I'm using window unit right now in other bedroom, I don't want to increase noise in my bedroom, and don't want to spend fuckton on house AC when I live in single bedroom/hallway.

None. I'm not even north.

that's just a bigass dehumidifer

I have the one in OP's pic(single vent) and it works perfectly fine. In fact I have to turn it off after 2 hours or so(even if it's 90F+ outside) because it gets so cold.

Has been doing a great job for 2 years already.

Do you live in area where it gets humid? What part of the world? State preferably. I've been thinking about buying pic related but where I'm at (Ohio fag) I'm told that it wont work good.

Atlanta, GA. Humidity is around 60~80%.

>I'm told that it wont work good
My use case might be different than most anons. I don't know what their expectations are, but the main reason I keep it running is so my server/desktop stays cool during the summer, so it only needs to cool a single room(my bedroom).

If I were trying to cool my entire apartment then I'd probably buy something in the $400~500 range, however my apartment already has built-in central AC and it does a good job too.

>falling for the scam

Attached: 9D4AA923-6944-4DCC-869A-DBAE1BADD3C4.jpg (540x720, 116K)

Hi Adam

I'm looking to stay cool in the summer ;)
When you say it gets too cool; what temp are we talking?

That is a terrible stock image.

This thing changed my life. The tubes look gay as hell, but the AC functions so well. Totally worth 450 dollarydoos

Attached: 20180805_215226.jpg (4032x3024, 2.91M)

this
I cant install a non pirtable ac here, the noise is dtill better than the heat

Opening windows and sea breeze.

My quarterly bill is gonna suck.

They can vary from midly loud (~55dB) to very loud (70dB?). Sharp makes/made some fairly quiet ones. Idylis (rebadged whynter?) was pretty loud. They can increase street noise since your window will be partly open and the plastic window piece isn't sound insulated. I recommend window AC. Friedrich kuhl is rated fairly quiet, but compressor kick-in is noisy. I think the 2018 LG Dual Inverters don't have compressor kick-in noise so those may be the most "stable" in terms of white noise.

Where the fuck do you live that you can’t put your AC in a room without a street view or just hide it with a bush or decoration?

Lot of landlords are sticklers about that, at least around California.

They can’t know it’s there if they can’t see it.

Putting it out of view or hiding it doesn't matter if it breaks your lease terms.

All it takes is one inspection or report from a neighbor for you to get hit with a fee or worse yet evicted and lose your deposit.

>not having central air

>inspection
You’re supposed to be notified.
>narks
Bribe them.
>b-buh muh terms
Grow a pair. If you were to somehow get evicted over that then you’re already living in a shithole.

Most apartments I've been in in California the windows are clearly visible from the outside. You wouldn't be able to hide it from the outside either because outside landscaping is handled by management. The noise would also be a giveaway.

They have to notify you if they're inspecting the inside of your building/place.

They don't have to do anything for inspecting exterior.

Having proper insulation is the best way to keep cool. It's free too.

Attached: attic-insulation-comparison-R38.jpg (600x600, 204K)

Ductless mini split heat pump.

I was going to try this method but then I got cold feet.

Radiant barrier is better for keeping out the heat

Attached: 1532192151184.jpg (450x253, 88K)

I hate those kinds of air conditioners. They always look like they're trying to sneak out the window.

kek

Attached: tech_feels.jpg (676x673, 125K)

have this guy for my bedroom. works well but i like the cold so i feel like i should have gone over kill with a 10,000+ BTU unit

Well cellulose is the cheapest way to do it proper. Barrier still needs proper r value for it do do any good.

Attached: chart.png (2253x1320, 355K)

enjoy your nsa backdoor

forgot pic

Attached: 71A9eb5FelL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 242K)

Fucking why? What are these landlords afraid will happen? That someone will see it and think "it's goddamn hot out, that's guy's pretty lucky, I wish my landlord would let me have an AC"?

“Overkill” is a good way to wreck your AC.

Who here Californian master race? Year round great weather here.

Attached: 1528220995478.jpg (931x830, 233K)

I have exactly this model. I like the remote with the thermometer in it. You can put the thermometer where you want the temperature to be read from, and the air conditioner will continue to cool until THAT area reaches the desired temperature.

Attached: trap_papajohns.jpg (406x600, 38K)

yeah great weather faggots

Attached: fire.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Does it hit 120 in socal? How is that great weather?

Attached: D8BFAA84-8D5F-44FA-8096-BCE3550A4C9E.jpg (600x552, 41K)

nibba it was like 88 today, and kind of swampy in my armpits.

the bay area is literally 75-80 this whole summer

I was there for a week couple years back in the summer and it was a nice 75 the entire time. I thought it was a fluke.

When I was in Colorado I had that exact air conditioner because my complex didn't have central A/C. What the fuck is up with that? Anyway it was pretty comfy.

>bay area
>socal

gtfo

Attached: face_cat_mirror.jpg (694x642, 92K)

a/c is white privilege and might offend some minorities. so a no no in peoples republic of california.

>>>/polpot/

>>>/madcuckservative/who/cant/find/a/factory/job/because/hes/stupid

where do you niggers live that residences do not all come with AC installed?

Attached: talonconfus.png (262x251, 142K)

Because things sticking out of windows can look tacky (especially if only a couple people are doing it). It could "devalue" the property by association which is probably the #1 thing Californian's are into (keeping property values high).

turn on your a/c you hothead