Tfw no longer play vidya except for some low requirement stuff

>tfw no longer play vidya except for some low requirement stuff
>considering to sell my 2700x + 1080ti build and just make a 2400g with a 1060 or something in a really small case and install linux

rate plan

Attached: 1487809055384.jpg (804x802, 85K)

Just get a RX 560

>not mining buttcoins

Why do you have a 1080ti you fickle shit

>mining buttcoins

b-because i was really into vidya and still am to some extent but the game i play could be played on a 2400g or a 1050ti

if ur going linux, buy a modern amd card. Theyre drivers are open source.

On one hand I would like to build a higher end PC that can play more than just quake3. On the other hand it saddens me to think about having to play modern games.

Modern games suck ass man. The only thing that kind of keeps me from going linux at this point is that i've had trouble to get Diablo 2 working ;_;

Dude, just keep it. 2700X is C2Q/Ivy Bridge tier in futureproofing.

Why don't you just get a chinkpad nigger?

So pretty good in other words? What about the coming AM4 CPUs?

Because i don't want a chinkpad

I did the same, sold off my 1080ti desktop and bought a 999 usd laptop at walmart with 8750h and 1060.

I only play dota and pubg so its fine, saves space too and I can play somewhere else when my wife is sleeping.

You should consider installing an operating system. Linux is just a kernel.

Nog walmart, i meant microcenter.

It would probably be Mint as i'm not very familiar with any of the distributions yet.

Yeah. AM4 gives you a chance to upgrade further as long as your chipset allows it, but honestly since you say you get mostly mid/light usage out of it, it may as well last forever. Or until x86 dies, at least.

I also regret getting a meme motherboard, the x370 ASUS ROG VI Hero, should've got the Taichi honestly. But whatever. It's a solid motherboard.

Just keep it user, they'll be a game in 6 months that you'll play for 2 hours and your decision will feel justified.

If you sell it, you'll want to play the same game, go out an upgrade again, spend more doing it and be in the same position.
It's a brutal cycle i've been through many times

>fx-6300 and r9 280x
>only play japanese games
>dirt cheap and does everything well

Feels good man

Attached: 1469596885159.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

why do you niggers not just get 1070s or some shit? Literally no reason to get a 1080.

>not having the most computing power you can available to you when you need it

their*

>>considering to sell my 2700x + 1080ti build and just make a 2400g with a 1060 or something in a really small case and install linux

2400g makes no sense if you're getting a dedicated GPU because the R5 2600 is literally 7 dollars more right now on amazon.