Why would you spend $1000 on ChromeOS?

Why would you spend $1000 on ChromeOS?

Attached: aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvdXBsb2Fkcy81MjkzL2cvZ29vZ2xlLXBpeGVsYm9vay0wMDFfcHJldmll (775x500, 61K)

If it ran windows and games, yes I would.

I just don't understand the demographic that's buying this thing.

The people who need high specs for an OS based around a browser?

It's called being retarded OP. It's a genuine disability that affects millions of Americans.

Same reason people spend $1000 on a phone. They're idiots falling for brand identity bullshit.

What is the difference between this device and say an iPad or iPhone, functionality-wise? I'd say that both are equally just stupid, and do not worth 1k for the productivity they offer.

In fact, productivity-wise, I consider them as negative. I surely would use them for shitposting and browsing/watching all day long. Internet is a distraction, almost entirely, and these things are built around the assumption that you'll always need Internet connection as you do anything with them.

ChromeOS has the best interaction with Google's superior web services.

Web browser, email, storage, chat, etc.

Once ChromeOS matures, they'll be the new Apple.

> Google
> superior web services
kys

It only costs around $700 now

Yet it still feels half finished

Because it runs gentoo

Tell me, does your level of retardation hurt?

Attached: FC720FE2-F928-4389-A9D7-ED054DED7D05.jpg (489x400, 99K)

It's unironically the best ultra portable on the market. Especially with crostini.

>they'll be the new Apple

When you buy a MacBook, you get a powerful OS and a great ecosystem.

When you buy a PixelBook, you get a web browser and a clunky ecosystem.

It's a self hosting devkit. It's not really intended as a consumer product.

Nice screen and keyboard, neat for Linux

I'd rather a 1st gen surface book

where

>spending $1000 on a machine that runs an operating system literally built around a browser
>calls me a retard

actually, you know, given how poorly optimized chrome is.. maybe you need $1000 hardware to run it.

chromeos doesnt cost $1000. OP is retard

>linux
>open source fuckin bios
sorry but youre retarded if you dont buy this thing

Yes, but the pixelbook does. Why would you spend $1000 on web browser: the operating system?

youre spending $1000 on the hardware. the software comes with it for free. dumbass

Let me rephrase: who is the target demographic for an $1000 chromebook?

It's Linux with a web browser installed. There are other things you can do besides use Chrome you know.

The same as the one for a $2000 Macbook

Yeah, but how much are you going to do with an 128GB SSD? $200 for 256GB, $650 for 512GB. Tied in with processor upgrades.

I don't think so snookums :)

Developers

Plenty since the OS doesn't take up 60GB like Windows.

>128GB SSD
thats 4x the capacity of the SSD in my primary laptop, and youre a faggot if you think 128GB isnt plenty for a laptop.

Do you seriously not have a dedicated file server? disgusting

>spending $1000 on a machine that runs an operating system
Right there is your retardation. You’re spending $1000 on a piece of hardware, not the fucking operating system.

Attached: 79E44962-DACE-4DB8-B5A2-19CB7A473859.jpg (250x172, 18K)

You're paying for hardware. The software matters very little. You can usually replace it.

nice bait.
when you buy a macbook, you buy shit.
and you know it, "typical mac user".

It's an experiment.
A paper-thin, rock solid and lightning fast OS that's little more than a browser for accessing web services.
Absolutely bloat-free but can run any other platform's software (Android, Linux, Windows) in a secure container, should you need it.
Great concept, but only 20% there.

What's the best cheap Chromebook? Thinking of getting a bigger screen one as my Internet/Netflix daily driver.

Will Chrome OS run on a Core i3 ultrabook made in 2014?