>being a selfish asshole who steals from people

the original is still there cuckboi ;^)

>Unironically listening to Carpenter Brut

Attached: ashygddt.jpg (238x276, 10K)

>im a neet
The post.

>im a cuck
The post.

Attached: 63C77171-4E5F-4949-AAB0-CD7159DE88ED.jpg (406x272, 45K)

Lel

Are there any music streaming services with good Linux support? Right now I've got Spotify because they have a good student discount but their Linux support is attrocious. From what I understand the Linux support used to be better but now Spotify is hell bent on forcing you to use their official client or web browser.

Pandora

>uses FOSS
>pays for proprietary music service
Why do you do this?

Cuz it's only $5 a month and comes with Hulu.

What service ISN’T proprietary?

Or you could click "no thanks"

Linux spotify client always works great for me, what problems are you having with it?

>The time has come to open thy heart/wallet.

Attached: cjfjoifuuaeca8i2.jpg (501x504, 63K)

already did that
this message continues to appear after I click to play the song

remove the bandcamp cookie.

fuck that
gonna use web spotify + ublock origin
or simply pirate, sorry brut

GAY LESBIAN SPACE COMMUNISM WHEN??

> Carpenter Brut

Jesus are you twelve?

They board the ship, make an exact (not so exact at times) copy from the original and distribute it. Piracy is sharing, not stealing.

I don't pay for anything anymore unless i need to because I'm over capitalism.

Capitalism != consumerism

Advertising milks both.

Just set your cookies to clear on end of session for bandcamp.com my man.

So why don't you just buy it? I mean you obviously seem to like the album.

> being this gullible

Streaming is here to stay, there is literally no need or no market to buy records anymore. Just like cable is slowly disappearing because of streaming.
Artist don't even get most of their money from record sales, it's sponsor partnerships and live shows that get them the huge cash.

The only ones who earns money from record sales are the big labels and they don't want their industry to die so they do whatever they can with the help of the labels and their money for it to be that way. The idea that their services are not needed anymore scares them. Filled with boomers etc.

You literally don't need a record label anymore to succeed as an artist, you can market yourself easily with YouTube, soundcloud, Spotify and the rest of the Internet. If you are popular enough you get partnerships with companies that you can promote trough ads and viewership. Your tours will sell if people wanna see you live.

However there is also a small faction of artist who want record labels to still exist, because they feel like they don't wanna get a 9-5 and demand a high paid salary even if their max viewer count on youtube is like 50k. Those guys can fuck off and get a 9-5 and be part of the real world.

>They have something
>Both of us has the same copy of the same thing
How is that stealing?

You’re stealing the value of their work. Pull your head out of your ass.

You can't steal something that isn't scarce. Information isn't scarce anymore, only tangible objects are. "Intellectual property" is an oxymoron.

>I make a thing for sale and own a copy
>The time and effort I put into writing, producing and hosting my digital content cost me but I can get that back if I sell enough
>Muggins copies my copy without paying thinking that since I still have my copy it's ok
Are you retarded? Piracy is to theft at least own it you dumbass.

But if I have a unique idea and don't let anyone else copy it without my permission, then it is scarce.
Of course commies wouldn't understand how thinking can be work.

If you don't want anyone else to do anything with your idea, then don't tell it to anyone. The moment you do, you've irreversibly lost your exclusivity. Your "permission" means nothing. It's as ridiculous as if I tried to copyright the number 7 and wanted to charge you for using it in your post number.

It's a pants-on-head retarded business model to attempt to sell what you cannot control the supply of. Your target consumer base doesn't need you to distribute data more than once. Selling individual files is a vestige of the record industry and the reason why subscription-based database prioritizing consumer friendly UIs and customer experience are the long-term sustainable service. These data distributors pay artists/labels for the music that will sell their service. Consumers pay for ease of use, not the music.

>If you don't want anyone else to do anything with your idea, then don't tell it to anyone.
An unprofitable choice
>The moment you do, you've irreversibly lost your exclusivity. Your "permission" means nothing.
No, you think the artist's permission means nothing to justify theft. If they could do something to you about it, you'd feel differently.
>It's as ridiculous as if I tried to copyright the number 7 and wanted to charge you for using it in your post number.
This is straight up wrong, you've shifted the hell out of the goalposts here. Artists make original content, you steal the content and complain about copyright law like it's arbitrary and you could have come up with it. At which point the question raised is why haven't you? You can't. That's the point the artist is making a commodity that you for whatever entitled reason think is yours as long as you don't physically walk up to the artist take a physical copy of the record and leave. Just because it's intangible doesn't mean it's not a product for sale. Anyone can count to 7, you can't make, produce and sell that. Not anyone can compose, play, record, and produce a song/album.

>cant afford a few bucks for an album
He's obviously twelve

Intellectual property is a commie idea, schlomo.
>make a product
>sell it as a service
>don't allow reselling, rebranding, reverse engineering
>don't allow competition of 2 near identical products
Yeah, fuck off with your (((intellectual property))) and (((copyright))) totalitarian bullshit.

>unprofitable
It's profitable unless your idea and implementation isn't shit. And he's right. If you don't want someone to compete with your, or copy your work then don't make it public.
You're falling for a shit idea/logic made by those who strive to become monopolies.

Huh; Pandora doesn't use MusicBrainz, but Spotify does:
metabrainz.org/supporters

Jamendo maybe

Just buy the album you jew. Carpenter brut is god tier and you should feel bad for not giving him all of your money >:(

>If you don't want someone to compete with your, or copy your work then don't make it public.
Entering the free market is taking the chance that would happen. However that does not infer that should those things happen, I should stand by and do nothing. Unless the cost to profit ratio is better to do nothing. For the sake of example I'm making music that another artist is very similar. Maybe I do nothing because I did it first and I do it better. Maybe the other artist challenges me to improve. Or there's a large enough group with sufficient enough evidence of stealing my content. If it's profitable I may try to due them, but more realistically I do nothing. I'm already touring, getting money from streaming services, getting money from people who stole my music then decided to pay for it.
>You're falling for a shit idea/logic made by those who strive to become monopolies.
??? are you this reducitve and stupid on purpose or are you just beyond the point of return and don't have an argument?

nice strawman

>complain about copyright law like it's arbitrary
Because copyright law IS arbitrary. It was created out of nothing as a means of granting monopolies. Tangible objects have been regarded as property since time immemorial and there's a good argument to be made that that's just a fundamental concept that humans have. The concept of intellectual property, by contrast, is wholly invented. Its an implementation detail of the modern world that arose fairly recently.

All that's going on here is that you have something which can be endlessly and costlessly copied with modern technology, like music, and you want a wholly artificial and completely groundless prohibition on other people doing that, solely so you can extract an economic rent. This sort of thing is rightfully frowned upon and fought against everywhere else where it occurs.

>>being a selfish asshole who steals from people
all your money from album purchases goes to the music industry jews.
If you want to support an artist, just visit one of his concerts.

Intellectual copyright protection is what allows us to have the most profitable companies in the world nigger.

This complete communist bullshit. It protects innovation. Why do you think chinks only steal American ideas.

You assume that innovation needs protection and subsidy. It doesn't. Coming up with new and better ways of doing things is something that people will do regardless, because it still benefits them whether or not you try to prevent others from obtaining the same benefit.

download any bandcamp music straight into a zip file (as long as the band set it to stream): video-download.co/

you're welcome.

also people arguing pro intellectual property like it's 1997... we're done with that shit. the DMCA fucked shit up hard and your bullshit is still bullshit anyway so gtfo losers.

how does that boot taste you worthless shit. to have this mentality you're on either side of the same coin: 1) loser basement dweller without an education. 2) capitalist fuck who banks off of everyone's skills. also no education, but may have a BA/BS/MBA or some shit.

literally the only difference between the two is having enough capital for a down payment on a car/house/business venture. stay buried or get guillotined you spineless cuck.

Literally communism. Inmovation is a job that requires multiple people and billions of dollars in R&D. People don't just innovate. If they did we would have many more cures for rare diseases, not just the profitable ones. Literal Russian bot.

So this is the logic of a communist retard. No wonder they default to communism. How does that boot taste? Why the fuck would companies Ever invest in R&D unless either they could profit form their ideas or the goverent would subsidize them?

>Listening to Carpenter Brut
He doesn't deserve your money but at the same time you deserve this inconvenience for having such bad taste

Attached: zorak wojak.gif (500x382, 125K)

DCMA says you cant pirate stuff. I really don't get how this is controversial.

>People don't just innovate.
This is readily disproved by the fact that people invented and discovered new things before """intellectual property""" existed. And also by the fact that, in modern days, people still pursue theoretical sciences, mathematics, and the like, even when they could be earning far more money doing something else. And then they publish their results in papers just to share them with the world, and in fact complain loudly when academic journal-publishers try to charge for them. They invent whole new solutions like preprint servers and Scihub just to get around the impediments to sharing knowledge that """intellectual property""" produces. It's not protecting innovation, it's retarding it, as granting monopolies tends to do.

Intellectual property existed since 1600s, probably before that since guilds basically controlled innovation.

Math barely costs any money and the government/universities pay mathematicians salaries you fucking retard.

Why don't you send most of your paycheck to the government? I mean you obviously like it enough to live there.

>Bad news... We decided to disable all functionality for video-download forever due to the recent takedown of the bigger site youtube-mp3.org, which was based in Germany (so are we). Thank you so much for all of your help spreading the site for the last 3 years!

>Pandora is only available in the U.S. right now – but we are working on bringing our music service to other parts of the world.

Wait, it does? I have to read about that then. I want Hulu, my gf wants Spotify and that is dirt cheap for both.

>hurr durr im a dipshit musician who thinks he owns the sound files he made
>literally a bunch of 1s and 0s anyone can copy with the click of a button
>not to mention how retardedly easy it is to make music, how little value the musician actually has

Spoken like someone who has never made anything in their life

>profitable means good
Ok retard. It's not difficult to be profitable when you steal the market.

I am all for piracy and not equaling copying with stealing but this is just retarded.

Given how they barely pay tax and most of their workers, where is the benefit in that unless you happen to own the company?

A lot R&D is already paid by the public, we just have to pay again to get the results from it.

I have a high paying job and I still pirate everything I can.

>not listening to free as a free hamburger music

Attached: 18:47:57 2018-08-06.png (1244x909, 351K)

Based and redpilled

just fuckin download your shit, stop the streaming cancer

soulseek

Yeah, I hate Jesus too, how dare he steal from bakers and fishermen by multiplying their fish and bread. Good thing Jews killed him.

What the fuck? Yeah, you must be a hero for multiplying the writers music. If you could copy money, you won't be rich as everybody else also could copy the money which makes the money lose their value. Why are you stupid?

Is the Bandcamp downloader still around?

I need to support this cutie

Attached: 6ix9ine dope.jpg (500x500, 61K)

>If you could copy money, you won't be rich as everybody else also could copy the money which makes the money lose their value.
Never argued that, but nice strawman.
>Yeah, you must be a hero for multiplying the writers music.
What the actual fuck? Everything OK, user?

You could try to address my point or continue shitposting, your choice.

>Bakers and fishermen are now out of a job

Just like game designers, writers and musicians are out of a job now. Oh, wait, they aren't. Really makes you think.

Ideas aren't things.

Attached: f3f3d23ca992b778c2cdc76e8853fd73.gif (320x180, 421K)

Carpenter makes bangers, faggot

>listening to things ironically

Attached: 7619ac6546789e4bf824f9093e547c2a.jpg (375x375, 33K)

>Listening to Crnge World

Attached: Costanza_Compressed.jpg (4688x4688, 262K)

I prefer to continue shitposting

>make an original product
>100x bigger company copies it
>sells it at a loss because they can afford it and i cant
>go bankrupt
>they jack up the price
wow great idea commie

Except this is happening today so what the fuck are you arguing about?

>because they feel like they don't wanna get a 9-5 and demand a high paid salary even if their max viewer count on youtube is like 50k. Those guys can fuck off and get a 9-5 and be part of the real world.
Not an artist, but I do run a youtube channel

It always brings me joy when people whine about creating and marketing videos "not being a real job" despite the fact that I make money from it and, in fact, don't have a real job. And never will.

I also take solace in the fact that my videos aren't clickbait bullshit, and are actually good. I hate most youtubers because their shit is low quality, low effort bullshit and they only got to where they are because of sheer, dumb luck.

Attached: 1533279612115.jpg (1500x1500, 195K)

Can't you just inspect element the message and keep playing?

>You literally don't need a record label anymore to succeed as an artist, you can market yourself easily with YouTube, soundcloud, Spotify and the rest of the Internet. If you are popular enough you get partnerships with companies that you can promote trough ads and viewership. Your tours will sell if people wanna see you live.
I'm just a listener, but I like labels because they make it easier to find quality artists similar to other artists on the label. Sure, there are blogs that can be used for this purpose too, but I feel like blogs are dying because they're old school social media -- I don't know.

Don't be tempted user, paying for bits is absurd and evil. Only pay for atoms.

>he doesnt like carpenter brut
fucking cuckboi

Attached: disgust.png (597x513, 16K)

I despise the idea of being tied to any streaming service for my music consumption, so I refuse to use any of them. I'd rather shell out money for a CD.

Spotify works perfectly for me on Ubuntu 18.04.

Wow, user, you sure can clang those pots and pans together loudly! And using 'literally' as if there were a figurative/metaphorical expression to distinguish from -- very clever!

Many would not have greentexted that last sentence, but you, user, have shown that possessing a sub 3-digit IQ does not exclude one from little strokes of genius.

I can see the value in shit-posting to the internet, seeing as though it would be hard to have a conversation with someone who refuses to remove the cock from their mouth

They pay taxes the have to and pay workers what they are worth. Blame taxes in the government and also basic economics (at some point raising taxes is a loss because it slows down the economy}. Workers are underpaid outside of the US. Workers in the US are paid according to labor laws and their value.

It really isn't. If it does its because the copyright holder sells the patent.

The only people who see no value in their work are people who don’t work. Get a job you fucking neet and stop being poor.

it's called tax, you moron

Boy am I glad I never have to encounter issues like this because I purchase physical copies of my music directly from the artists themselves.

Seething broke musicians. Stay mad while I keep pirating and dabbing :)