"oh my god i'm such a smart person, i'm an embedded engineer i use an arduino lol xDD"

>"oh my god i'm such a smart person, i'm an embedded engineer i use an arduino lol xDD"
I am a part of electronics club at my univ and i fucking hate these smug faggots who pride themselves for being able to use arduino. Most haven't ever read a single datasheet because they're CSE fags who think they're smart for being able to use a toy. They don't even know the model number or any other detail of any of the "modules" or "shields" they use because they have a library available for every fucking retarded thing.
These guys have no fucking idea what PWM is, they have no idea how their magical delay function works. I am truly sick of these cunts, they have not even the remotest idea their "arduino IC" is an atmega

Attached: 72be8836.png (397x270, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

curious.boards.net/thread/27/why-people-arduino-summary-research
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ok

>people aren't allowed to enjoy things that are simple and easy to use
OP is a faggot.

I don't even rank normally but you guys have no idea how enraging it is to have someone who is obviously less knowledgeable than you act like they're literal tech gods.
The actual EE and electronics guys make incredible shit, this one guy made a fucking ISM band radio transmitter and receiver out of discrete components (no 555, no IC except OPAMPs), with decent gain and snr and with a filter circuit to filter everything outside the band. He made a version of "blinky", and it was amazing. That shit took a lot of hard work, and it was really cool.
Now the most depressing part was, when one of the arudino cretins came to know about it, his immediate response was, "wow that's cool man but why didn't he just use the RF module?"

CSEfag here. We had an Arduino project, and we read the datasheet. We didn't learn the model numbers by heart because only autists do that. Try again.

Reading the datasheet doesn't mean typing
#include
and pressing the play button

If you're so smart, post some of your shit. Come on boy. Let's see some pics.

Here's my favourite little baby.

Attached: attiny.jpg (600x600, 88K)

I know. What's your point?

>Hurrrrrrr things need to be hard as furkkkk only distinguished gentleman like myself can enjoy them
>*tips*

Attached: 1518369798109.png (544x529, 54K)

There's nothing wrong with making your life easier if you just need to whip up a small project and don't care enough to learn electronics, unless you're a fag e-celeb pretending to be smart for blinking an LED

Arduinos are also nice for some uses, such as low cost AVR programmer

>Arduinos are also nice for some uses, such as low cost AVR programmer
This. I usually prototype using my arduino and a breadboard before I whip out my STK600 card and buy a specific Atmel processor suited for my needs and program it.

>atmel
>not using based STM32F334 with 4GHz precision timer/pwm output

curious.boards.net/thread/27/why-people-arduino-summary-research

>If the reason you can do something in Arduino, is because someone has written you a library for it - or because you found a Sketch for it on the web: then what happens when you are trying to do a novel task nobody has turned into code? If you have not learned the intricacies of programming, and have been relying on copying and pasting code and making small changes, you might be at a loss doing certain extremely subtle things that it takes a kind of "real engineer" to do. For the same reason, these "real engineers" will avoid Arduino.

>But should you? After all, you're not this kind of "real engineer" - who can do a fast fourier transform on a 4 megapixel camera at 60 frames per second using a 256 byte buffer and a single bitshift, and send it over a rusty wire at two frames per crystal cycle using an obscure effect they read about four hundred pages into Nicola Tesla's autobiography - remember, they read ALL the documentation - so what are you even doing?

>There's certainly something to be said for spending 10 semesters getting a Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree. However, proponents of the Arduino might argue that there might be something to be said for reading a thermometer...without doing that first.

Quarter of my collection in all its glory
>red Dev board is a dual AVR (ATmega8, ATmega32) board from late 2011, probably some chink brand
>black board to the right is again probably a chink brand with 8052
>smaller blue board is an ARM STM32F103 based "blue pill", this is a good one
>small OLED display on the bottom left is a custom OLED + ESP8266 board that I made
>left is an esp8266 with a simple programming rig I made. Programming the ESP-01s is a pain

Attached: IMG_20180806_201225~01.jpg (3304x2268, 1.8M)

People like that (and like OP) are the same kind of people that complain that modern programming languages have made their archaic assembly skills obsolete.

nice blog where can i subscribe

Attached: Picture_of_Zilog_Z80_CPU_IC_for_Sinclair_ZX_Spectrum_and_Amstrand_8_bit_computers_RP4UJXMP3UDQ.png (1000x750, 568K)

that's l-lewd

It's nice that, unlike ARM MCUs, 8-bit AVRs run off 5V and are pretty tolerant of fluctuating voltage. Arduino clones are a cheap, standardized way to get those with a USB port and a reset button for a couple of bucks. I'm pretty fond of pic related.

Attached: a000053_featured_2.jpg (520x330, 33K)

The problem isn't that Arduino makes things easier, its that it gives normies a reason to be proud of and look down on everyone even though their skills are basically nonexistent and they're living in a bubble

>buy ready board
>I SO SMART!!
kek

Attached: 1533567276486.jpg (184x184, 5K)

>REEE NORMIES GET OUT STOP ENJOYING THINGS I ENJOY!!!!!

I have a couple of boards that I made myself too, but honestly I don't see why buying a board is bad

>it gives normies a reason to be proud
Okay.
>and look down on everyone
Does this actually happen in real life at a significant rate? Do they look down "on everyone" because they can program an Arduino? What I usually hear is "Yeah, I cannot into electronics, but I made this project thanks to Arduino and a library." The people who use it seem to think of themselves as handy DIYers, not self-taught electrical engineers.

>Does this actually happen in real life at a significant rate?
No, Jow Forums is just larping because their super "difficult" skills can now be done by a literal 12 year old girl koder.

>why not use an Xilinx Zynq

>small OLED display on the bottom left is a custom OLED + ESP8266 board that I made
>connect 4 pins
>I made!!!
>arduino shit REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1533567664400.png (657x527, 27K)

>Xilinx Zynq
Slight mispronunciation of this, and you risk summoning one of the Old Ones back from the void and cause a thousand years of darkness.

give me one example where arduino users think they know more than electrical engineers

>Glue a bunch of modules together to do the thing you need it to do.
Sounds like modern day web development.

That is the key to writing good VHDL hardware

No, I just want normies to stop being so condescending about things they're obviously ignorant about.
I can play happy birthday on the piano because I memorized the keying, but I don't claim

>what are pull up and pull down resistors
>what are caps for spike filtering
>what is hardware debouncing
>what is I2C bus and the plethora of bullshit it comes with (Wire.begin or whatever the fuck for you Arduino fags)
I don't claim its the best piece of engineering in the whole world unlike Arduino users, but at least it's something I created, of assembled at the least. I ran into several problems which I solved, and I'm proud of that

>No, I just want normies to stop being so condescending
When have you ever met a condescending normie that claims to know better than an electrical engineer? You're obviously LARPing yourself.

Too many people on Jow Forums think that using worse alternatives makes you a better programmer/engineer.

Is a carpenter who uses the most shitty worn down hammer a better carpenter? No, the one who builds a better chair is.

Attached: elon misk.png (575x413, 171K)

I agree with your first and second sentences, but your criteria for judging carpenters is wrong. Obviously the method also counts. If I buy a chair from Ikea and assemble it, I'm obviously not a carpenter even though I built a better chair than my DIY friend who went through the effort of finding materials, measuring, cutting, etc.

>Posts a CPU in a MC thread.
Please.

This, people are fucking retarded and need any way to feel superior so they use the shittiest possible option just because of epen and then they wonder why no one hires them.

stop liking stuff I don't like !!!!!!11!!11L

Sounds like he's an even bigger retard. Breadboarding faggots are worse than duino fags.

Fucking pleb,
Not mining your own silicon
Not synthesizing your own chips
What a faggot

Actually arduino is shit. It doesn't make things easy, it dumbs them down. You can easily make a blinking LED with arduino but you're gonna trip somewhere on these expensive abstractions when making a more complex project. In the end learning arduino doesn't make you any more knowledgeable about embedded programming so treating arduino as an entry to embedded programming is a waste of time. But yeah, it works as a toy. One good thing about arduino is that there are many cheap chinese boards now.

I've seen a case where arduino IDE would move structure declaration beyond a function that uses it and some guy from my course had trouble compiling his code (even though it seemed completely legit).

how do you get into embedded programming then? i used to program a bit on a msp430 at school, but i dont know how upgradeable that thing is.

You must find a wizard and plead him to make you his apprentice.

Do they make things that work? They're engineers. Period.

You're missing the point of Arduino. It's supposed to be fun, not some elitist tech skills showdown.

You sound autistic, calm the fuck down

You sound autistic, calm the fuck down

Just start with any MC arduino is fine too but program it in C or assembly instead of the arduino language thing

A mix between these two is imo a reasonable stance

Learning this boy. Omg I hate timers so much

Attached: PIC16F84A.png (312x209, 24K)

An arduino is a very useful tool and your hostilities are preventing you from recognizing one of the fastest invention prototyping platforms in existence.

If you hate arduino you're probably not an inventor with the need for one.

A raspberry pi is a great little Linux computer, but it doesn't offer the same level of PWM control and other IO standards like a mega would. I love my mega, I've built a farm with like a dozen sensors, a dozen actuators, and if you want me to use something else you can shove it.

Its a way to make something work. It doesn't always have to be the ideal way, its just a way to get there until you offer the same functions in a custom PCB by knowing your system built on arduino.

Are you doing homework?

Arduino is the python from the electrinics world.
I love it for building tools. It does not get in the way and gets the job done fast.

but Arduino Sketches are written in C

Also, what OP is failing to realize is that some of us are limited not by intelligence but by money. When you're just starting out with electronics, you want something that's fairly modular so you're not constantly frying components and needing to buy new ones. Maybe OP is rich, or has a dad who's into electronics and was able to show him the ropes. But for those of us who aren't as lucky, we gotta start somewhere.

>arduino language
Kek'd

Sure their basecode is written in C but writing programs with their language macros isn't really the same as only C without their libraries

I get paid for Arduino work.
Stay mad

Attached: 1515611937146.jpg (720x707, 26K)

>instruction set people with Down syndrome can learn in an hour
>32MHz intosc
>cheap as fuck
>a lot of good peripherals

Attached: medium-PIC12F1822-PDIP-8.png (312x335, 33K)

Response thread:

I like atttiny85

why mad

>avaliability/ease of use: bad
>making things harder for myself so i can stroke my e-penis: good

Attached: 1531805262677.png (727x1083, 270K)