Python Alternatives

I like python, but its brace-less syntax is annyoing. I find it harder to read because of this. Is there another language that I could use for fast command line applications

Attached: images.png (318x159, 3K)

literally any language has argparse functionality.
A thread died for your stupid question.

Fuck off summerfag

Perl 6,go or nim.

>hey dude just use Scala.

Python has optional braces. The syntax is a bit odd, but you will get used to it.
Instead of { and } you use #{ and #}

kek

the only reason I like braces more is that I can vomit the code without indentation and let the auto-formatter handle it

csh kek
You want Interpreted? Compiled?

Unironically Ruby

the ultimate chad language

Python is for Math my nigga.
Go elsewhere for other shit.

idfk ruby?

>for math
I wouldn't say so.

MATLAB is the go to for anything DSP, C# is what the majority of finance stuff is done in, R is the primary language for statistics and so on.

Python fills a proof-of-concept for machine learning niche.

Lua

Attached: 1528631547870.png (573x892, 213K)

if you know py just go with ruby, dont listen to the jobless fags that plague Jow Forums

Imagine the levels of autism you would have to reach to be bothered by the lack of braces.

Attached: 200w.gif (200x235, 1.29M)

I hate that being autistic is a meme here.

Attached: Retard6.jpg (489x400, 106K)

That's down syndrome.

Perl

>brace-less syntax is annyoing. I find it harder to read because of this
I don't get it.

The only people who use matlab are old maths professors who hate computers. Python is increasingly becoming the go-to language for scientific computation when performance isn't critical. When it is, you write up some C++/FORTRAN to speed up the bottlenecks.

protip: try this in python
from __future__ import braces

a good number of people describe ruby as "python with braces"

Perl.

Perl can be perfectly readable if you control your autism and don't try to cram everything into a single line just because you can.

I seen some guy who did this unironically on youtube and the comments were trashing him for it.

>oh I come from a C background I just can't adapt!

>boomer detected
please never use perl ever again, it's like one of those early-90's pieces of garbage like php or javascript that nobody likes any more

fuck off summerfag

Attached: samespider.png (797x400, 326K)

>C# is what the majority of finance stuff is done in

No. Finance is predominately C++.

Golang

This
> R is the primary language for statistics
but its shit

a shitton, both old and new if you don't care so much about having tons of libraries

Lisp

That's because there is no braces in th OP post

Wow thanks user, it works!

Haskell my nigga