Android 9 Pie

Thoughts?

Attached: Android 9 Pie.png (1089x622, 611K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2018/02/26/iphone-battery-class-action-lawsuits-consolidation/
youtu.be/Kqo42HPyvaA?t=54s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no.

yes.

Can we stop putting AI in fucking everything?

Pies

I might own a device running this by 2021, by which time I will have forgotten whatever it was that set it apart from the previous iterations of Android.

I'm still on 7, what the fuck.

Powered by (((AI)))

lenovo?

Will it fit on my 16gb SD410 phone when the pajeets port it in 5-6 months?

Hopefully it will improve battery performance somewhat.

Your fault for buying a device with a locked bootloader.

On 4 here

Looks like iphone fisher price shit

Samsung

You know what would improve battery performance? If phones stopped connecting to Google's servers every 10 seconds to steal data and download ads.

Percentage of current phones that have Android 9 or will receive it as an update: 0%

Attached: 1531864316354.jpg (640x480, 54K)

Cool meme.

At least custom ROMs exist.

Percentage of iPhones that will work after the malware lagOS 12 "update": 0%

android does this too, only good thing is that you can always install a custom ROM to one-up the manufacturers.

this was meant for

The important question is will custom ROMs include that shit as well?

Good for them. I'm still on Android 5.0 though because the manufacturer doesn't give a shit and I don't see any reason to buy a new phone.

Include what?

AI powered botnet.

how did you manage to find your way onto this website?

>adapts to you
Yeah right, somehow these stupid normie """smart""" functions always just fuck up my workflow and I have to get out of my way to disable them.

>using 3rd party OS developed my lonely Indian men on XDAforums
What's your point again?

by AI they mean offline machine learning algorithms for system apps

>What's your point again?
Trying to filter these worthless replies somehow. Also, GSIs exist.

These new reports seem to work.

lmao

Attached: Screenshot_20180806-152137.png (1440x2880, 80K)

How is gesture navigation compared to buttons?

skynet

is speck enabled?

this, i'm still on my 4 year old Oneplus One with android 8.1 latest security patch

i'm not using it

nope

Meanwhile, the 2013 Apple iPhone 5S already has the latest iOS update.

OK.

And is damn near unusable.

OK.

>latest iOS update.
That's a strange way to spell malware killswitch.

Attached: 1520472351967.jpg (1198x836, 249K)

>Powered by (insert latest trendy management buzzword here)

It's the new Cloud. AKA utterly meaningless and nothing more than a rebrand of technologies that already exist

Attached: squashed ugh pepe.png (399x400, 13K)

The botnet settles deeper in my ass mhm yes

Tfw just got Oreo on 4 year old phone with Lineage

Attached: 1506652537217.gif (262x323, 1.34M)

Cool. Do you know what it also has? Battery throttling.

kek

What? It's not Windows Phone, user.

Attached: Screenshot_20180806-213912.png (1080x1920, 105K)

remember when kitkat had a dark theme, was space efficient and didn't look like a fucking ios clone?

>by AI they mean offline machine learning algorithms for system apps

But how is this useful at all? A simple macro app would have more functionality.

Why such a boring fucking name? Pie?

Specially nothing by lenovorola. Those take ages to update to a newer version. Moto G5 only got Oreo now and custom ROMs are fucking terrible.

It's a pun on pAI

pinkie pie :^)

>that feel when holo ui style is dead

Buzzwords. What will most likely happen: the launcher will do stuff based on your location and time, no changes to the actual OS.

Percentage of iPhones that will ever get a real operating system: 0%.

What would you call it?

peppermint
parfait

Pretzel.

It's a really stupid pun

Pop tarts

pie is pixel without the x and l

why is the time on the left now
it makes no sense

hello

Counting on custom ROMs to save me from this bullshit(even though I'm getting an official update).

but it has iOS. I can't do anything with that. I can't even use a terminal. If I wanted to read manga scans, I'd have to buy an app off some website, then jailbreak my iPhone to run it. If I wanted to sideload things, it would be impossible. I love apple, but the iPhone is really fucking lame and boring compared to Android devices.

Notch

Anyone who has Android Pie already, how is gesture navigation compared to buttons?

>tfw when still waiting for official los 15.1 for hammerhead but mako received it months ago

It sucks, 1+ did it better.

it feels half baked

Personalized use. So no, it wouldn't have more functionality. Your suggestion would be limited to general vague observations.

Like everything else android does, half assed.
BB10 did it better, webos did it better, even fucking ios does it better. Literally don't get how google gets so much wrong. It's not even as if people are like "WE NEED GESTURES NOW". They could have taken their sweet time and released it with the next major version.

And it doesn't come with the cool features that are on the latest phone but just makes the phone unusable.
Made me reply 6/10

It's just that you don't even have to use these gestures by default. They're opt-in.

this is false
2/10 made me reply

>can no longer change wifi network from notification dropdown, have to open wifi settings

who the fuck approved this

Attached: 1462380994665.png (656x692, 714K)

bgr.com/2018/02/26/iphone-battery-class-action-lawsuits-consolidation/
All these lawsuits are false as well, right?

>icuck banned

Attached: 1514561395549.jpg (303x302, 24K)

Everything else they're changing to coincide gestures isn't opt in, like the recents screen. So yeah, google loves making shitty decisions.

Exactly.
Linus Throvalds said he liked computers because they did what he told them to do and ONLY that.

Not anymore I guess.

youtu.be/Kqo42HPyvaA?t=54s

oh yes, iphones get support for longer than 2 years and batteries degrade - lawsuit happens
google's own damn phones are only guaranteed 18 months of support, not counting the MESS they made of the nexus line by making the final two devices a battery draining bootlooping mess - no lawsuits happen
HMMMMMM it's almost as if iPhone users expect the best but android users are used to complete unusable trash

I mean, do you log into every available wifi service with your phone? I only log into ones I trust.

Perfect timing. My Essential Phone just so happened to arrive today.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.8M)

Nah, I've got two different networks in my home, one on the first floor and one on the second, and the phone isn't very smart at figuring out which one I'm on

Oh yea that will totally improve battery life. More like it will be turned off by default in the better custom roms.

>buying an essential phone in august of 2018
But why/

>oh yes, iphones get support for longer than 2 years and batteries degrade - lawsuit happens
And this is somehow a good thing?
>google's own damn phones are only guaranteed 18 months of support, not counting the MESS they made of the nexus line by making the final two devices a battery draining bootlooping mess - no lawsuits happen
>HMMMMMM it's almost as if iPhone users expect the best but android users are used to complete unusable trash
Who cares when "Google's own damn phones" and other devices have custom ROM support?

You're not saying anything new. Your post is just as insightful as mine.

>t. itoddler

Attached: 1510944875034.jpg (800x2290, 675K)

90 year old boomers are irrelevant

>Powered by AI
What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

Attached: Djv6ZzDU8AUChwB.jpg (565x800, 80K)

Google Assistant replaced by Kizuna AI when?

Why does it look so much like iOS?

penis