Why does this man accept into the kernel crypto contributions from the NSA?

Why does this man accept into the kernel crypto contributions from the NSA?

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

itsfoss.com/nsas-encryption-algorithm-in-linux-kernel-is-creating-unease-in-the-community/
spinics.net/lists/linux-crypto/msg33291.html
geek-and-poke.com/geekandpoke/2010/12/21/the-free-model.html
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=da7a0ab5b4babbe5d7a46f852582be06a00a28f0).
youtube.com/watch?v=ulg_AHBOIQU
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=No-Speck-Yes-HPolyC-Encryption
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because all of the smart math guys work for the NSA

Because it works and the code has been reviewed and validated? ... brainlet

Because the NSA knows math, unlike all of the google faggots who currently contribute to the kernel.

itsfoss.com/nsas-encryption-algorithm-in-linux-kernel-is-creating-unease-in-the-community/

spinics.net/lists/linux-crypto/msg33291.html

It's a Google project now, and what they demand, they get. You are free to switch to Windows.

Bullshit. Google won't be needing Linux at some point in the future. They'll have Fuchsia.

It's an encryption algorithm, not a backdoor. If you think it is, prove it.

Like they didn't need Youtube because they had Google Videos? I am not sure where you are going with this one, honestly.

If it's not compromised then why has the NSA refused to document it properly like they have with other standards they push to the public?

Google doesn't actually care or use the linux kernel for any real good reason, they're just applying political pressure from within the community to subvert it and get good boy points from the nsa. Mark my words google will be the end of foss.

What is android?

a botnet pet project and their attempt to take over more of your life for """""""""""advertising"""""""""""""

The Linux foundation is run by evil people
BSD may be a meme but it's safer

You're trying to draw connections using circumstantial details. Claiming that because of the creator of the algorithm or the information surrounding it, it must be compromised. What you need to do to not sound like a conspiracy nut is to PROVE that it's fucked. I can prove that Systemd is fucked. I've got infographics showing how it bricks motherboards and has hardcoded Google DNS addresses. I can point to the LoC and argue that it's too much for the scope of an init system. I can find bugs that were NOTABUG, WONTFIXed by Poettering. I can give evidence of its flaws.

If you want to convince me and others that are skeptical of your point that this contribution to the kernel is a backdoor, show me.

they still have google videos
it's called youtube now

Something that Fuchsia plans to replace.

forgot to add that you reminded me google videos was a thing, i had completely forgotten about it

ok you fags are interesting
I told you 1 year and 8 months ago Linux Foundation wasn't interested in making a better kernel and better software and improving/developing security software and/or fixing linux bloatware issue

But you had to wait almost 2 years for google to enter in the game to realize this

It's not a problem if you compile your own kernel

Did you even read the link you posted.
"Before you panic or form wrong conclusions, you should know that Speck is not a backdoor."
>Third sentence in.

>removing bad code from a bad project fix things
no

nobody is saying it's a backdoor. they're saying it's intentionally weakened crypto. do your fucking research before spouting off about things we already know.

you're not a conspiracy theorist when the contributor has a strong track record for fucking strangers in the ass. perhaps you were comatose the past decade.

I'm not convinced it's a backdoor, I'm convinced they haven't proved it's safe for me to use, so I'll just keep using something else that is provably safe.
You're correct, I'm skeptical of the NSA's moral compass based on circumstance. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm perfectly comfortable judging an organization based on it's history. That doesn't mean I'll refuse to be proven wrong.
I have no delusions of being some mathematical genius who will uncover their wrongdoing, so I wait for someone qualified who I can reasonably trust to take a look at it for me. It's a compromise, yes, but that's the best I've got.

Also, I want to point out that I'm not claiming this is some huge backdoor that completely compromises the whole kernel. I'm saying that I wouldn't trust the security of something encrypted using this particular crypto protocol.

Nothing is free.
That could be a new interpretation of this:
geek-and-poke.com/geekandpoke/2010/12/21/the-free-model.html

Yeah, it's a simple fix, but the problem remains that this isn't the kind of behavior we expect from the Linux kernel, and that sucks.

>contributions from the NSA?
No. It is an IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ALGORITHM.

There is zero evidence that the algorithm is weakened it just so happens that the NSA has the funding to do such research and intentionally weakening the algorithms used is pretty bad idea since it requires one smart guy to figure out how it is weak.

Actually people are claiming it's a backdoor, and when challenged, they back off and claim they were only pretending to be retarded.

To be clear, I'm talking about Speck.

It's not meant to be 'weak', it's meant to be computationally inexpensive and be 'pretty good'.

>perhaps you were comatose the past decade.
No I wasn't. But I also know that the NSA has done some good stuff in the past. SELinux and the SHA hash algorithms as an example.
>nobody is saying it's a backdoor. they're saying it's intentionally weakened crypto.
So what's the problem? Did they take out AES support? Does the kernel now force you to use this for your encryption?

Because it's something google wanted for their low power phones.

they'll kill his childs.

So basically /thread? Are people really upset over this little fucking thing that's easily explainable and makes sense? Holy shit

AHAHAHAH YOU FUCKING IDIOT. THE SPECK COMMIT WAS MADE BY ERIC BIGGERS FROM GOOGLE'S ANDROID TEAM (git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=da7a0ab5b4babbe5d7a46f852582be06a00a28f0). The absolute state of pro-NSA brainlets.

people who pointlessly quote everyone in thread are the biggest retards
here is the (You) you fucking attention whore

here's one for (You) too

So he doesn't feel bad and suicides like that BSD guy.

Alright, I admit it. You showed me up. Whoever you are.

It's not always easy to prove that there are no back doors.

youtube.com/watch?v=ulg_AHBOIQU

Idc as long as he's churning out those scrapyard wars episodes.

Just came in.

Google Decides Not To Use Speck For Disk Encryption, Instead Developing HPolyC

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=No-Speck-Yes-HPolyC-Encryption

Those sleazy fuckers!

Brainlet here (I use apple devices and voted democrat). What is speck and why is it bad? What is the purpose of speck? What would be a better choice?

-Sent from my iPhone xTreme HiV edition (signed by Hillary Clinton, it was HER turn)

>Make "safe" algorithm
>Figure out an insanely obtuse way to break it.
>Publish it saying it is "secure"

This has happen, and will continue to happen.

$ zgrep "SPECK" /proc/config.gz
# CONFIG_CRYPTO_SPECK is not set

i bet the NSA sent goons to threaten him with violence (or worse) if he did not comply, so he has to play ball or get his knees broken with a baseball bat

if it was me i would catch the next flight back to Finland and make a press release telling the world what a bunch of SOBs the US Government is

Maybe he wants to know what people do with his kernel?

Attached: archbotnet.png (1200x500, 32K)

examples? is this real or are you talking out of your ass?

Google wanted it to encrypt low power phones with android

what if im autistic

>Be me, a Not Subtle Asshat
>Submit sperg encryption to ISO for auditing.ini
>Refuse to comply with specific documentation requests
>Get rejected
You're mentally ill.

Here is your (You)

that's not how crypto algorthims work, you can't just look at a new algorithm and say it's good until cannot be proven otherwise with time