Pixel 3 will only have gesture-based navigation, no traditional software buttons

gsmarena.com/pixel_3_will_only_have_gesturebased_navigation_no_traditional_software_buttons-news-32621.php

The X cancer is spreading.

Attached: pixel 3 gesture.png (590x477, 292K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UXUB7TB_L5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>get into car wreck
>screen cracks
>can't call 911 without cutting fingers open
psshh... nothin personnel kid

Google is such a shit company. They had a chance to make actually decent high end android phones and they just make knock off iPhones because they don't understand that people who want iPhone are going to buy iPhone and not their copy cat garbage.

And how exactly would a software button have helped you in that situation?

What does this mean? What's the difference between gesture navigation and software buttons?

It means you you use a button to go home or a button to switch apps. You use gestures, for example on the iPhone you swipe up from the bottom to go home and swipe left or right on the bottom to switch apps

That sounds fucking retarded. Anyway thanks for explaining.

Well, with Android phones, you get to enjoy features that Apple won't "invent" for another 3-5 years.

>get into a car wreck
>botnet knows you're in a car wreck
>calls 911 for you
>detects no pulse
>monitors brain activity
>declares you dead
>calls morgue
>makes funeral arrangements
Very personnel kid

Attached: 1481102091777.jpg (1050x703, 277K)

>Okay Google, call the emergency number.

No the botnet prevents your car crash to keep getting your advertising dollars.

Depends how much the funeral industry is bidding

THEY ARE COPYING MAEMO AND SAILFISH OS JUST LIKE APPLE DID

But, Nokia/Jolla phone hardware was designed for those gestures and didn't have 6.8 inch screens.

>breaks give out on the interstate
>google car detects this and instead of immediately letting off the gas, turning on the hazards, and steering onto the shoulder; it starts a virtual "auction" where AI agents representing various advertising, medical, and funerary corporations bid to determine your fate
>advertising AI outbids the others, the revenue it thinks you will generate by watching ads in your lifetime is more than the cost of your hospital bill if you live and more than the cost of your funeral if you don't
>after determining this, the car drives you to safety
>google makes a small amount of money this way for every dangerous situation one of their cars could avoid

>get into catastrophic world altering 9-11esque accident

>can't call 9-1-1

Fucking google!

>death rate of old or very sick people in car accidents is 97%

If this is anything like the gestures on the Moto home button then you faggots have nothing to worry about. I haven't looked back after being able to swipe backwards to go back, tap for home, or swipe forward to open the app carousel

HEY GOOGLE

CALL 911

Dipshits

>death rate of known ad block users is %100
>people with major health issues surround themselves with ads at all times to protect themselves

Car crashes draw eyes. Add a screen to your car and the botnet has an incentive to cause occasional wrecks, and then display ads on your car.

I'm sorry. I couldn't understand your query. Could you repeat that?

I used fake forcetouch gestures instead of the hidden navbar on my rooted nexus5 till I moved to nougat. Still missing it. This has nothing to do with the fagbrand.

>scientists confirm that watching ads 10 hours per day increase lifespan by 36%
>google's new moto: an ad a day keeps doctors away

Has this been the masterplan of Tesla Inc. all along?

Attached: iPad on wheels.png (1694x880, 990K)

>playing Led Zeppelin - when the Levee breaks

>By 2050, the health risks associated with drinking the bare minimum of 12 verification cans a day are overshadowed by the rate of death in self-driving cars for those who don't watch enough ads
>hospitals install huge adscreens to increase chances of survival

>pharmacy companies starts selling advertising pills for sick people
>pills which injects ads to patients' dreams works better than drugs
>or was it an ad..?

So you're saying they can't just have a setting to enable software buttons like I can on my Pixel 2?

This sounds half-baked dumb journalism.

>google assistant is a software button

Attached: idiot.png (499x338, 38K)

Where are the pedals?

Attached: 1530991338510.png (680x521, 94K)

>Google Assistant is voice activated
>What is "Hey Google"
Who's the fucking idiot now

And WebOS.
The similarities are now uncanny.

I don't know a single person excited for the Pixel 3.

You must use an iPhone to be this retarded.

>2016

>I don't know a single person voting for Trump.

Your inner circle is not a significant survey.

I'm not American so that statement holds true.

This got me

I'm still on an N6. I just want a reasonable vanilla android. Hopefully the rumoured cheapo P3 does it.

>ugly chin
>ugly notch
wew lad

youtube.com/watch?v=UXUB7TB_L5g

OH NO NONONONONONO!!!!

>every company now copies apple which copied from sailfishOS which copied from webOS

Attached: Screenshot_20180807_001.png (1080x1920, 735K)

isnt it 'ok google'

it's so fucking useful especially with android auto

Kek

Extra add on

What kind of fragile skin do you have for it to get damaged so easily from cracked Gorilla Glass?

Oh, wow, look at that, everyone's catching up with Ubuntu touch.

That's a picture of the pixel 2 xl you stupid fuck.

If Apple doesn't innovate anymore, why does everyone still copy everything they do?

Post wall

Attached: 1521680550884.jpg (3840x1600, 1.58M)

>literally copying ios
Fucking hell

>Posting this in a thread that's literally about a feature iOS made popular first

Who cares? It's not like those were ever worth buying. Sub 3000 mAh batteries for the longest time, ridiculously overpriced, no micro SD card slots, no 3.5mm audio jacks and now notches. Dead on arrival for anyone with common sense.

>people are already bitching about how the gestures in P are somehow worse than the optional ones in O
>Google forces it as the only option on their trash phone

honestly Google sois deserve it

>tfw only viable options for android phones are chink shit or samsung

Why do Android companies feel the need to copy everything Apple does, including the things people don't like that much? Everytime I see a fucking Android phone with the retarded notch, I want to throw it out the fucking window.

Attached: 1532480287201.png (444x510, 293K)

This time it's the double notch + chin
see

They think if their phone is like an iPhone then it'll sell more. Most of the time they're wrong.

As if gesture navigation was new
Aosp extended have had it since forever

Are we at the point now where technology having entirely software-based buttons is considered traditional?

What kills me is this was Google's opportunity to go to the next step and have a true mainstream near-bezeless phone and completely show up Apple. Personally I think the whole "Race to no bezels" is retarded but if you're going to do it, then at least do it well. Apple didn't do it well, it was horrible. It blows me away that Google decided to copy instead of innovate.

Attached: Vivo-APEX-hands-on-8.jpg (600x449, 32K)

/thread

Smartphones have reached the point that instead of actual quality of life improvements, they're looking for superficial shit to change to make it look cool. A regular smartphone has already reached its maximum level of functionality. Now all the companies are just looking for ways to make it as high tech as possible, even at the cost of convenience for the end-user.

> real button --> captive button >software buttons --> gestures

we have reach the point where technology is no longer help full but detrimental to the destruction of humanity as we know it via making convoluted shit features.

Does that really blow you away? Does any of this shit really surprise you?

Pixels have the best cameras, no touch jizz, and fast updates. They got the Android P update just yesterday. S9 or S8 will never get Android P.

Now if Samsung came out with the S10 that had Android One, I would buy it.

software buttons are crao anyway, they always felt a bit cheap. welcome change IMO

>Implying consumers have common sense

>verification cans
thanks for the nostalgia

Attached: 1438702957515.jpg (620x693, 46K)

>fuck notches
>fuck headphone jacks
>fuck dual front facing cameras
place your bets for google's next teen titans trailer quotes

as if this isnt by design

oh no your year old cellphone froze and you cant press a physical button to fix it? better get a new one!

> HEY GOOGLE. I NEED BLACK COCK IN MY ASS, STAT !!!

Fuck rechargeable batteries

Attached: check em.gif (366x360, 1.97M)

Wrong. I've a boner after seeing pic of Pixel 3. You know me here on /g. There you know someone you likes Pixel 3.

inb4 you can't touch my boner

$0.05 has been deposited to your google play account.

Don't be loyal to brands or manufacturers. Choose a device with an unlockable bootloaders and no downsides similar to the ones on Pixel devices.

I dont hate hand gestures in themselves, or hate them being included as an option, but it is way too young in their life currently to be thrown onto a phone as the only option. If there was a setting between strictly hand gestures, strictly software buttons or both I would be totally supportive of it.

This however is retarded

It's both in English.

The hard press home button on the Note 8 feels awesome.
It feels just like pressing a physical button with a very distinct click.
They should just make all buttons like that.

> no headphone jack, no sd card slot, stupid notch and worse bezels than a generation old samsung
>have to wait for two newer versions of an os to get the same features that samsung already has
>Google always has bugs they ignore and never patch (bluetooth issues, assistant is currently fucked up on P if you're one of those weirdos that uses it)

b-bu-but muh fast updates

applel also made smartphones popular first despite being the last to get it done

>Dead on arrival for anyone with common sense.
yes, now tell me which are more, people with common sense or retards? i'll give you a hint, Apple still exists

I'm aware of this. Sadly, Jow Forums as a whole at this point isn't.