E-readers

What's the best 8" ereader?

Attached: Daylight_pairing_960x960_434c009f-281c-46fb-a3bc-db75c1869d6e.jpg (960x960, 89K)

Nothing beats a paperback. Battery life is impressive.

why such a big one? the amazon paperwhite is great.

I still have a sony prs-300.
It is 5 inches and looks good. Better than the non paperwhite in dpi. Much slower though.

I have a 7" tablet I currently use for reading. I think it's a bit small. Can't imagine using anything smaller.

Your eReader is bigger than most paperback books.

>still no color e-reader for comics

Attached: Rip_and_tear.png (600x473, 743K)

Yea but you can only use 1 at a time. Imagine travelling with a library in 1 device that emulates paper.

Amazon touch still works fine and its great. Used they are super cheap.

Make one then.

I have a Kindle Oasis because I travel a lot for my job and can spend months in different countries. Saves lugging around books.

I do miss the feel of paper.

I'm really tempted to get an ereader, only because I use my phone to read books, PDF's of books, and the like atm.

are there any ereaders out there that can read a pdf? any way i can transfer those files to?

Just carry around a a piece of paper and touch it every now and then. Problem solved.

Just go for 10, trust me, you'll love it.

Attached: kindle_vs_onyx.jpg (3522x2314, 1.99M)

kek

Brilliant. I am going to tape paper to my eReader.

>600USD for a fucken eReader

no

iPad

It's the N96ML. It was like a little over $300 when I got it. Not much choice when you're getting a 10inch e-reader.

I just bought an Onyx Note S. They fucking sent me a broken one without the electromagnetic layer. So now I'm returning it.

How is the Note? I've heard the plastic screen scratches really easy when writing on it.

Nevermind, just noticed that wasn't a Note. Still a plastic screen though so I guess my question stands.

I don't know much about the Note. But this model(N96ML) doens't have pressure sensitivity. It's mostly pretty jagged but very quick and responsive. You can also highlight and copy and paste. The drawing is very basic but can be useful. I have mixed feelings about it being stylus only; on one hand it's useful when drawing because you don't turn pages or zoom when you don't want to but if you lose your stylus, it's basically a paperweight.

Attached: onyx_write.jpg (2601x3680, 952K)

Kindle Manga, better speed and 32GB. Only available from Japanese amazon, can be bought from ebay.

Are there any reasonably priced lower budget Onyx readers?

I wish they'd put out $50 / $100 or so low budget readers

What kind of budget are you looking at? I don't think the Onyx readers are budget friendly unfortunately. Most of the models I've seen are $200+, and that's just for 6 inch readers. They are nice because they have Android for the OS, which makes it flexible. If $50-100 is your budget, you'll have to make some compromises. I was going to go the Kindle DX route before I found out about the model I bought.

If you want it purely for books, the DX might be a nice option since it's very large, but it is dated and the screen refresh is slow by today's standards. Also no expandable memory, so you're stuck with 4 GB. But at $120-150(currently on eBay) it's probably the best priced 10 inch e-reader you can get, albeit much older.

It all really depends on what you want to use your e-reader for.

I hate the size of paperbacks.

Seems Boox makes the best Android e-ink tablets for ~10" and up. Wish they had lighting, though. Kind of dumb to make e-readers nowadays without frontlighting.

That's probably true. But there are a lot of models that come with backlights. Mine does. The weird thing is that Onyx makes so many models that it gets confusing to know which is worth buying over the other.

sorry, meant frontlights

I don't see how the size of a book even matters. Once you get into a book it doesn't matter.

I have the Kobo Aura Limited Edition. I have never had anything that even comes close to it. I keep my entire library one it but if you dont have as many books or dont care about managing what you have on your eReader at any one time you can get the Aura 1 that has 8gb and its literally the same thing.

>tfw dropped my phone on my kindle after I got sick of the flip cover and took it out of the case and now the rightmost page turn button is fucky.
I kind of want an aura one but I don't use it enough to warrant upgrading something that works good enough.

Once you are ready to upgrade there will be something better than the aura one. I dont plan on upgrading for years and years.

With the aura one I have about 48 hours of continues battery life, high enough resolution and eInk quiality that it looks like a real book page and enough storage space for 20000+ books. I dont know why I would upgrade unless it breaks.

i got a kobo aura HD because of pdfs, though it's still pretty shit for that. Learned that if im going to read pdfs, i should stick with a tablet or even my smaller phone just because it's so fucking slow with e-ink. I was using stock firmware though so eh there's that too.

I want to get a kobo aura HD because of the expandable storage, a second hand one is going for $88 usd. Convince me not to buy it.

Tolino is cute! CUTE!

Attached: 31ovpjQeG7L.jpg (332x500, 16K)

Wait untill they anounce the lenovo yoga book 2.
If one of the screens is eink like some rumors say it will be the perfect portable device. (Lets just hope linux can be installed...)