Comfy 30 yo boomer tech

*crack*
i remember how pissed my dad got...
*sip*
when i recorded south park over his star trek TOS tapes

Attached: highdef.jpg (600x665, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DjikLCPeUdo
vice.com/en_au/article/mb45gp/a-whole-museums-worth-of-computer-history-is-headed-for-sydney-landfill
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*crack*
Did i ever tell you about space invaders and pitfall?
*sip*
Now THOSE were when video games were real

Attached: Atari-2600-Wood-4Sw-Set.jpg (1200x701, 104K)

how the fuck did you old people use phones this huge?

>recorded pokemon over my parent's wedding
and I meant it

The kids will be asking you the same. There's gonna be folding paper.

pissed off my dad by installing 4MB DOOM on his 10MB HDD. It only had 3MB left.

*100MB drive

My dad got into deep shit with my mum for recording some F1 race over a video recording of me saying my first words

*crack*
remember how having one of these...
*sip*
was so cool ?

Attached: 8885fbc7d30b4a655ca3ea3ea8176e7e.jpg (580x643, 53K)

"It shit again"
*shake*
"It died"

still mad that I lost my gigapet

I have one still in the packaging. It’ll be worth something someday!

youtube.com/watch?v=DjikLCPeUdo
Vid very much related.

topkek

honestly, i have no idea what that was
tldr?

Remember the chick that died trying to feed it.

Now people die texting

RIP BOOMER TECH GUYS
can we save em?
vice.com/en_au/article/mb45gp/a-whole-museums-worth-of-computer-history-is-headed-for-sydney-landfill

Attached: 1533607427504-shutterstock_643136725.png (2000x1124, 1.23M)

It's picked clean off the good stuff.

>vice
go away.

But my appartment is already a boomer tech landfill

Also Dave from EEVblog already did a video on it and is right, everyone already took the good stuff. What's left are boxes of moldy documentation, faulty 5-ton niche equipment like microcontroller development kits with missing components and dumb terminals from the 70s that nobody wants.

>Remember my parents where always recording stuff
>know of the recorders, where you select a recording channel and you can watch some other program in the mean time
>did not know we did not have such a device
>my parents had multible tv recordings, with random cartoons in them

*crack*
Getting up at 5am and playing Sonic 2 really quietly in the lounge. Four year old me got up to Wing Fortress Zone once, and I was so fucking proud.
*sip*

It's hard to see in this photo, but on the second shelf of the metal rack there is my Playstation 2. It's the best console because it was the last before internet became a part of gaming. Back then, games were finished when you bought them.

Attached: DSC_1087.jpg (3840x2160, 1.62M)

QBert

weeb

Just reinstalled Windows 3.1 and dune on my 286....

>gigapet
In retrospect it sucks compared to a real tamagotchi

I played one of those at a friends house when I was like 8. I already had an NES, though, so I saw it more as a curiosity than anything else. Still played it, though. He had that god-awful Kool-aid man game.

Fucking christ I wonder how much that thing weighs. My tiny CRT I got for 10 bucks weighs 35kg.

Welcome to Jow Forums. The english version of 2chan.

>this is the equivalent of onions for boomers

>be me
>building a new computer
>get a friend who knows alot more about assembling computers than I to come with me to Micro Center
>just getting a power supply and a graphics card
>he walks around, smelling everything
>hes one of "those guys"
>have tolerence of a saint and ignore the autism in him
>go to cashiers to check out
>autismbro proceeds to rants to 18 yo cashier about his times coming to micro center

*crack*
I remember when micro center used to sell...
*sips*
CRT monitors and DVDs had just came out

mfw

Attached: avoid_these_horrid_haircuts_640_03.jpg (600x591, 33K)

To be fair to your dad though, it's your mom's fault that she married an idiot.

Windows 3.1 was my actual first OS
It would crash sometimes loading from DOS kek

>Record first 60 mins of a football game on VHS
>Change the clocks so dad gets up 5 hours late
>Play the tape
>He thinks he's watching it live
>Tape ends and static shows
>Start laughing hysterically

Attached: 1531532688483.gif (633x758, 23K)

*schlurph* ahhh... I remember when I got my first smartphone. had a whole three hours of battery life and could even open a web browser!

Attached: sony-ericsson-p908-01[1].jpg (450x600, 42K)

YOU DID WHAT?

Attached: tilted.jpg (213x107, 6K)

*crack*
*deep breath*
*sip*

Attached: 1520383760436.jpg (1920x1080, 377K)

*crack*
still mad about how...
*sip*
i died of dystentary

Attached: ayhoMFM.jpg (5312x2988, 2.84M)

this is actual 60yo boomer tech
30 yo boomer tech is classic iPods, PS2, iBooks, and aiwa bookshelf stereos

Dibs on the IBM 1401, that's a man's computer

People just took the most of the trendy light stuff that can be easily sold. Dave still found a TRS-80, an Amiga 2000, and a VIC-20. There's still interesting things like DEC PDP stuff and tons of books and manuals.

>30 yo boomer tech is PS2

I'm 32 and my first vidya system was an Atari 2600. NES existed but was too much money for my folks. You're off by a couple generations there.

30 y\o boomer tech is snes, genesis, and ps1

I'm 20 and when I was 8 this was all the rage. Why are y'all calling this a boomer tech?

The 30 year old slavic boomer's tech are chinky famiclones and 486 PCs

do something about those cables, homie

It's the English version of Futabu channel which is the edgy shut-in version of 2channel. 2channel is also 5channel now.

A man reminiscents about the great Atari 2600 games of his childhood but realizes that nostalgia is a hell of a drug and they were actually pretty shit

The 2600 had such limited hardware so the games were pretty shit. Anything older than the 5200 or Colecovision is hard to appreciate

Manly hands

Like your dick, hopefully

I remember how disappointed my dad was when his cassette of the soundtrack of The Mission I was listening to at the time got stuck in the player and I tore it getting it out. I learned how to fix ripped tape that day.

Attached: sony teevee.jpg (3840x2160, 2.74M)

*tsk*
beautiful
*schlurp*

I like it. If the AR cart color being different bothers you, you can build an internal region switch mod and then get a generic memory card or 1M/4M cart instead.

Loving the Trinitron. Are those smaller CRT's RGB, by chance?

*sip*

Attached: teenage_engineering_te010bl030_po_30_metal_series_pocket_1386013.jpg (750x750, 110K)

I have that same VCR, my Raiders tape got stuck in it yesterday

ITT zoomers pretending to be millennials (yoomers) by posting xoomer technology.

>zoomer
>yoomer
>xoomer
fuck off tumblr

This is a boomer meme thread, isn't it?

I recently bought a 100hz woodgrain TV just for old consoles on the german craigslist equivalent, it's pretty nostalgic to play Battle City or SMB on it.

t. roomer

>t. woman

>folding
>not rolling
Y'all zoomers don't even smoke dank memes

that's actually really smart

This. 30yo boomer. PS1 was everything to me. RE:DC and RE2, RE3 and also, the first couple years of games on the PS2 (RE:CE, TWisted Metal Black). Obviously, original HALO:CE on original Xbox.

Windows XP and Windows 98 SE were my favs. WinMX, Kazaa and Limewire (mainly WinMX - the chat on it was awesome). mIRC. Angelfire and Geocities. FanFiction.net was THE place to write any fan fic.

*sip*
Those were goodtimes.

Because there's an invasion of literal children from /v/eddit forcing the 30 year old boomer meme.

Attached: Bart et Milhouse.png (223x275, 17K)

t. noomer

Wow, it's Limmy reference IRL.
*sip*
back in my day you never saw those anywhere.
*sip*
Netflix ruins all my small communities.
*sip*

>i don't like thing
>LE REDDIT

I'll pour one out for you, user. *sip*

Attached: 1530300246542.jpg (1200x1200, 299K)

Literally what the fuck is this thing?

Attached: NewBack.jpg (2288x1256, 1.26M)

is this some kraftwerk reference?

that's like, all of my happy memories in one pic

Are you implying I inherited his stupidness genes? Well, I am in Jow Forums after all

Theyre called pocket operators.Theyre small and cheap little synthesizers, theyre really cool actually

>yfw today's phones barely get 2 hours of SoT

I can smell the disappointing sleepovers of staying up only to watch infomercials at 4am because we didnt have cable

>Lawsons
Are you in nipponia user?

Attached: IMG_20180808_165342.jpg (1080x1613, 213K)

Yeah. I'm 32 and SNES/N64 where my main system during my childhood (with some PC gaming). I remember NES but I think it was more during the early era of the SNES we had it.

The 30yo boomer battlestation

Attached: 1489029143315.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

The Voodoo3 is the 30 year old boomer graphics card.

neato

Attached: 1503067014188.jpg (382x284, 11K)

The Pansonic on the bottom right is RGB.

I got the Trinitron because my neighbors were throwing it away recently. I had possibly the same model growing up and now the remote feels so small...

are these any good?

Looks like it

they went off the shelf and came back around 2005

the original ones were tiny as fuck

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

THE VOODOO3 IS ONLY 20 DON'T YOU FUCK WITH ME SON

Right, so if you're a boomer in your 30s, the Voodoo3 was the cool graphics card when you were a kid.

take me back

Attached: 2003_0806_182153AA.jpg (1392x1199, 655K)

please take me back

Attached: 2003_0806_182131AA.jpg (1200x1600, 835K)

Millennials had Voodoo3s when they were kids. I think I was like 12 when I got one.
>MFW running it for the first time.

Attached: 675675.gif (388x218, 2.19M)

>south park over tos
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>

Attached: Sony-PlayStation-2-Network-Adaptor-Front.jpg (3270x2490, 2.53M)

*sip*
these were the days.

forgot pic

Attached: 909208b.jpg (190x194, 6K)

I miss the days when I played Baldur's Gate with my dad :(

I used to have a few of those, but my recent memory is from one my cousin gave me as he had a few (his mother used to dumpster dive a lot, I guess she got it from one as they barely had any money to spend on this shit) and we statred playing with those. It was around 13-15 years ago, somewhere in that range as I can't really don't differ those summers much, they all seemed same to me.

Anyways, I started fucking with mine. You had a few of them to chose (small chick, pig, cow or something like that, few of them I never knew what they were) and you'd do the rest. I managed to get the integer for weight go to 0 without it dying and then I did a reset and started over trying to see what else can be done as I started programming and I thought I was the shit back then. I managed to go full hackerman over it in a span of 2-3 weeks and managed to manipulate the weight and some other number. Negative weights, some unrealistic ones like 500kg etc.

Those were fun. First one I got I was maybe 3 so couldn't even remember I had to play it and it was like some huge yellow watch I used to carry around and getting mocked at kindergarten for having a huge yellow watch.
It was some cute dinosaur you had to take care of and I liked dinosaurs back then. Whenever he took a shit I showed everyone the blinking poop and how I clean it up with some shovel.

I'll probably go dig on ebay or some shit for that yellow one right now...