When will we see legit virtual reality?

That's right, just think about those two words for a moment. Say them out loud VIRTUAL REALITY.
that's right-reality that is virtualy indistinguishable from the real world. A reality that is virtual. A reality like in the maxtrix, this is virtual reality.

I think it is misleading how the gaming world labels chucking on some crapy headset as virtual reality. How is this virtual reality? It's more or less just a screen close to your face. I want the real deal and this is not virtual reality.

Attached: images-1.jpg (529x278, 15K)

Literally all we need is a bit sharper images and more human life FOV and it will be just like real life.

Bet you don't even have an oculus or vive.

I agree that this is not virtual reality or even good. However it will be a long time before we get what you want.

>I want the real deal and this is not virtual reality.
Well, then wait for the machines to enslave mankind and you'll have your virtual reality for free.

I don't desu

20 years after we have fully capable direct brain interfaces.

>I want the real deal and this is not virtual reality.
That's not virtual reality than.

>buying garbage devices now when they'll be 3000 times better and 1/4th the price in 10 years
no thx

What more could you want?

Attached: 2262607_1.jpg (630x630, 30K)

This

When we lose the future machine wars and our mind/bodies vivisected to provide the data/science the machines will need to build your VR utopia.

You first, user.

Kind of already there in development but blind and unethical in the conventional sense. For most it's too expensive ( triple k for an EEG hmd?with knowledge and experience and the balls to fuck up people permanently ), then designed durgs to ffacilitate gaps. All requiring extensive knowledge as obvious prescribed.
Unless if you were brought up on 3D pedigree, you're not an ideal candidate. Also need early (childhood based clinical depression among others to an extent) so coming to terms with ego death possibly less catatonic as per introductory processes.
ATM enthusiasts with overpvr are dabbling with developing vr dream memory therapy (derealization symptons cheese)
Tl;Dr normals lack suicidal commitment for minute progress so later kotko

Probably never, but you might get lucky somehow.

Well, how do you know you aren't in one already?

We live in a simulation OP, so we are experiencing right now.

>when will we develop virtual reality within the virtual reality we currently experience
ftfy

I think what we need is an linkup that connects directly to the brain, why even use monitors with set resolutions?

>indistinguishable from the real world
Do you not have enough of the real world outside? Stylized graphics >>> realistic graphics.

We already have the tech to send a visual signal to the brain but it's only being used experimentally for blind people.

How long until SAO becomes a thing?

But we are living in a digital simulation. You're already experiencing virtual reality.