Noob here, can one of you pc master race people tell me why you have two or three monitors setup?

I thought you only needed one desu

Attached: 1533395883869.jpg (4000x3000, 1.83M)

Because they want to be l3 k00l 4n0nym0u5 h4ck3rm3n

There is no such thing as a perfect analogy, but think about how you would describe to a one-handed person how useful it is to have two hands. It's pretty god damn useful.

Why do you have five seats in your car? You're only one person

Multi tasking. Music/youtube up on one screen. Or a terminal running through something while I focus on other things. It's not necessary or anything but you really don't see the benefit?

I only have 2 seats though, as any proper car should

Having a picture of you waifu on one screen motivates you to shitpost harder on 4chen.

One for games, one for movies. Two for additional screen space.

Games on TN look better and I like the smoothness of the mouse on it. I watch movies and do photoshop on the IPS because the colors are better. I use both because windows has bad window managing, and it feels pretty unusable for serious work without two screens, I keep having to press alt+tab to switch between two windows instead of just having two windows in full screen.

Attached: 1531674852264.jpg (474x643, 46K)

>miata

Op here, ok I see your points.

Also I was wondering if you can put two screens side by side for gaming so that half the game is on one screen, and the other half on the other screen?

Are you a fucking chameleon? That would be the worst possible use of two screens.

Attached: 98746153486453.jpg (640x640, 62K)

It's a good idea if you have two borderless monitors.

I think I might put a copyright on my new idea/invention

Thats what the tabs and minimize function is for? I'm still having trouble seeing the benefit of two monitors

Try not using one of your hands for a day. Having two monitors is similar.

>Thats what the tabs and minimize function

why bother to juggle around the windows when you can just have everything open on two screen? Once you get use to having a 2nd screen going back to only one feels like you just crippled your PC. Even just stupid stuff like sorting down files is faster with every DIR open in it's own area and just quickly moving everything to where you want.
Plus keep in mind, screens are cheap as hell now. I could understand back in the 19inch 4x3 LCD screen was near $600 only rocking one screen. Now? You can get widescreen sub 24 inch screens at thrift stores for $20 or just buy a new 24inch screen for way under $200.
I also suggest using monitor arms to move the screens around and line them up, as it's a one time nerd investment that will last decades.

No no no
For gaming, just use one big screen.
But if you are playing driving/flying games, having three monitors can really expand your field of vision.

Because I like shitposting in stereo.

you *can*, but it's really not optimal

because we are pretty rich and don't give a fuck

i dont have a car i have a motorcycle

>games on tn look better

lulz everything gets optimised for VA nowadays user