For those of you who actively cover your webcams, what do you do about your microphones? Is this a concern of yours too...

For those of you who actively cover your webcams, what do you do about your microphones? Is this a concern of yours too? Should laptops include a hardware switch for webcams/microphones?

Attached: serveimage2.png (1584x1466, 2.66M)

Just for reference. I don't use tape/covers on my laptop, unplug my camera from desktop when not in use, but mic stays plugged in.

Sorry about thread title - phonefag

>Is this a concern of yours too?
It certainly is! I cover my thinkpad entirely with aluminum foil so the government contracted aliens can't access it via telepathy.

do you disable bluetooth though?

For normalfags it hardly matters because they carry cellphones around all day anyway. If someone wanted to record you, they'd use that.

>Is this a concern of yours too?
Not really, since I don't talk infront of my PC unless I know i'm talking to someone.

I don’t moan when I fap anyway.

Attached: putty.jpg (1000x1000, 91K)

Rip off blu tac?

Pleb Tier
>tape/stickers

Patrician Tier
>opening the laptop and removing the camera, microphone, and speakers

Pleb Tier
>tape/stickers
Acceptable Tier
>opening the laptop and removing the camera, microphone, and speakers
Patrician Tier
>masturbating exclusively in front of the camera

>removing the camera, microphone, and speakers

ceramic capacitors can be used as microphones

I have libreboot X200 so I don't have to worry about my hardware betraying me.

If I was to do it I'd just put a jack with everything grounded so the computer thinks microphone is plugged but gets no signal

I am ultra lonely so I never need my mic, it's always unplugged.
I don't have a webcam or a laptop.

UNABOMBER MODE ACTIVATED

I stare into the camera while i furiously masturbate at least once a day. When im done i bend over and show my shit encrusted asshole.

on lenovo i opened my screen, plugged cam and mic

>Blu tac
jesus I haven't heard that in years

That's you you bastard!!!?

Disabled in bios.

>WEBCAM ENABLE BY INTEL ME

Lol.
I use this too, on camera and mic .

I remove the camera PCB from the screen bezel which also has the microphone.

I unironically plugged it out from the mainboard. Not that I'm really concerned about (((them))). Just my personal autism.

Hot glue the mics

I just disabled it in the BIOS because I don't really talk around my computer because I have no life, no job, and no friends.

Tried that; does not work. Even superglue(cyanoacrylate) does not.
Still a common term in my region.

>what do you do about your microphones
I think the hardware switch still could be somehow circumvented by a hacker (Hacking Team in Italy probably cld do that).

The solution for the mic is not glue or a sticker. You take the cord of cheap earphones, cut it off and plug it into the mic. That is how you can disable it.

>what do you do about your microphones?

Nothing. My mic is connected to a mixer/interface with physical knobs which control the gain and a fader.

As long as the fader is down and the gain is turned down, the mic simply cannot pick up any sound.

Attached: 1514649893179.png (808x805, 601K)

If a hardware switch physically disconnects the circuit (as it should), there's nothing a hacker without physical access could do to circumvent it.

>hardware switch physically disconnects the circuit

Fair enough, agree.

Having a built in camera in the first place

Attached: 7619ac6546789e4bf824f9093e547c2a.jpg (375x375, 34K)

I'm not ashamed of my body so I don't block or disable either.

A microphone can't be used to spy on you if you never talk

Mic doesn't matter if I literally never talk
(I'm unironically mute irl)

I just unplugged it because I'm not a brainlet

i could be naked on cam. i dont give a shit if someone records audio of me smackin it or jackin it

I cover my webcam because I don’t want it to get scratched.

>Pleb Tier
>>tape/stickers
>Acceptable Tier
>>opening the laptop and removing the camera, microphone, and speakers
>Patrician Tier
>>masturbating exclusively in front of the camera
Enlightened Tier
>Only using an etch-a-sketch
Omnipotent Tier
>Masturbating exclusively in front of an Etch-A-Sketch

I had an iMac for a while that I just used one of those footnote post-it notes, used the sticky side on the mic hole and folded it to cover the webcam. Of course, as others have mentioned, "they" could just use your phone.

Attached: 1275193803589.jpg (363x364, 28K)

What about the wifi drivers?

I have camera covered but not microphone.
Why would I care if someone listens to me? I don't say anything while using my notebook.

>using laptop with camera or microphone

I also enjoy to be probed in anus by goverment or three letter agencies.

I mainly do it to save power but Bluetooth is at least a disappointing technology. The worst thing is that it really doesn't have fantastic security I've heard.

Tbh my main fear is I will leave my mic/cam on when talking to someone and forget about it

But being watched while fapping is my fetish.

I just disconnected the cable...

My laptop doesn't have either.

I can masturbate in complete silence.

>current year
>not obscuring the camera with your own dried jizz

>I just disabled it in the BIOS
This.
Still use whiteout on the camera, and you can plug a chopped 3.5mm connector in the mic port. It won't pick up anything, just looks ratty.

>have hp elitememe
>disable mic and camera in bios
>confirm they're disabled with lspci
how could anyone get past this?

I only use a desktop. I don't have a webcam. My mic plugs into a phantom power supply which can be switched off when I am not using the mic.

>what do you do about your microphones?
There is a Microphone Mute button on most Thinkpads.

At the moment I've deactivated the webcam from the bios on my Surface because I can't be bothered to find some tape. No idea if it's effective but hopefully it is.

I can't disable the microphone without disabling all sound output either though.

>put tape over webcam
>don't put tape on phone

That's why I internally laugh at every single one of you roach whenever I see you IRL.

Attached: sheeple.png (376x401, 46K)

>he didn't physically remove the cameras from his phone

Try to get me, CIA nigger.

Attached: IMG_20180808_185222.jpg (3416x2240, 1.02M)

>Implying I talk to anyone

I think a physical switch, not a button or bios/non-OS level configuration would be best...

You can easily toggle it when needed whilst still in the OS (unlike bios changes)

You're certain it has disconnected with a physical switch (buttons may depend on programmable functionality so may be able to be tampered with).