Fucking based

Fucking based.

>Apple has its Lightning connector and everyone else has USB. But EU regulators are considering whether they need to force a common standard for phone chargers.
>The idea is to cut down on the 51,000 tons of old chargers and cables thrown away each year.

cultofmac.com/568215/eu-may-force-iphone-to-switch-from-lightning-to-usb/

Attached: Screenshot 2018-08-07 at 21.28.05.png (874x653, 493K)

>forcing one design and choice on everyone through government force
>based

Saged and hidden

>fudging someone to do something
>based
wat

APPLE ON SUICIDE WATCH

>t. corporate dicksucker soiboi

Not an argument, considering you have no idea what the word means. You are being even less based right now.

God I hate Yanks.

Glad we're leaving the shithole

iTODDLERS BTFO

The same regulation got us from heaps of proprietary connectors, chargers and sync cables on old cellphones to the current much better situation of everything having MicroUSB or USB C.

maybe they should force apple to make cables that dont prematurely decompose on contact with sunlight

Attached: main-qimg-62189444303449567aff3271d7c64596.png (602x377, 211K)

They're fucking delusional if they think this will cut down on e-waste. USB cables are flimsy piece of shit.

lul what, The EU is designing electronics now? Is the government going to mandate what ports are on what devices now? What is this horseshit?

I hope apple just drops all ports entirely and goes with wireless charging, just to spit in the EU's face.

...and that's a good thing

First of all they're not, Apple shit is. See .
Secondly you don't need a cable for every device if they all use USB. You do if they have proprietary cables.

kek

Imagine the ebil government is also forcing seatbelts and headlights on poor car makers.

it's about the environment, retards

Cuz that's totally the same thing as having a port on your phone.

>>You are being even less based right now.
>when a shill is trying to use internet lingo
how's it booming my friend?

Attached: 1531925886163.jpg (376x349, 22K)

When were you when the EU became this good?

>Cuz
OPINION DISCARDED

yeah, cuz corporate cucks would rather save money on seatbelts if there wasn't a law that made them put them in cars.

The same environment that's being trying to kill us since humanity existed? Fuck it.

>No argument
Feels good to win.

based and redpilled

wtf i love EU now

Waste is polluting the environment. The environment is public property.
So companies should either pay for the damage they do on other people's property or cut that shit out.

Yeah, because the consumer is soo dumb that they would buy a car without seatbelts because its $20 less. Nice absurd world you live in.

cringe and bluepilled

im conflicted on this. its authoritarian but really practical. someone convince me either way

The companies aren't producing waste, the consumers are.

While I am pro-standards I'm not really sure how I feel about the EU forcing a company to comply. That seems like a big overreach on the part of the government.

by providing plenty of resources and a climate that is relatively stable and highly compatible with life? Hmmmmmm

>having one standard power outlet instead of 60 different kinds is bad.

herpy derpy