Is it even possible to learn every aspect of this language?

Is it even possible to learn every aspect of this language?

Attached: c++.png (256x256, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iso.org/standard/68564.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah

>Rust developer detected

yes, if you dedicate your life to it. you'd be a brainlet for doing so because not even it's creator did.

no
and even if you would, you would get giant extension that completely changes the language internals every few years

No.
That doesn't mean it's bad.

This is sort of the right thread, is C++ doable for a complete beginner? It would be for a hobby so there is no time restriction or need to learn any specific aspect

I would recommend C for beginner, then learn C++
or if you want to get shit done use python/js or java/C# if you want something that isn't interpreted

>you'd be a brainlet for doing so because not even it's creator did.
Not necessarily. You could make a living off of that level of expertise without having to be a code monkey.

>This is sort of the right thread, is C++ doable for a complete beginner?
Absolutely not. I like C++, but a beginner needs to first learn language-agnostic concepts like control flow, variables, functions and the like. C++ will have you worry about way too many details that are specific to that one language, which can make you go crazy if you have zero programming experience.
To start out, I would go with Java or C. Once you're able to write non-trivial programs in one language, only then consider learning C++ if you're really interested.

most people cannot programm but love to learn

Yes, find yourself a copy of the spec and read it. It will take sometime because the spec is large, but it's not any longer than your average college textbook. It's not a weird alien language, it's an engineering tool developed by actual people for practical purposes.

Why would you even want to

Gap between C++ courses or beginner books and real world C++ is insane,means several months just to get things work.

Gap in languages like Java,JavaScript,C# or Python is very small.

because C doesn't have modern features

It's harder than it needs to be, but it's not as hard as some people make it out to be.

>1605 pages
iso.org/standard/68564.html

just please don't learn C as preparation for C++
C++ has a good intro books so it's not that hard to pick up, Google and clang/llvm made a really good work to modernize the development - googletest and benchmark are easy to use, clang sanitizers can save your ass by just adding one compile flag, clang-format is handy, clang-tidy can give you some tips to use new features over the old ones, (there is also the clang static analyzer but I haven't played with this one yet)
I'm not yet settled on what build tool to use, iirc CMake is the recommended one but it's hard to understand madness.
It's possible to learn C++ early, but other languages are just easier without all the pointless problems.

You better get reading now

Thanks for the input, I'll do some reading and look at all the options for them, before I try tackling the really difficult ones

Yes.
Just keep looking for uses for all the shit you don't know yet and eventually you learn everything.
Everything is a bit of a cheat to make shit easier for you.

Yeah it can be ok as a first language. If anything learning another language like C before C++ will make C++ feel like a raging dumpster fire.

I am a beginner too and my dad that has been coding for life told me to start C because it gets you closer to the machine.

Yes.
Ask it again about the STL

you only need to know about the good parts
you can ignore a lot of the OO bullshit

Is it even possible to learn every aspect of STL?

The STL is pretty large, but it's well documented and has a very consistent style in general, so even if you're not intimately familiar, it's just a google away.

Sure it is, although I see no practical reason to do so except passing interviews for shitty companies.

STL is very much a part of C++

Doable in a week to a month if you're dedicated and have no other life.

Intel manuals are 4000+ pages and Office Open XML formats that LibreOffice has to implement to be compatible with Microsoft Office are 6000+ pages.

if you give up everything else about your life and stick the basics (eating, drinking, elimination, and minimal sleep)

> obviously spoken by someone who has memorized them from cover to cover

>gets you closer to the machine.
Don't make me come over there