pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: 1408993320822.jpg (4160x3120, 2.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/TPkZzY
pcpartpicker.com/list/7Jb7pG
pcpartpicker.com/list/2T7zFt
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139207)
pcpartpicker.com/list/W67zFt
youtu.be/xgr9GW3jUuQ
youtu.be/Gs-Dd2HO4aw
youtu.be/hcH1q2LGB7w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is water cooling a meme? how much cooler are they compared to air cooling?

Would it be better to get a 1070ti or a Vega 56 for 1440p ?

1070ti

Is there a way to rent or borrow a 2400g with motherboard and memory?

I just need to use it for 2-4 weeks.

you wouldn't have to do any soldering and the only requirement would be to have plugged in a fan before, really
if you decide to replace it with another unit, bear in mind that there's a refresh that's about to hit retail anytime now with modified fan behavior and better cables
it's a bit more expensive, so the old unit is also fine, especially since it does platinum efficiency just like the new SF600 without being labeled as such

Vega 56 if you're getting an IPS monitor. Especially if you want to upgrade to HDR.

Good air coolers are about the same as water. The bottleneck is going to be the IHS. You need direct die cooling for water cooling to be significantly lower.

Sounds like a local question.

Yes, I have noticed that a refresh is underway but it'll be around 130$ which for some odd reason also means that It'll be retailing at around 120€, and I can't justify paying 30€ more for a 100€ psu. I rellay dislike paying more than burgers for the same tech due to 19% tax.

>Want to buy some good tech ?
>pay up Eurofag, we know you can

Attached: 1533011499157.png (920x634, 149K)

For the most part, yeah it's a meme. For example I saw a around a 10% improvement across the board when going from an NH-D14 to an Evo Supremacy block on a mildly overclocked 3930k and what seems to be a little quieter, but I also spent about 4 times as much buying a DDC pumo/res, fittings, radiator, tube etc. I intend on adding a GPU to my loop which is where the biggest cooling and noise advantages come from.
I mainly did it because I enjoy building shit and it looks good.

I want an AMD card that will last me 3 years. What do I get?

1440p 60hz or 1080p 144hz? gtx 1070ti
i game both highfps games such as dota 2 and AAA titles. Also watch movies and tv series. Wat do

you get btfo'd by buying older and (in vega's case) less power-efficient GPU architecture

Again, Vega 56.
You would want to tweak the pStates and memory manually in Wattman yourself to get the most out of it, though.

Well Dota2 will run at 1440p 144hz fine.
But 1070Ti is more suited to 1080p higher framerates than 1440p, especially if you eventually upgrade to an HDR monitor.

>buy gpu on newegg
>500$ taken from bank account
>3 hours later, status says no money has been charged
>wat
>open support chat, wait for 20 minutes >when it's finally my turn in the queue, I can't type in chat for whatever reason
>get email saying there was an error and my order will be cancelled and I'll receive a refund in 3 to 5 business days
tfw

Attached: IMG_20180317_203312.jpg (640x480, 44K)

>Vega 56.
alright. Looking at prices right now, Should I bite the bullet on a Vega 56 Pulse for $480? I really don't wanna spend that much.

Never use debit. Get a prepaid CC if you have to.

Are you in a rush? I've seen the Strix 56 and Nitro 56 drop to $480 a few times. I think Pulse for 480 is a bit high given how prices have been slowly trending down.

Why the hell don't you have Amex to use Shoprunner already and charge it?

I haven't seen the Vega prices drop in a while. I'm worried they won't.
No hurry.

this is my first time building a PC
Are these supposed to be this misaligned??

Attached: 20180807_202256_Burst01.jpg (4160x3120, 2M)

do what you will, but know that the pulse uses the nano pcb which means it has half as many phases as the full version and if you happen to be unsatisfied with the cooler, you won't be able to replace it easily because the morpheus 2 won't be compatible

>I haven't seen the Vega prices drop in a while. I'm worried they won't.
Like I've said, I've seen those high end models around $480. And Nano for $450. That's a good price for them.
But no I don't really see any of them dropping under like $400 as they're expensive to manufacture.

Does your board not have riser screws for the motherboard? That does look less aligned than usual.
Is your i/o plate popped in all the way?/

1070 ti

Reminder that AMD doesn't care less about niche titles like Nvidia does.

Attached: theabsolutestate.jpg (2554x1436, 1.29M)

pcpartpicker.com/list/TPkZzY
thoughts? no ssd pls

Anyone used this monitor? Seems like a not-badish deal

Attached: firefox_2018-08-07_17-34-42.png (967x761, 476K)

If you're preparing yourself for a couple of years more of gaming then I'd at least get a 1060 over a 1050 ti.

I'd go for a gold rated power supply of lower wattage, and... A small SSD.

The Strix is $490

I'm thinking of upgrading, should I replace the mobo/CPU/RAM now and wait a month or two to see what new GPUs are coming before I upgrade that? I'm thinking of getting an 8700K or maybe 8600K. I was looking at a 1070Ti or maaaybe a 1080Ti, but I guess I could hold off for the 1100 series or at least a price drop on the 1000 series.

I'm running a 1440p 60fps screen, and this computer is starting to struggle a bit with games, at least at 60fps. I also recently upgraded to a 36 megapixel camera and lightroom/photoshop don't handle the files as smoothly as with my old camera, would I benefit from 32 or even 64GB of RAM? Photo editing software is the only thing I use that comes even close to using up all my RAM currently.

Attached: Capture.png (640x577, 85K)

Yes, what is due for an upgrade the most is that 4 thread CPU.
970 is still fine at 1080p if you aren't fine with having to tweak settings sometimes.
>1440p
Well that makes you especially in need of a GPU upgrade, but eh.
>I also recently upgraded to a 36 megapixel camera and lightroom/photoshop don't handle the files as smoothly as with my old camera, would I benefit from 32 or even 64GB of RAM
You probably need a scratch disk. 16Gb is still generally fine enough for PS.

>60hz
There's your problem.

Jesus Christ how did I miss that.
Guess I'll go with this

Attached: firefox_2018-08-07_17-50-46.png (1920x676, 475K)

>A small SSD
mfw

am i able to save money anywhere on this build?

also general opinions, gonna go on it around next month, probably gonna get a 1080Ti and skip this gen of gpu

pcpartpicker.com/list/7Jb7pG

I'm running a reference 970 and a 4690K at 1440p and haven't had issues getting at least 60 fps in most games at high levels, I'm currently playing through the Witcher 3 with a few hd texture and weather mods with no issues. The only thing it struggles with is unoptimized garbage like Squad. I would assume your issue is the CPU based on my experience.

>Does your board not have riser screws for the motherboard? That does look less aligned than usual.
>Is your i/o plate popped in all the way?

Yes i think so. Its as if only the middle of the IO is misaligned. Im not really sure whats wrong.

Attached: 20180807_205353_HDR-1.jpg (1475x3390, 864K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/2T7zFt
What are the most boring/plain cases that still have good airflow/cable management?
I don't want it to look like I have a good pc.

You could look into which 4K monitors have good results of overclocking to 75hz. But part of the limitation is the connection used. You need very recent spec of Displayport of HDMI for 4K > 60hz.

As for that monitor, 700 canuckbucks (~$535 US) for a TN screen seems insane, but seems fine enough.

Looks to me that your i/o shield isn't popped in all the way on the bottom middle, m8.
It's pretty clear even with the bad quality picture.
Not being popped in is pushing it up.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/2T7zFt
Pretty good build except... aren't G1 super out dated at this point? Like 2 generations old? I guess it doesn't terribly matter, though.
Meshify C has good airflow but it looks like Deus Ex and not "boring".
I'd say an older Silverstone case like the TJ08

I can run 4k just fine with what my desktop, I just don't want to be stuck with another 60Hz panel. I'll wait for that panel I posted to come on sale, BestBuy usually throws it on for $400 every month or so

The g1+ isn't the same as a g1.

Should I build a Ryzen 5 1600 machine or buy a Dell Optiplex with Haswell i7 for $200.

Take a look at this PSU (newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139207) and use the code EMCPXPS37 for $10 off. For just a bit more than the one you have listed you get a gold rating, and it's still at least semi-modular. If this wasn't also on sale, though, then that Seasonic one is a good choice. 5 year warranty, space for upgrading other parts, and fully modular. Gold rating isn't really as important as the reliability and overall quality of the entire PSU unless your energy costs are really high and the efficiency gain justifies spending extra.

shameless self bumb

TJ08 is still too fancy looking.

If you're putting a triple radiator in the front, I'd definitely pick a case that flows better. Enthoo Evolv is notorious for choking front intake especially with a radiator in the equation.

can you recommend one, i had chose a enthoo pro m because i like the open front, but it seems most of the recommended cases have that type of closed front

For gaming? 2600.

Their branding is confusing as shit.

Is 2600 worth 3 to 4 hundred bucks over i7-4770?

Any improvements I can make without increasing the price?

Attached: スクリーンショット 2018-08-08 10.19.09.png (1264x1202, 284K)

Should I change my fractal design define r5 to mini c? Can you recommend other smaller cases also?

dont use windows

Why is only the i7 recommended? Are the i5 bad or something?

Just pirate the OS like everyone else.

i5 is old and will not keep up with new software

Is gtx1060 6gb, ryzen 5 2600, 8 gb of ram good?
Im on a tight budget, not sure if 144hz is worth it. Would like not to spend more than 750 on all (motherboard included, I have a psu)

Just buy a Switch.

but viruses

If you are on Jow Forums you should know how to pirate properly. You think all those companies with hundreds of computers pays for OS on all of them?

>>>r/technology

Sounds fine. I'd aim for 16gb ram though.

pcpartpicker.com/list/W67zFt

Not all closed front cases are bad, and stuff like Fractal Defines and Corsair 400C with a closed front still flow pretty well.
i5s just represent shit value for money these days for various reasons. 8400 CAN make sense if you have nothing but 2666mhz ram available to you and you're too inept to memory overclock.

I'd aim for keeping it under 750 tho

NZXT cases are cute but are they good for cooling?

Sorry, guess I forgot to mention I want a new monitor too
144hz a meme or should I just stick with normal FHD?

i actually kinda like the meshify c upon further review, what you think

They're okay. If you're gonna try and push your hardware to its limits, though, you might want to look for something else.

It's 750.84

144hz is the best gaming update any one can make. It definitely isn't a meme. You're not gonna be able to get one plus a 2600/1060 pc for that budget unless you already have a harddrive and case but even then you're only saving like $80 by not having to buy them and even with just 8gb ram in that build it would still come up to like $690.

No worries. The Meshify C is basically a Define that's prioritised for airflow. It's a good case.

Link me to some shit that proves its worth it, and I'll buy it famiglia
Any really short straight to the point videos?

Not that i know of but I remember a video on YouTube from some guy reviewing the Asus vg248qe called joey delgado or something and it was his first time using a 144hz monitor and he was blown away. I can say I experienced the same when I got my own 144hz monitor. It's a next level upgrade that nothing else can match (assuming you can push out consistent high fps that is).

So gtx 1060 6gb won't have problems running it?

youtu.be/xgr9GW3jUuQ

youtu.be/Gs-Dd2HO4aw

youtu.be/hcH1q2LGB7w

At 1080p in non demanding games you should be able to hit ~100+ fps. In esports tier games you should easily be able to hit over 120 fps in like fortnite, pubg, rainbow six etc. Cs go will run at like 200 fps in a 1060 since it's old as fuck.

right. What is the best monitor for a 1070ti in your opinion?

Can you recommend me new computer case to replace my Define R5? Something smaller which can fit atx/matx.

I'm not buying a gaming pc to play kiddie shit
I'm talking about current abd future releases

Define C? You have to tell us more about your setup.

A 1060 should give you at least 60 fps but it depends on the title itself and the optimisation. There's no universal framerate figure that can be given because we don't know how demanding future games will be in a few months to a years time or how optimized they are. In well optimised AAA games a 1060 should be able to hit 100 fps at medium/high settings. Something else like assassins creed origins is seriously demanding on the hardware and you probably won't hit over 80 fps even at medium settings. Those are 2 examples which will be faced with new and upcoming games and you can decide whether you feel it's worth it based on the potential performance you'd be getting.

I have an i72600, I read they discontinued motherboards for them in 2011

When I look them up on partspicker the cheapest atx mobo is over $300, have to get a micro to hit $120 or less, and these are allegedly over 6 yesrs old? What the fuck

Do I just buy a new cpu and a new mobo? I can throw $200 at it, but god damn, I just wanted to buy a motherboard and some ram. The fuck is with these prices

atx mobo, gtx 1070 and i5 3570k which I'm replacing with zen2 next year and maybe matx mobo.

Ill pay 50 bucks and get a 4ghz pentium and some shit board before i ever spend over 300 on an aging already outdated motherboard for the 2600

Is it okay to store other files on a boot drive or will it mess up the installation of the OS?

And storage? Optical drives? This is the biggest bearing as to what does and doesn't suit.
After a particular aesthetic? Given you're coming from an R5 I'd presume the solid Define style is up your alley?

>store
It's fine. Having a separate boot drive isn't even necessary.

Supply and demand. With older hardware still being in vogue and ever dwindling supply keeps prices up. Your best bet would be sell your i7 2600 (they still command reasonable dollars) and DDR3 and upgrade to an R5 2600/B450 + DDR4.

2x hdd and 2x ssd. No optical drives.

Yeah minimalistic design without window.

Pc seems slow for build. i7 7700k 4.2GHz on a Z270 Mobo with two DDR4 3866 sticks of 8Gb.
Mobo says it supports 3866, i7 says it doesn't. Could there be a compatibility issue /g?

Yep, Define C or Corsair 400Q.
Although if I was you I'd just live with the R5 and by an mATX case with your next platform upgrade.

You have to set the stick's XMP in the bios, or manually overclock it. By default all systems simply boot with the CPU's JEDEC rating.

So, thanks to reading this thread, I've managed to purchase all the parts and properly assemble my first PC, no snags or issues. But Now I'm stuck with the choice of which W10 version I should get. I ended up installing ltsb on it since it was so praised for its privacy and being very light. But now it doesn't seem to have any wi-fi drivers or won't detect the wi-fi, which a previous test installation of Professional did, it even connected. So is there any way to fix this or is LTSB just a huge meme and I should go for another version. If so, which one? Thanks in advance guys

>Define C or Corsair 400Q
I'll look these up.
>mATX case
It would be much hotter though? Or is there good options? I'm upgrading platform to zen2 when it comes.

Asus or MSI Z370 for a 8600k? Heard the asus boards have better vrms.

PC gaming noob here.

I made a list of most of my current PC parts and I want to know if a 1080 TI would wreck my PC. Also, I want to know if I should upgrade anything else.

Attached: pcspecs.jpg (1174x904, 107K)

Well thats a kick in the balls

has anyone tried the new amd drivers and msi mortar b350 new bios update?

It would be bottlenecked by your cpu. Running a 3570k with a 1080 ti myself and looking for an upgrade to 8600k soon.

>It would be much hotter though?
Nope. All the mATX towers do is just shrink a little height.

Literally which board? Each of them make half a dozen options on that chipset.

ASUS rog strix Z370 or MSI Z370 gaming pro carbon

>tfw 1060 + 8600k combo

Attached: 1435817627364.gif (633x758, 13K)

we all start somewhere

aye I finally ordered a new gpu today after years.

had me thinking something else.
I was thinking about upgrading from 8gb ram to 16gb. Right now I currently have 2x 4gb sticks. They are kind of at a lower clock speed. Should I just buy 16gb and then try to sell them, so they are all the same. Or just buy 8gb more even if they are gonna get downclocked and then later replace the sticks I have now. They're at 2133hz now and buying a matching set of them wouldn't be worth it considering their price