Clack-Clack-Clack Why don't you have a mechanical keyboard yet?

Clack-Clack-Clack Why don't you have a mechanical keyboard yet?

Attached: nightfox-min_1024x1024.png (1024x683, 293K)

I do, an Azio Mgk1. It's like the knockoff Corsair K70, but 1/3 the price and does everything just as well.

A low profile version of that would be great.

I've been using my lenovo flex a lot lately and truth be told I am actually starting to prefer the action of the keys on it more than on my mechanical (korsair k65). anytime I use the mechanical I find the switches too heavy and cumbersome and the travel distances ultimately tire my hand out much faster.

here is mine

i use it for gameing

rate

Attached: 1521232939696.jpg (796x596, 105K)

>Have to type an uppercase letter.
> Can't
> Need to press F2
> Can't

What is the point of having only 30 keys? In what way are you compensated for removing 70+ keys from a standard keyboard?

Oh, I forgot:
> faggot mech kb hipster garbage.

i own a brain computer interface

Because they are the most overrated shit ever. Comfort curve keyboard I have had for 8 years is more comfortable.

I have 2 and have used 2 different model at work as well. I like blues and reds, browns are ok

WHAT THE FUCK HOW TO SPACEBAR?

Get creative

Any suggestions for a gaming mouse/headset combo for around $80 total?

>gaming headset

don't bother. get a good headset and a separate or clip on mic.

I already have a librebooted X200. That's enough Jow Forums memes for me.

>$80
why do u need recommendation for that

must be bad @ games

i have a mechanical board at work and a waterproof membrane board at home. I spilled juice on a board once at home and i decided I am never going to have this shit happen to me again. Pretty happy with it.

this looks like one of the most shit set ups ive seen. totally unusable, too custom.

>a whole inch of travel
>600 times per minute
Kindly travel yourself out, OP.

Because I'm a poor fag that still hasn't been hired yet since I graduated a month ago.

dont you have a dad

I use a bluetooth 60% (anne pro with gat blues) for shitposting on my laptop/tv from my couch at home, and a TKL (some old leopold w/ cherry browns) for koding with klossy at work. I'm thinking about getting an ergodox or some other split meme for work.

I've had a $30 dell sk-8185 keyboard for almost a decade and have tried multiple mechanical keyboards and none of the felt as good to me.The only appeal I could see is the loud ass clacking I guess.

>Using a keyboard that makes your fingers feel like you're just tapping a desk.

holy shit. you must suck at gaming.

This lmao. Even roblox uses the full keyboard. Not that I play it of course.

>he doesn't have the dexterity to type 120 wpm on a desk

I type around 125 WPM on my mechanical keyboard but when I use keyboards with lower key travel I always stumble because I am way too used to having that feedback for typing a key.

I do.

I just don't buy cheap plastic switches that feel cheap.

>125 WPM on a clacker
That's pretty good. Imagine how much faster you could be if you developed the discipline to stop relying on tactile feedback entirely, and didn't need to waste all that time depressing keys several extra mm.

get a 30$ q700 keyboard from Taobao its kinda hard to order via google translate but totally doable with no fake accounts or cards. then im not sure what headset to get for 50$ id prob keep using a apple earphones until you save abit more but their might be some thing im not aware of //

good headset mic for 50$??

im guessing Hyperx Cloud or Samsung Zero/One on sale.

I mean granted I'd like to be able to type faster on any keyboard but I just kinda slow down on ones with less key travel. I don't think the time depressing keys would even add up to minutes of time wasted unless I lived for centuries.

Sennheiser Zero/one I mean!

How do use for game if you hofu rya oogbha creo?

because I don't want RSI

Man, buying a gaming mouse is harder than I thought. I got a Corsair Harpoon tonight but it's too small for my hand, so I've been looking to order online. I found a Red Dragon Titanoboa 2 on Wal-Mart's site for half the price listed on Red Dragon's website.

The mouse looks cool, decent quality, and it's reviews are mostly positive. Only problem is that Red Dragon is a Chinese company and isn't nearly as popular as other brands, so there's not exactly a ton of reliable video reviews and etc.

What yall think? I'm working on a budget here.

I need a mouse. Keyboard is covered already.

Im not autistic

Why not just get a projector keyboard then? Oh right, because I use the travel to cushion my fingers from stress injuries and bruises.

Fuck it. I'm just going to buy a G502

But I do have a meme clacker. Featuring individually adressible RGBT lights, as well as a bluetooth module.

Attached: IMG_20180413_201847-01.jpg (2000x1496, 630K)

I use a Unicomp in a workplace with other people. I got tired of taking my 10keyless Cherry board in from home. It was also very gamery.

Attached: 1520844661651.png (800x800, 996K)

I have one but don't use it anymore. I unironically prefer typing on my cheap membrane to the mechanical keyboard.

get a WMO 10$ on ebay the refurbished ones are still brand new they just been sitting in a factory I brought 5 of them a while ago. its the only mouse that can run at USB speeds via sweetlow driver you can find at overclock.net its internal sensor is 9000fps and is the most raw feeling mouse on the market 3360 feels worse.

usb 3.0 speeds. only mouse that can run at 8000hz all of the "60-100$ mice run at 1000hz.

I have a super expensive one , but I still choose to use a shitty basic 5$ keyboard because the fucking sound is so loud that my neighbours would hear it

Thanks for the advice man, but it's too late. I just bought a G502. Seemed like old reliable and the gold standard for mice in that price range from the reviews. Hope I made a good choice. I used my friend's PC for gaming for years and I never really learned any of the industry for myself in that time.

all keyboards with lcds piss me the fuck off

>get blue switches because they're most comfy
>more roommates can hear me shitposting on 4chins at 4 am

What is the best 40% keyboard a man can get

They’re not supposed to be comfortable they’re supposed to feel good. They can be both

Too loud and the travel is too long. I'm too used to chiclets.

>no insert key
literally useless

Because I have 3.

using anything other than a K120 means you're a hipster, gaymer or a /mkg/-autist
all three are cancer
prove me wrong
protip:u can't

Recommend me a proper tactile switch (ALP-like with an actual tactile leaf instead of shitty MX tumor) that is quiet (like Matias QC) and will not start clicking some time in the future.

I need to choose switches for my next build.

Attached: zft2hxztop111.jpg (750x750, 48K)

Stop falling for the headset meme. They're hood garbage. Get good headphones and a cheap mic.

stop spilling your shit then jeez

Bought a Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S on sale, and although many don't like tenkeyless. But takes up less space on my desk and works well for my first mechanical keyboard.

Attached: Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S.jpg (500x500, 24K)

What is actual pros of mechanical kb compared to membrane one?

>actual pros
Don't need to hammer keys down.
Feels.

That's it.

The Cloud is good (if you mean the original one and not any of the variants). It's literally a Takstar Pro 80 with a mic attached, which itself is a really decent set of

Attached: kingston_hyperx_cloud_headset_comparison_ndtv(2).jpg (635x318, 13K)

Because i'm poor

HA!

POOR!

LMAO!

Attached: download (7).jpg (275x183, 10K)

My old as shit rubberdome ms keyboard is still going strong and comfy. Maybe I'll buy into the meme when it breaks.

perfect for osu! Trash for every other game

coolermaster is one of the few gaymurbrands that unironically sells halfdecent mechs

good luck
let me know when you find it

2expensive and I don't need it. I just want a good keyboard, with a numpad and dedicated media controls.

EATABAGOFDICKSRETARD

then get low-profile kaihua

Because all we have nowadays are Cherry Shits and chinese clones. Fuck this.

Keyboards that are less than the full 104 keys are autism tier. Pic related is mine.

Attached: IMG_20180808_121236.jpg (4160x2340, 1.82M)

nice keyboard user

Attached: keyboard.jpg (3264x2448, 1.48M)

I'd rather learn to type before shelling 100eu but I'm too busy watching anime

I'm half convinced i'm the only english person using this Alfawise V2 since all the reviews and mentions of it are on spanish or brazilian sites. Its basically a knock off of the Corsair whatever gamer thing, but uses Outemu blue and all the RGB control is constrained in the onboard chip(which i guess is good if you're not into all the faggy ultra-custom game-context shit, and dont want to run extra background shit on your PC)

I'm pretty happy with it, tho its the first mechanical keyboard iv used since the one that came with my first PC back in 1992...

Attached: 1526435260183911.jpg (1000x427, 93K)

I honestly believe 60% without arrow keys is the best layout.
>But how do you do arrow keys?
I hold caps with my left pinky and use IJKL
>But how do you do media controls
I hold caps and use SDF
>But how do you do function keys?
I hold caps or FN and press 1 through +
>But how do you use the numpad
I don't, I don't work a shitty data entry job
>But how do you do X arbitrary function if there's no button for it
I press FN and the appropriate key without having to move my hand across the keyboard.

After the first week of getting used to the new layout it's honestly way more convenient for me as I have a tactile base for all of the common things I do, I remember where my media keys are based on caps lock, not which FN key they're placed on and almost never make a mistake without having to physically look at the keys like I would on a regular keyboard. I even find myself trying to use JKL as arrow keys on regular keyboards and get annoyed by having to take my hand off the home row whenever the program I'm using doesn't support VIM keybindings.

Attached: 61YYNB4zzqL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x1000, 115K)

Why would I need one?

I have a rgb ducky one with mx browns. My only regret is that they didn't make this model with clears.

I dunno, I would map that up arrow to shift, down arrow to crtl, left arrow to alt, right arrow to mod4, then create easy to remember key bindings like ctrl+shift+qwertyuiop would be 1234567890, ctrl+mod4+qwerty..... Would be F1-F10, and so on. Who needs arrow keys when so many programs, addons, etc exist to add vim keybinds to fucking everything? I see keyboards like that as being not only viable, but actually kind of desirable if you're a nomouser*.

*Fair point to note, I've been using *Nix of some kind since 1991, with the majority of my usage being console mode until I finally gave in around '09 and started using limited GUI options, but I still prefer a minimal footprint keyboard as my human interface device because yanking a little curved box around my desk and adding extra buttons that don't do anything new feels silly.

>IJKL
>VIM keybindings

Attached: 1528748160274.jpg (1080x1331, 66K)

Well the poker 3 does let you do that, you can program any key to be any other, or any sequence of keys you want. I'm just sick of seeing brainlets come into /mkg/ threads and sprout 'BUT HOW DO YOU F5!?!?!?' over and over again.

I do! And love it.

Attached: IMG_20180804_155356953_HDR.jpg (4320x2432, 2.94M)

> Why don't you have a mechanical keyboard yet?
Mostly money and space constraints that prevent me from getting any computer equipment more bulky or expensive than a laptop. I'd really like to have a sweet desktop setup with a mechanical keyboard and multiple monitors, though.

Sorry but I prefer the feel of my membrane keyboard

Attached: 20170408_144618.jpg (4128x2322, 1.9M)

fucking aussies

Because I use a topre keyboard

I'm happy with mine.

Attached: 61b4lHKlNYL._SL1205_.jpg (1205x1205, 88K)

Don't need one.

Whats the difference between the expensive mechanical keyboards and inexpensive ones?

At the end of the day it seems like a no brainer to just purchase a cheap 50 dollar or less mechanical keyboard vs a 150 dollar one. Its same fucking product; am I wrong?

Can someone please explain the difference to me?

I am looking at two keyboards in particular: Corsair K66, its 50 bucks on amazon versus the "respectable" Ducky keyboard for $110.

Attached: DuckyKeyboard.jpg (1200x800, 73K)

You made the right choice if you like heavy mouses.

If you hate them, you fucked up . That being said it still has one of the best sensors on the market, many customized features. and cool scroll button. (Some people hate the scroll button)

dont you have shame to put this on the internets

this shit is dirty man

hey, me too!

Attached: 20180808_225108.jpg (2016x1134, 713K)

Because they don't make the greatest keyboard in history with mechanical switches.

L100. Get on my level.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1302x646, 174K)

The same reason I'm not into the craft beer scene really

Same reason I don't have a curly ironic mustache

The difference is the quality of the switches. I bought one with gateron blues and literally 3 weeks after the warranty was up, the space bar now works about 40% of the time, the other 60% it will either fail to register the actuation or treat it as two actuations, leading to sentences looking like this: helloanonhow are you doingtoday?

Pretty much this, I fell for the mechanical meme a long time ago and had filcos, leopods, HHKK, etc. and nothing compares to the microsoft sculpt 2 I'm using now

build quality and features really. That ducky uses double shot PBT keycaps so the legends won't wear off and you won't get an ugly shine on them. You also get some gimmicks like dedicated media keys and programmable macros, and mouse emulation