INTEL HAS NO RESPONSE TO EPYC UNTIL 2022

semiaccurate.com/2018/08/07/intel-has-no-chance-in-servers-and-they-know-it/
>One of the documents says in no uncertain terms that the company understands they will not be competitive in the server market until AFTER Sapphire Rapids, the 2022 server part.

Attached: 1533579584355.jpg (638x599, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

barrons.com/articles/advanced-micro-devices-earnings-boosted-by-epyc-sales-1532554046
grahamc.com/blog/an-epyc-nixos-build-farm
cpubenchmark.net/cpu_value_alltime.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JjXAgQRsllc
youtube.com/results?search_query=x5550
pcper.com/news/General-Tech/EPYC-wins-server-room-AMD
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> absolute state of intlel

Attached: 1502213714326.png (575x641, 13K)

It's truly over for them isn't it

Attached: 1533103154966.png (1196x676, 1.05M)

Attached: 052.png (672x794, 422K)

Attached: 1529987745127.png (807x745, 205K)

no one is going to drop intel for amd, they havent done it sine spectre and they wont now. add the fact that a lot of licensing is actually going towards per core then these 200 core cpu's are not more attractive.

and then match THAT with the fact that amd tried to talk servers before and then said a year or 2 later 'fuck off' and dropped support, so why would people take the gamble AGAIN?

pro tip: they wont

OVENED

> absolute state of intel

Attached: 1532043536034.jpg (1032x774, 273K)

>over
No, but they're going to suffer for a long time.
But it's not over, even if they drop from current sales to AMD 2015 levels, they've got more money in the bank than AMD and a bunch of other profit centres outside CPU production to keep their earnings up.

It's not like everyone is going to suddenly stop buying Intel NICs for example.

AMD, from a less advantageous position, with less cash reserves was able to whether their downturn, Intel too will be fine in the long run.

Still, I'd hate to be holding INTC bags right now.

Jokes on you, our software programmers are all requesting Ryzen based servers and workstations.

Yes of course, as the experienced system maintainers among us know performance doesn't matter and neither does price. But in all seriousness, the moderators will delete this thread too like we agreed or face the consequences.

They already are you nigger. Companies literally look at what's cheapest and if amd is cheapest they go for it. Only consumerist retards fall for brand name memes.

I know this will meet screams of shill, but I dont think it'll happen like people cheering for AMD think it'll happen. Intel will lose some space, but still maintain a healthy advantage. I also am glad that AMD is at least competing with Intel again though. This is better for everyone.

and yet even after spectre and meltdown, amd server orders never saw an increase.

>Still, I'd hate to be holding INTC bags right now.
Are the shareholders of Intel largely to blame? Intel could have built up a warchest when they were dominant for ~8 years but their shareholders decided they preferred short term windfalls.

no the directors and executives actively misdirect shareholders as a matter of policy

Wew lahd

>AMD credited the expansion of its profit margin to “a richer mix of revenue in the Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom segment,” in particular noting that sales of its server processor, “Epyc," which competes with Intel's (INTC) most powerful processors.

barrons.com/articles/advanced-micro-devices-earnings-boosted-by-epyc-sales-1532554046

Which opens them up to litigation. Sit down, son.

Maybe one day amd will be worth it to me.

Attached: Average.png (1336x1998, 91K)

It's already happening. They are teaming up with some of the most profitable, and respectable companies to certify their nodes for virtualization industry standards, partnering with Cray Supercomputers, and have aggressively attacked cloud data centers.

t. gaymur faglord

grahamc.com/blog/an-epyc-nixos-build-farm
Reminder

now take those numbers and divide them by the price of the CPUs. What you get is the amount of frames you get for every single dollar payed.
Which CPU comes out higher?

"Oh no, my extra 5 frames per second!"

8400, the one i own

>We did make a game CPU limited so that we can test how it will behave in the future
Gaymers are so retarded they don't understand how to even run their games properly.

>look they all perform the same at 4k 30fps they are all equally good
Yeah not on the 144hz monitor newfriend

Attached: meme.gif (400x225, 1.84M)

>3 CPUs over 120 1% frame rates
>Server ping at 200ms

Fantastic. I'm proud of you.

Good times to live in. AMD is becoming competitive in the CPU market again.

>2018
>cant even drive a 144hz 1080p monitor with a 1080ti
Oh i a laffin

They are trying to break the Intel stranglehold.

But they still have a long ways to go.

>falling for a rebadge of failed 3D technology
Someone drank the PC mustard race kool-aid.

When will GPUs catch up I wonder?

good for you then, user

Intel is now the poorfag choice

This level of backwards rationalization is just amusing

Attached: grapes (1).gif (640x918, 10K)

What happened after Skylake?

It was after that CPU that everything started going downhill, even if you remove Ryzen out of the equation

The 7700k was received poorly even before Gen 1 Ryzen came out, then it started snowballing downhill

Did someone important get fired during this period?

>buy a 144 memes monitor
>has to justify it by buying meme gaymur CPU
Nice projection, fag.

Why do gaymerfags think their stupid games is the only thing that matters? Epyc trounces Xeons at a fraction of the price, and it's only getting worse when Zen2. Server/HPC is where the real money is at.

AMD was able to rebuild because Intel was one court away from getting rekt.

They cannot strangle AMD in every turn like Nvidia, because they aren't hit with multiple anti-comp lawsuits yet.

Except, I am looking at getting racks, or Epyc 1 socket boxes, for ESXi hosts, vmware licensing for hypervisors is still by socket. so a 1 socket epyc box has a huge price advantage.
Also most companies do remember AMD's issues with delivering on time, so most big enterprises are waiting for epyc 2 Rome, as proof that AMD can continue to deliver. But ya there is enormous demand for Rome, it well sell way faster than naples.

>he fell for the best price/perf gaming components meme to drive a modern monitor
Ikr lol

If you remove Ryzen from the equation, nothing happened. They would have gladly sold you a 4 core with no multithreading for 600 bucks with bigger and bigger caches.

Its when they realized they were losing the core wars and tried to recreate Xeon Phis with a massively complex ring bus on 10+ core processors did they fuck up.

Yeah, goy, 144Hz master race.

>Charlie

Attached: 1527523858748.jpg (200x160, 7K)

>why do you care about games and not server cpus
Hmm i wonder why your average consumer doesnt buy 2000 dollar server cpus run a home server or work as a network admin

Intel ran out of respawns

>Server/HPC is where the real money is at

>muh gaming performance
Since the day we have had 4c8t chips its been useless to compare CPUs in gaming performance

Attached: 1525127970971.jpg (4771x859, 771K)

>Luckily Intel has a cunning plan there too, raise prices from Purley’s ~$13,000 to ~$20,000
*DABS on the stupid goyim*

in 5 years AMD will have 30% market share.
Mark my words newfag.

Still better than any AMD trash. There's a reason why most software is optimized for Intel hardware.

>licensing per core
>licensing
If you aren't using open source for infrastructure at this point you're doing it wrong.

>purley
Fuck off pirate scum.

RED WAVE INCOMING!!!

AMD memeing you guys hard.
AMD EPYC 7551P = $2,303.99
Xeon-E5450 = $40

you can literally buy 57x Xeons for the price of one Epyc. Epyc is only 4x better not 57x.

dont fall for the vertical scaling meme

you cant scale io on a single machine that great. its better to have 4 machines with 1 hdd/ssd then 1 machine with 4 hdd/ssd

>But it's not over, even if they drop from current sales to AMD 2015 levels, they've got more money in the bank than AMD and a bunch of other profit centres outside CPU production to keep their earnings up.

intel has 9 billions more than amd in cash ready to be liquify
in the grand scale of things especially given how amd is grabbing the server market this isnt enough for anything

Boards aren't free and EBYN is 3w per thread. For servers energy consumption per performance per space taken is more important. Those xeons could be free and people would still buy EBYNs be a truckloads.

games are moving quickly to adopt 4k 60hz practicly making anything above 4c irrelevant
yet still intel fags are posting idiotic benches that they win for not even 10% and start shitting on amd for literally nothing

AMD EPYC 7551P = 180w tdp
Xeon-E5450 = 80w tdp

so effectively you would be paying 2x energy cost for 4 xeons (16 core total) against 1 epyc (32 core total)

so running it 1 year at $0.10/kwh
180w = $40
360w = $80

$2,303.99 - (4 * 40) / 40w diffrence per year = 53 years before a Epyc becomes more economical then a cheap XEON

>intel is now the poorfag choice

>old intel
yea, performance is not scaling faster then CPU are depreciating in value.

sounds like a business idea for someone with a lot of space.

suicide watch

why suicide watch?

this is a meme thread. Thats why.

>companies don't just switch servers
>would be planning for years
>most won't be buying AMD still

Oh shit thanks for posting this. I almost messed up and bought AMD stock

also the Xeon-E5450 is not even the best value CPU.

cpubenchmark.net/cpu_value_alltime.html
CPU mark / price
Xeon E5450 = 124.64 @ $33
Xeon X5550 = 312 @ $17

you can now buy X5550 for like $9 on ebay

so the gains are even more dramatic

>New cpus don't matter!

they are baiting you with new CPU meanwhile the bottom falls under the old cpu. leaving you holdign the bag

DELID THIS!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahaha nice joke. Smaller shops already are. It's only a matter of time before amazon does as well.

Attached: 1523063695818.jpg (700x700, 58K)

Intel is nothing but x86 revenue.

Where is the price of cooling and space?

>compares a 4 core cpu vs a 32 core monster
>compares 40 pcie lanes vs 64 pcie lanes
>brings passmark as a relevant benchmark
>shills so much it has lost touch with reality

>buys $2000 cpu
>gets btfo by 8x $10 cpu
> better to have a 1000 chickens then 1 strong ox

russians are literally building gaming rigs with a 10 year old cpu
youtube.com/watch?v=JjXAgQRsllc

look at search results for a x5550
youtube.com/results?search_query=x5550

yeah i can see how no one will turn to a company that offers less power more perfomance 128 pcielanes in some single sockets

oh wait

>Зивoнoбoмжи
>в мoeм Jow Forums

Attached: 1533577628038.png (843x877, 663K)

so let me get this straight
you bring a highly binned 7700k into the equation of a literal workstation cpu for what exactly?

to say that this particular xeon is better AT GAMING? is that what you guys have devolved into?
whats next? gonna compare that xeon in gaming with a power 9 with smt 8?

>no one is going to drop intel for amd
I can remember the faggots from 00s saying that nobody would drop IBM for intel...
And here we are.
Especially in 2007 Intel copied AMD's interconnect for multiple socket systems, thet dropped the prices to the ground and started gaining market share.
10 years later, where they locked in the majority of the market, they trippled the prices, reduced the I/O, and made a big buck.
Everyone who is at least educated with the bare minimum knowledge on the subject can see that the market is fucking fluid, those corps are going to ditch intel in a heartbeat if they can get the same performance even with $1 cheaper.

>absolute gibberish

Caня, хyй cocи!

>gets blown the fuck out on his own argument
>gibberish

back in reality
pcper.com/news/General-Tech/EPYC-wins-server-room-AMD
oh wait looks like amd is grabbing the server market share faster than even their predicted

LOL

/thread

>pcper.com/news/General-Tech/EPYC-wins-server-room-AMD

this only proves that marketing works. you have dum dums paying for what is new. not necessarily what is cheaper

>marketing works
>somehow a 4core cpu is able to shit on a 32 core monstrocity

only in Jow Forumsworldnews and on Jow Forums such stupidity is shown

> doesnt understand that 8 x 4(core) = 32 cores
> costs 8 x $10 = $80
> perfectly happy to buy a $2000 cpu
> good goy

Any CTO paying attention have already made up their minds. Seeing as the SP3 socket is going to be supported by Rome. They are buying Epyc now, and jumping on Epyc 2 effectively doubling their core count for pennies what it would cost them if they tried the same with Intel.

Can you imagine how easy that sales pitch is?
>We are offering 95% of IPC as Intel with 50% more multicore performance for 60%,of the cost. And if you buy now, you can upgrade in 2H 2019 to double your cores with nothing but a chip swap, we will even give you a sweet heart deal as an early adopter, what do you say?

I mean... Why say no?

How many PCIe lanes? Does it support 2TB of RAM? How much power is it using? How hot is it? Do I need to upgrade my server room cooling?

Long long story
>IBM,Fuji,Oracle, special RISC server cpu.

>Hey piece of shit Intel never get server market or HPC

>But cheap piece of shit Intel, don’t run high special software and software licenses are more expensive.
>Intel get server market by cheap websites
>Intel get compute in university as cheap workstation
>But profit is in high end market.
>Intel end up own 99% market and HPC.

Nvidia get in academia as get gaming card too compute.

Intel know get mass market as cheap hostsites,free software data center or Cloud is master strategy over expensive specific workflow.

Intel just shit pants.

Lisa expects mid-single digit server share EOY 2018 for a reason.

8 cpus, 8 motherboards (unless they're dual socket so 4), 8 racks (or 4), more power consumption for the same performance.
Sounds like the recipe for a great server room!

>needs to buy 4 dual socket systems if not 8 indivuduals
>needs to setup an infinyband route(1200 per motherboard)
>needs to setup the gridX (935 per system)
>wont properly utilise the pcielanes at all

meanwhile
>one massive system without a gridx and only one infiniband plus 128 pcie lanes in just one system

still getting blown out with hard facts back to your GAMING IS THE KING OF THE KING

Don't forget more precious server room space.

Plus because heat add expensive cooling plus expensive network equipment.

What about all the buisnesses still using oracle database?

Why not dumpster dive for old pentiums and build your server farm for free?

yes i understand its 4x the cooling 4x the space
but cost per cpu is literally 200x cheaper.

the gain in performance doesnt compare to the loss in value 10 years from now. you can easily pay 2x the power draw for 10 years. electricity is cheap