People say you get money's worth with ryzen but holy shit the ram it needs usually starts at $220

people say you get money's worth with ryzen but holy shit the ram it needs usually starts at $220.

It gets really close to intel pricing so what's the point.

Attached: Image_04.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microcenter.com/product/481738/Ripjaws_V_16GB_2_x_8GB_DDR4-3200_PC4-25600_CL16_Dual_Channel_Desktop_Memory_Kit
guru3d.com/news-story/whoops-amd-had-ryzen-threadripper-2990wx-cinebench-score-online.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/DXg2bX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It doesn't *need* b-die ram

3000MHz ram is not that expensive and you can overclock it jut fine

why not ? please explain

The b-die that ryzen needs is expensive.

Because the benefit of b-die ram over some other ram at the same 3200mhz frequency, or even slower, is marginal. It's for people who like to jack it to benchmarks.

That depends on the country you live in. Im my location 3000mhz ram is 40% more than 2666

Not him but b-die is not needed, it's really just to go beyond 3200mhz and even then first gen ryzen doesn't have that issue anymore and ryzen + never had that issue

So i would be fine getting something like this ?

microcenter.com/product/481738/Ripjaws_V_16GB_2_x_8GB_DDR4-3200_PC4-25600_CL16_Dual_Channel_Desktop_Memory_Kit

Completely
I run the same

Most likely yeah, even if it's not on the qualified vendors list which I'm sure it probably is, it will still work.

>people say you get money's worth with ryzen
this meme needs to end.

it's not on the vendors list that's why it got me worrying.

Good to know. What cpu and mobo are you using ?

2600x and b450

if I want to run on iGPU then Intel is much better choice
Intel 8700 (280eur) is cheaper than gtx1050 + R2700 (400eur)
not interested in games or similar crap

No it doesn't. And no, it costs less to overclock a ryzen compated to shintel. And there are cheaper boards that allow overclocking.
Get the fuck back to Jow Forumsamd kike.

Oy vey...
52%ers are out here early today.

>52%ers
whats that?

Isn't a 2200G or 2400G even cheaper if you really don't need more than 4 cores and an iGPU?

does it make me a bad person that i really want to get the 2700x just for a the rgb cooler ?

>not interested in games

Why getting a GTX card then? A GT 730 would probably still outperform the 8700 and it's like 30€.

No if I had the money I would just take a better option aswell. Unless youre tight on cash go for it

Yeah that stuff really doesn't matter, mine isn't either nor is it b-die and I'm running 3600

guru3d.com/news-story/whoops-amd-had-ryzen-threadripper-2990wx-cinebench-score-online.html

Ryzen doesn't actually need b-die though.
You're stuck in April 2017.

Yes
If you want to completely sure, the supported memory list for the motherboard you're intended on using.

>GTX1050
>not interested in games or similar crap

Youre very less likely to run into Ram issues with second Gen Ryzens and just in case second gen mobos (b450s, x470s). Ive scrounged through memory support lists as well and basically they dont test all the ram, it doesnt mean it's not supported, its just that they havent bothered to test it. Maybe if they had "Unsuported" list it would make it much easier, but from personal research it seems to be a resolved issue. Im getting my parts either today or tommorow, i have the CL16 RipjawsV 3200hz, that ram is either hynix or micron, other anons and reviews that list their builds confirmed they have them running at full speed.

>not interested in games
>buy a gaming GPU
the 1050 is a lot faster than a iGPU

>if I want to run on iGPU then Intel is much better choice
WHAT
Only with Radeon Vega...

Problem is that the APUs are kinda weak on the CPU side. I wish they'd make a 2600 with a Vega 11.

>weak on the CPU
For what? Unlocked Quad core with SMT that can push 4GHz all core?
When you're so massively bottlenecked by the integrated GPU anyway, the 2400G is completely overkill on the CPU side.

If you're not interested in games still a Ryzen 2400G is a much better option for the price.

The 4-core CCX design doesn't allow for 6 core with integrated GPU. AMD would have to create a completely new architecture revision just for a single VERY niche product. It just doesn't make sense.
With 7nm, there may be space for a design like this, and the predicted 48-core Epyc (12-core Die) would suggest that a 6-core CCX is in the works for Zen 2.

What? I use hyperfuryx 2400 and it works fine. I was npt aware that ryzen needs some special ram (besides what mobo supports)

stop replying to bait you idiots

you need at least 3Ghz RAM for Ryzen to show its full potential

Not everything dumb is bait. Often it's plain idiocy.

It doesnt need b die dumbass.
See the QVL of your mobo.

shut up kiddo

>Intel GPU is better
This is how shill looks like people.
Watch and earn to avoid them.

>implying you don't need ram for intel
nice try rabbi

I use 2300MHz ram and it runs better than my intel chips

oy vey he found me

which ram is better for Ryzen: single rank or dual rank? why? couldn't I just buy a good 2400MHz ram then overclock it to 2933MHz-3000MHz? which are the recommended low budget ram to buy that overclocks well and get Ryzen to its full potential?

3200MHz full potential
3000MHz acceptable

so im building my first pc, fanboy aside please, why is my friend who has a decked out amd pc trying to change to intel saying most games are optimized for intel/nvidia...i just want to know what the safer bet is, amd will give me a cheaper price overall but intel seems to be the go to....no bait just trying to spend my money wisely

if anybody is curious this is the build im going to purchase within the next month or so

pcpartpicker.com/list/DXg2bX

>i was pretending to be retarded

I would have spent at most 1000$ on the pc and kept the rest of it in stocks or use it for a holiday.

ryzens don't have iGPUs?

Scratch that, it depends on how many dimms you have too, i dont know what im talking about.

Some have, some don't
They need to have 'G' at the end of their name, like the 2200G

faster ram on ryzen means free overlock literally
faster ram on intel means nothing

Wew, I guess intlel isn't dying anytime soon

sadly

Get this costs like 180 usd it overclocks to 3200mhz with no problems desu

Attached: AEOM3Vy.png (732x470, 155K)

But what about CAS latency at 3200?

the fuck is that desu. I copied my timings of someone on some forum i dont really know about this shit. You can change the cas timing though

Seems to work fine with 2400.
Also my mobo doesn't suport 3k.
Also 3k too expensive.

2666 is decent, 2400 is kinda poor

The 3200 g.skill costs like $10 more.

looks like some low quality gamer meme ram though

They're literally have same hynix chips. except g.skill 3200 few are better binned.

I'm in Europe and 2166mhz RAM costs 145 Euros while 3200mhz RAM costs 165 Euros.

It's a lot more expensive if you go faster than 3200, but is it ever worth it?

> so what's the point.
you get to dab on them intel jews

3000-3200 is optimal, they're like $10 more than 2400

i bought g.skill f4-3200c14d-16gfx that set me back £213. ryzen seems like a pain in the arse when it comes to ram but that g.skill was on the qualified vendor list and i was tired of looking so fuck it.

Only Gen1 Ryzen was a bit more picky with RAM

>free overclock
>by buying more expensive ram
are amdtards really this stupid?

You can overclock 2666MHz RAM to 2993MHz.

based and redpilled

7 fps improvement is not marginal over 3200 cl14 vs regular

Depends on the game desu

You can't overclock 2400MHz to 3200MHz.

Integrated GPUs are unnecessary on mid to high end CPUs.

>buy 350$ indel
>2.5 years later ryzen with the same performance is like 150$
>tfw

>2016+2
RAM prices still not backing down
what the fuck?

>8700
>iGPU
nigga just get bentium

>(You)

My 1600 has 8GB "cheap" 2400MHZ chinese shit ram.
If anything, I want more of it instead of faster ones.

Yes it adds a few fps especially in newer games 5-7fps+
That's a cheap price difference, if your motheboard can support it I highly recommend

Haslel?

it'll be paired with with a 2700x and asus prime pro x470. i'll put it together sometime this week. hopefully it just werks.

Skymeme.

I'm running non b-die at 3200@16-16-16-34 on my r5 [email protected] and I'm happy with it. At the time I got the cpu and ram the intel alternative was a locked quad core or pay more for an unlocked quad core so yeah, Intel gave me no alternative and I can upgrade to a 2600/x for pennies selling this 1600. Or wait for zen2.

My 1600 has 16GB "hyperx" 2400MHz. Feel okay man.

yup using with my 2700 rn

I'm still stuck at 2667 with my 3200mhz team force nighthawk ram with an Asus tuf ab350m 10 bios revisions later. Wish I spent the extra money desu senpai

Yeah but that's two years later, could say that shit about anything

Intel is slightly faster on the high end.
For gaming, GPU is a lot more important.

There will be an 8-core i7-9700K for the same price in "a month or so".

Attached: 1285810345924.jpg (550x550, 160K)

Not for the previous 5 or so years before that in the CPU space. Ever since sandybridge things have been fairly stagnant. Sure you could get extra cores, but it came at a heafy price.

Arctic Silver can damage your components (it's thermally conductive). It's also not the best paste in $CurrentYear, so there's no point in taking the risk. I'd go for Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut instead.

>(it's thermally conductive
And we certainly wouldn't want out paste to be THERMALLY conductive.

oh really

Nobody cares about the 1 c differences between bad, average, and the best pastes.
Nobody.

I mean if I needed to use 1.45v and 20-20-20 timings to make a cheap 2400 kit run at 3200, tuen no I shouldnt do it.

Yeah, I have an even weirder ryzen issue.
If I set the ram to 3000, Windows won't boot. Set it to 2933, and it instantly bsods. 2800 and games run great, but quickly crash. I have to keep it at 2733.
So much for Ryzen.

nice try intel jew

(I was actually looking for advice desu, I really like my new build and just wanna get my money's worth out of it)