Why did you faggots lie to me that Windows 10 PRO is a memory hog?

Why did you faggots lie to me that Windows 10 PRO is a memory hog?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (670x548, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askvg.com/windows-10-tip-remove-cortana-microsoft-edge-contact-support-and-feedback-apps/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>766 MB for while doing literally nothing
If you can't see the problem, all hope is lost for you.

Tell me how you nigger
I could only get it down to 1.5GB usage

>poorfag RAMlets fighting over a few hundred megabytes like bums fighting over a moldy half-eaten mcdonalds burger
>meanwhile normal middle-class humans all have at least 32GB of RAM so they can enjoy all the superior features of Windows 10, like DirectX12

My phone has more memory than your PC.

Disable services you don't use
Get rid of useless apps from C:\Windows\SystemApps & C:\Program Files\WindowsApps (hidden folder)

>slow as fuck low power cuck ddr
Enjoy your shitty LPDDR speeds

To be honest 16GB is also fine, 8GB is the limit

I rather use my RAM than using my pagefile.

Attached: Taskmgr_2018-08-08_12-20-58.png (1650x1493, 105K)

I cant get to that second folder, keeps saying I dont have permission.

Can you upload a screen shot of your two folders to see what you left in there

Add "Take Ownership" Option in Files / Folders Context Menu in Windows

askvg.com/windows-10-tip-remove-cortana-microsoft-edge-contact-support-and-feedback-apps/

>windows 10 PRO
>comes with candy crush ads on the start menu

Could you explain the problem to me as well?

Attached: a7PKt.png (866x675, 33K)

> being this autistic

Attached: G3Gf2.png (264x60, 2K)

>ubuntu
>comes with amazon goy apps

because it is

Attached: Unbenannt.png (858x633, 106K)

Half of that is chrome and a game I'm running.

Attached: Taskmgr_2018-08-08_13-58-05.png (666x593, 31K)

>Mac/OSeX
>Literally a box of iToys and an unix shell

>any linux distro
>comes with firefox ads everywhere, preinstalled

here is your (you)

so you don't have an argument besides "it's ok when linux does it"

ofc he doesn't, he just shitposts endlessly about windows because he thinks that's why Jow Forums was made

ubuntu minimal doesn't have this problem! ^-^

There is literally no discernable difference between any of the Win10 versions, only between enterprise and non-enterprise.

> mcdonalds
> molding

Attached: image.jpg (750x563, 353K)

Faster than your shitty 1333Mhz DDR3.

Okay, I'll bite.
You see the cool thing about linux is that you can actually pick out a supported distro that doesn't shill firefox or amazon ootb. With Windows you either have to use outdated versions that will become obsolete in the next few years or you settle down with the garbage that is Windows 10 (and all of its versions).

Windows 10 is great. What's the problem exactly?

To be fair it really depends on your needs, but to me a lot of things are simply inconvenient (some apply to other versions of Windows):
>SaaS ideology
>Forced updates unless you do a hackjob to prevent them
>Cortana is a constant botnet unless you do another hackjob to kill it
>UI is more inconsistent than Linux
>Two control panels
>Constant hard disk usage, NTFS is a bitch
>Updating is like gambling, you may or may not end up with a broken OS
>Two UIs (Win32 and the metroshit)
>Start menu is arguably one of the worst compared to Windows 7
>Soon it's also gonna be a DaaS OS
>Preinstalled with ads
>Uninstalling a program never removes 100% of it
>The Windows rot, which is a problem with almost all versions of Windows
>Whenever you come across a problem which causes bootlooping you literally have no way of finding out what went wrong, and usually if anything goes wrong the only solution recommended is to just reinstall which is a pain in the ass
>Compared to Linux where if anything goes wrong you receive error messages that tell you what went wrong, which gives you a hint on what to fix. The solution is almost never to reinstall
I didn't even mention the obvious data tracking that Windows 10 does, and I could go on about what's wrong with it. But those are just some things that make Windows 10 unusable for me.

autistmx12 when vulcan exists

Attached: guccihi.png (491x476, 514K)

>UI is more inconsistent than Linux
>Two control panels
Haha - fair point on this one. They are improving it a lot but for whatever reason they're taking their time.
>Two UIs (Win32 and the metroshit)
This is virtually unsolvable - UWP is pretty great but migration will take forever and some may never move (think Steam)
>The Windows rot, which is a problem with almost all versions of Windows
I haven't had any real issues with this since Windows 8 but to be fair I'm selective about software and always tweak/cleanup unlike many.
>Cortana is a constant botnet unless you do another hackjob to kill it
This was great when I had a Windows 10 Mobile (Lumia 950 XL) but I don't think I've used it more than a handful of times since going back to Lagdroid.

my nLited XP used around 70-85MB ram though..

To be fair the Windows rot is kinda the user's fault for not housekeeping but that's kind of the problem - the user is required to do the other half of the work which I personally find unnecessary and sometimes very difficult depending on which program I'm uninstalling. Package managers on Linux do all of the work for you very well and it's really one thing I can say with certainty that Linux does far better than Windows.

UWP solves this by the way. It's going to take years and years to transition but eventually it will reach critical mass especially as they counter some of the remaining issues.

They use great preservatives, gotta give them that. In war time McDuck food will be the second most valuable after MRPs, canned food will be a measly third.

Caring about idle RAM usage is incredibly autistic, but regardless that is still high.
Back when I used XFCE it would only be about 300MB.

Depends on how many companies are willing to port their stuff over to UWP. It'd take money and time just to port their programs and they'd have to now manage two different versions (Win32 and UWP). I can only see it happening once Microsoft cuts off support for Windows 7 and 8.1 so that they have no reason to support the legacy Win32 versions anymore.

>What is win10 ltsb?

Ltsb comes completely bare bones. No Windows store, no tiles, no cortana, not even a picture viewer by default.

Could you take a screen shot of your disabled services for reference? I've never bothered since Windows 10 has heavy dependancies.

It's not accessible by normal means and big daddy Microsoft doesn't want you to use it but who the fuck gives a shit
It's the only version of Windows that I'd recommend to anyone if they absolutely need Windows.

>I can only see it happening once Microsoft cuts off support for Windows 7 and 8.1 so that they have no reason to support the legacy Win32 versions anymore.

I agree on that point. That's going to be the bare minimum before the win32/UWP question comes up but since win32 will be supported in Win 10 forever it won't be a fast transition even still.

Not worth cutting yourself off from the new developments. Just adapt.

>slowing down your system by killing processes
>still having ridiculous usage

The rot actually seems fixed with 10 now. I got Enterprise right when it released and couple years and updates later, it still runs like new. And I don't do any maintenance.

I own a legit win 10 pro key, but recently switched to Ltsb with KMSpico for activation. I figure I gave them money, so I should be able to get the optimal Windows experience without dealing with shit features I can't remove.

So it at least has the shell over Windows.

>win32 will be supported in Win 10 forever
Why'd they have to support something that'd be declared deprecated one day? Don't they have the excuse that "Windows 10 is a service" which means that they can mess around with it as much as they want? Seems like a waste of time forever supporting a feature that will become obsolete in a few years.

>Screenshot of Windows ten
Stopped reading there, OP, Windows 10 is a memory hog. Install gentoo

Because MS is all about legacy support. They are still forced to support the security cancer that are Office marcos.

I never understand the problem with this. How do you know your operating system is not just storing data in ram which it thinks you are going to use soon.

>1.58 GHZ
>1333 Mhz

Attached: trynottolaugh.png (1280x720, 484K)

>Linucks
>roughly 250mb idle on my desktop
>only 2% market share

>what are p states
As for the ram, you can go pretty fast with that, especially if you're using an FX cpu that really doesn't give a shit and performs as good as 1866.

>>what are p states
hacked by the alphabet government

Not in reality.

>XP
TinyXP also used 20-30MB but it was fucking compressed and chopped off to hell and back.

>slowing down your system by killing processes
>slowing down
Werkz on my machine

It should be taking more of your memory than that, that's the point of memory, to use it, if it were sitting there unused, you have a shit OS with bad mem management

>roughly 250mb idle on my desktop
>just gonna stare at that 250mb usage since no good software supports loonix

Wasnt tinyxp, my own nLited version that wasnt gimped to shit

>cached 1.6 GB

Never feel bad as a consumer stealing from $ms

They get obscene amounts of money from business'

Jow Forumsentoomen love posting screencaps of how little ram their OS uses
why? who knows what fuels autism

Well would it be smart to put window 10 onto an old ass computer that has 1Gb of RAM. The shit was actually running 32bit vista

That's still a shitload of RAM for being idle.

>Windows 10
Spotted the real problem