Why did Google feel it was necessary to ruin Android's UX in Android Pie?

Why did Google feel it was necessary to ruin Android's UX in Android Pie?

>app switcher shows only three (3) apps at once, making it super hard to flick through
>gesture navigation needs two swipes to get to app drawer, say goodbye to your buttons
>longpress app switcher to split screen no longer works, you now have to tap it once, and then tap the small app icon at the top, and then tap "split"
>clock now on the left; left no longer equals notification (thanks notch)
>now requires two swipes down of the notifications shade to see the settings button

Attached: android_pie_navigation_system_1533630783691.jpg (800x450, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iCFNXhiFnKY
500px.com/photo/147804177/up-by-tim-gaweco
google-wallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/pixel-2-xl-wallpapers-fresh-the-google-pixel-and-pixel-xl-wallpapers-backgrounds-app-here-of-pixel-2-xl-wallpapers.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Android copies iOS
nothing new here

It doesn't need two swipes. You're supposed to do a slight long swipe for a one flick motion. It's better this way since it adds more functionality. But yes, you were doing it incorrectly.

>we want the iOS audience
I'm surprised they haven't gotten rid of the app drawer yet

Everything you mentioned is just because you were doing everything incorrectly. Get smart.

So what about the split app feature. It's not a big deal and has the benefit of grouping more functions into one to save time overall. I thought it a nice touch. And who cares if the clock is on the left. I like it because it's the same width as the default system icons on the left. Nice balanced touch; less clustered. I don't feel your criticisms are worth their weight in terms of consideration. Android 9 "Pie" is going in the right direction. It's the best mobile operating system this far. I value the AI inputs, such as the AI controlled adaptive brightness levels. It automatically adjusts for conditions. Just one of many improvements. I also appreciate the fine tuning of details, including the blurring of aesthetics to align more with Chrome OS (which can install Linux apps now).

I have never been convinced that there are shills on Jow Forums, until I read this.

>mfw pajeetrection poomix does it better

Attached: pajeet.webm (720x1280, 2.67M)

I'm fucking fed up with practically every software project except blender
they should ask the users if they want the UI to change, or give them a permanent option to keep things the way they are

blender is the only project that is making good UI changes cause the old one was so awkward

>app switcher
Useless
Custom launcher solves most of this. Custom rom solves everything. If you use anything stock you are retarded.

Why didn't they just call it Android iPhone?

>Why did Google feel it was necessary to ruin Android's UX in Android Pie?
Because that's there core competence, besides being evil.
The only good mobile UIs are meego, BB10 and to some amount windows mobile.
But they're also very much dead, so your best (=least bad) bet is apple. At least it just werks.

so the trick is to releasing software purposefully trash so anything changed is an improvement?

>Why did Google feel
(X) Doubt

Why is everything so colorful and kindergarten like

>Adaptive brightness
How is that a new feature?

Attached: light.png (1022x1027, 58K)

>I value AI inputs
>AI controlled adaptive brightness
It's just auto brightness, I don't get why it needs memes like AI. Sure, it records what you like, but that's hardly AI

New AI.

Nah android is still better than ios by a lot, but fuck me if Google isn't desperately trying to mimic it.

The best Android update was Ice Cream Sandwich.

>gesture navigation needs two swipes to get to app drawer, say goodbye to your buttons
you can turn it off

Android qtπ

yes, the design change from gingerbread was amazing. Too bad Sony Ericsson fucked up the update, as always.

I doubt the people designing Android even use Android phones. They probably all carry iPhones.

AI is the new buzzword that impresses normies

Xiaomi doesn't have this problem

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-08-14-08-36-177_com.android.systemui.png (1080x2160, 616K)

Tbh it seems like they're trying to fear everything towards fuscia so they're making the design trend towards that so people are ready. Someone really need to make a viable Android alternative soon, it went from a good option to cancer.

Literally everything on that list gets solved in MIUI 10 before it even becomes a nuisance.

Is it a throwback to 4.x? No... Maybe 2.3? Wait, it's from 2009 Palm OS!

Attached: .jpg (669x480, 75K)

I tried switching to Lineage, but missed ugly old miui's app switcher, scrolling screenshots and seamless one-handed mode too much. Once you slap Nova and KLWP on it has both form and functionality

Because nobody can use the superior solution

youtube.com/watch?v=iCFNXhiFnKY

>that feel when you realize the truth
>google isn't just adding AI to their OS for the hell of it.
>their AI will learn from our choices
>our preferences
>our behavior

The singularity is nigh

Attached: embarrassed1.jpg (1024x819, 129K)

umm... sweetie

Attached: wp_ss_20180809_0001.png (480x800, 197K)

based

umm... hun

Attached: IMG_00000009.png (768x1280, 507K)

I miss Marshmallow and Nougat's designs. Hell, even Oreo would be better. Pic related when I was still on Nougat and hadn't bothered to flash Oreo yet.

Attached: Screenshot_20180608-141346.png (1440x2560, 346K)

...compared to now. Lowercase, rounded corners, and screen padding are pretty gay in comparison to before.

Attached: Screenshot_20180808-223438.png (1440x2560, 267K)

iOS copies Ubuntu mobile and Android nothing new here.

>clock now on the left;
you can move the clock retard

how?

Yeah how faggot

>only three
>only
>android 7 and 8 show 2 or 3
>2 is somehow greater than 3
>3 is greater than 3

I'm on Oreo.

Attached: Screenshot_20180809-013742.png (1080x1920, 2.5M)

Attached: Screenshot_20180809-013852.png (1080x1920, 2.11M)

My condolences

Everything after 7.1.2 is unusable

"We WebOS nao"

Eh it's been working well on my phone. It feels pretty much like Nougat except some things in settings were changed.

Oreo is not that different other than having a slightly different settings menu.

nice wallpaper, post original? :D

500px.com/photo/147804177/up-by-tim-gaweco

They copy apple if they really want the iOS audience they need something like imessage and for Snapchat to work better on stock Android devices. Fuck shit tier Android skins. Normal fags in the U.S just want imessage and snapchat to function well.

>app switcher shows only three (3) apps at once
>only
nigga android 8.1 doesn't even really show 3

Attached: Screenshot_20180809-115239.png (1080x1920, 448K)

jesus that phone is so comfy, no shitty distracting apps, outdated so no one will make any, does the basics of communication and has a web browser. Can it be any better?

Attached: Screenshot_ממשק_משתמש_של_המערכת_20180809-130510.png (1080x1920, 711K)

Cute Shinobs.

>Why did Google feel it was necessary to ruin Android's UX in Android Pie?
I'll do you one better: Why did Google feel it was necessary to ruin everything they ever made?
Seriously, they always start out with something nice and than fuck it up completely at some point.

Attached: 1434675135557.jpg (300x405, 36K)

Does this do anything? Seems to not do shit.

Attached: Screenshot_20180809-031657.png (1440x2560, 134K)

Have you tried rebooting after you changed the theme?

Yea, haven't noticed it changing anything.

Rip it might be broken. Are you on a custom ROM?

No, just installed the stock rom from Google.

Your app-drawer and notifications are now dark.

Ah, just noticed that. So in other words it's pointless.

I find it pretty and useful.
But that was an option since Oreo.

Everything is an eternal cycle.
But no one copies Ubuntu Mob/Touch/whatever.
Gesture-based navigation and other modernism come from webOS and MeeGo.

Oy vey

iOS is shit buddy
Only ameritards are still bounded to this Android VS iOS thing

this is good, though?
webOS was fucking amazing to use, and way ahead of its time in terms of UX. Shame palm had no idea what to do with it.

>say goodbye to your buttons
Pie has the option to use buttons or gestures

Google do be like
Less continuity = better

Miui 10 made miui usable now.
But lineage is way better. I only miss the scrolling screenshot thing.
Miui isn't even that bad, the worse thing is the chink spyware Xiaomi has buried in the OS

Wtf Windows phone has a file manager?
iOS btfo once again.

How do I download the pic?

>But that was an option since Oreo.
I don't see it

buy a license button on the right

Attached: ui6VQcRmrD.jpg (300x295, 28K)

Ruin? Android was always ugly and inconsistent.

You are correct. Third worlders and europoors (same thing lmao) love Android. Can’t imagine why, probably because of the low price, but I bet it sucks ass having to install an antivirus on a phone and buy a new phone every year

It came in a wallpaper app built into my rom.

>anti virus on a phone
Wtf are you retarded? Sure if you want to install disguised spyware go ahead. Either way I wonder what Google play protect is.
>android
>cheap
The new Note 9 will cost 1500 dollars.
And you have the option to buy cheap phones and expensive ones while on apple you pay 1000 dollars for sub chick phones build quality.
Don't even know why I answered the bait.

Attached: file.png (667x1000, 1.13M)

Thanks user

google-wallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/pixel-2-xl-wallpapers-fresh-the-google-pixel-and-pixel-xl-wallpapers-backgrounds-app-here-of-pixel-2-xl-wallpapers.png

that's probably the next to go

gtfo this is a 100% shill retard
Get a proper job scumbag

The funny thing is that Google pays retards to shill their shit on fucking Jow Forums
What a waste of money.

old adaptive brightness just used the light sensor and used preset values (very sunny == full brightness, very dark == lowest brightness, in between == in the middle) etc

the new adaptive brightness uses a little more info such as the app you are using and how you manually adjust things. eg if you check instagram in bed and always put the brightness a bit higher than auto to look at the images it will remember that, whereas if you read some news website in chrome or a dedicated app and lower the brightness a bit from the auto setting it will remember that also. then it will auto-change the brightness based on what app you are using, the time of day, etc.

it tries to be a bit more intelligent about things.

Is there any way to turn this shit off completely? Also that oval thing at the bottom of the screen that brings up Google. What is gaaps?

This, thanks user, MIUI 10 is the best iteration of Android I've ever used, I thought 9.5 was the peak, that they couldn't do better, but suddenly I can fast swap apps, my Mix2 is the best phone I've had just for the interface navigation alone, when I need to use someones phone I turn into an idiot edge swiping primate, and it's not my problem, it's their problem, how the fuck Samsung didn't clone this? They have these curved edge screens that makes the gesture feel so natural, I just don't get it.

Why are phones so shit?
I wanted to upgrade from my redmi note 3 pro but every single phone made in the last two years are just tumors.
Ended up buying a NOS xperia z3 compact

>company ruled by sjw is shit
Call the press.

Updates are so terrible. Their update philosophy should be that there is a standard experience that doesn't change, but it becomes more and more customizeable over time. Instead your carefully configured setup is ruined every time.

ruined every time for any and every trendy finger snaps and ukelele sterile tv commercial design trend that comes blowing in

The phones were garbage and so was the UI. Even the back was glued on the damn things. I don't know what shit you guys are smoking.

isnt the back glued like on every android phone

>chinese botnet

Material design is completely outdated. I love it.