Post tech you had high hopes for but fell short of the mark

Post tech you had high hopes for but fell short of the mark.

Attached: happy consumer.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fehjgfr3sh123eghr00m.onion
buy.metavision.com/products/meta2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

turned into a boring goldrush

Attached: 1530855656239.jpg (318x159, 12K)

It seemed like a cool idea.

Attached: google-project-ara.jpg (782x521, 164K)

This shit was good for like a week, now I permantly have it on warm white

The more I think about it, why would I want my bathroom red?

Attached: 1529469716585565185.jpg (400x400, 6K)

>botnet glasses
I wonder what theyre doing with google glass data these days desu

>meal recommendations based on how long you stared at donuts in Walmart

The internet.

>Possibility to freely distribute information
>Journals and papers hidden behind paywalls, sci-hub's mirrors get taken down regularly
>Possibility to connect with people from around the globe within seconds
>Internet censorship, anti-hatespeech laws
>Possibility to have a great place with free flow of information and potential to do almost everything
>98 % of the internet consists of places to buy stuff from and people who want to make you buy stuff

This timeline sucks.

Attached: wojak.jpg (1600x900, 53K)

>It seemed like a cool idea.
For those that don't understand electronics, supply chain management, mechanical design, and/or those that completely disregard reliability, function and practicality, for some sort of fashion statement, yes.

Attached: really-mii.png (450x582, 330K)

All of it. It all falls short. People are stupid and can't do anything right.

they're mostly used by factory workers last I heard

tfw this hits hard. fuck normies for ruining every single industry and flooding companies with diversity hires and pajeets. I can't get my hopes up for anything these days, everything falls short and no good new ideas ever get any attention from the media.

i don't have this type, but being able to control my bedroom light without having to get out of bed is godsend
ofc it would be partly redundant if i had a switch within reach, but the colour changing is handy for time of day too

wrong

>Post tech you had high hopes for but fell short of the mark.

Attached: glenda.jpg (400x535, 16K)

do you know the red room?

Attached: 4L_ruLBId9G.jpg (1024x577, 39K)

fehjgfr3sh123eghr00m.onion

or for all you know thats a total assumption and for all you and your shitty animu reaction image could be wrong

>or for all you know thats a total assumption

No it isn't. Considering all the attention it got at the time and the money thrown at this by Motorola and Google, I'm pretty confident in saying that this was a failed project that couldn't be implemented cheaply.

Looking at the industry trend of packing more features into a single chip, the reliability of connecting hundreds of pins required to have 'upgradable cpu/ram', the extra space/thickness that comes with making that work, etc. doomed the original version and the revised bs from the get go.

Also, considering the phones from motorola that came out of this are used by like 10 people, I think I've seen and presented enough evidence to support my argument...

Attached: Best girl smug.png (460x490, 232K)

Is HoloLens still even being developed or was it just vaporware?

Remember me?

Attached: 1528660336273.jpg (600x400, 48K)

They actually found a market for them. They are used by factory workers, airplane mechanics, and other type of related things

Seriously I want some pair of glasses that will allow me to watch videos on them while I jog, would make it a lot more fun and trim down my backlog.

Anything like that? Not really concerned with price.

You can buy and use one, so I don't think it qualifies as vaporware.

that sounds extremely dangerous

this, i made $54 mil but now i understand how small and unimportant i am, i wanted btc to change my life not just make me rich.

Attached: sad-man-face-thinking_sjbijv6dl_thumbnail-full08.jpg (1920x1080, 365K)

i just want an AI person to have sex with so that i dont need to clean where i put my pee pee in.

always born too early for the good stuff. god this timeline sucks.

Truly we live in the dark ages of the Internet. I miss the AOL days.

Attached: fading away.jpg (1452x848, 120K)

Yep. I fell for the solar freakin' roadways meme

Attached: Solar_Roadways_Rendering_694_534_80_c1.jpg (694x534, 93K)

Some day

Attached: ASeriesOfTubes.jpg (800x571, 79K)

retarded concept, just add sockets to everything inside on the mainboard. THAT would be the way and as a matter of fact, it is a way you can go with some select devices, e.g. the firefox phone (which can be installed android on), that one had a socketed camera. there's more out there. it's supply and demand, nobody demands that shit. I don't think that nobody actually wants something like that, I just think people don't know it's possible and or believe advertising lies/untruths. so it's not available.

Pic related is what I had high hopes for, but it turned out to be borderline useless due to the insane pricing in my country.
There's only 3 contracts worth considering (2x80€/month high bandwidth contracts + 1x 25€/month low bandwidth contract), but I'm a prepaid only guy, so shit's fucked

FUCK POST PAID NIGGER CATTLE
FUCK THEM ALL TO DEATH

Attached: 4G_LTE.png (335x220, 4K)

I almost got these last year. Went for an upgrade for my PC instead. Dodged a bullet there.

Attached: shite_fad.png (1800x785, 212K)

Sadly, the owner fell short.

Attached: 01-02-2017-04-20-24[1].png (745x395, 115K)

lol'd

You could always get a Chinese sperm extractor. No AI, but it's hands free and got temperature control!

Attached: c5dLUDl.gif (320x240, 1.65M)

>reliability
I quite like idea of having multiple backup parts in my pocket

A little pricey at 3-5k

I've been interested in these:
buy.metavision.com/products/meta2

first for Jow Forums.org

Where do you fucking think I run? The freeway? It's called a no motor traffic zone.

Red for evenings. Actually, warm orange is better. Green for mornings, blue for when someone who you do not like visits. Disco/ambilight mode as an extra.

These were constantly sold out... people lined up and joined waiting lists for a shot at glass.

Then suddenly it died despite massive demand. Strange.

It didn't fit the privacy friendly image of Google.

privacy concerns killed it (google killed it, not the market, probably because they feared lawsuits)

i.e. the recording without consent and shit

As opposed to our in pocket spy phones? People are honest to fucking Christ stupid aren't they?

Yep. The mindset is:
>oh, phone in my pocket constantly recording audio and data. Camera can't be on, I didn't take a selfie. Harmless.

VS.

>REEEEEEEEEEE IT'S ON HIS FACE, HE'S TAKING PHOTOS OF ME BY BLINKING REEEEEEEEE I CAN'T SEE WHAT HE'S DOING ONLY HE CAN REEEEEEEEE.

seething retards.

Wasn't it because people wearing them were getting punched?

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
-- George Carlin

Attached: GeorgeCarlin.jpg (753x1024, 332K)