How hard is it to use a trackpad mouse with no buttons?

How hard is it to use a trackpad mouse with no buttons?
It seems now almost no laptops have mouse buttons anymore.
And now I'm faced with the choice of a laptop with actual mouse buttons, but Intel UHD 620 graphics, or a laptop with Nvidia graphics, without mouse buttons.
7 years ago I was able to adapt to when the track pad was no long a dip in the frame, but I still had the buttons.

I'm not TOO concerned about the graphics, but I'd like to always be able to play any game if I decide to check out steam or such.

So are best graphics worth giving up mouse buttons? And if any of you have no mouse buttons how hard is it to adapt, the laptop I'm looking at doesn't even have the little line.

Attached: Surface-Book-touchpad.png (1430x791, 904K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-laptop-17t-3en04av-1
store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-laptop-17t-touch-optional-3qb14av-1
youtube.com/watch?v=Das2Ag3B1F8
youtube.com/watch?v=YQEjGKYXjw8
acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-series/predatorhelios500
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you're ever going to play anything at all, you're going to be using a mouse, so it won't matter.

not hard at all if you get a non-shit trackpad (i.e. macbook). too bad most laptops (i.e. non-macbooks) have shit trackpads. enjoy.

precision enabled trackpads are fine

The buttons are there, they're just part of the trackpad and not outlined for modern aesthetics

It's not too hard. Most manufacturers are competent with the design although the lesser known ones might have some issues with wobbling or drivers that you can easily shrug off if you so wish. It also allows for the glass option, which feels really nice (just the right amount of friction tbqh, using one right now) and prevents degradation.

That said, it's alright to let go. If you plan to do anything that involves clicking the RMB and LMB at the same time (probably shooters or some shit since you said you like games just get yourself a decent mouse. You get a wheel, macros and all that other shit that you never would have have gotten with just a trackpad.

Attached: inspect.webm (882x650, 2.88M)

Pretty much anything past 2016 will be fine because MS finally told Synaptics and Elan to fuck off and overrode their drivers with their own.

Attached: 1526243260115.png (863x948, 614K)

Don't misunderstand, I'd definitely use a real mouse for the games.
It just I'm not much of a PC gamer, so I'm wondering if not feeling the sensation of a button or a click is gonna be worth it for the best graphics.
I'm stuck with HAVING to buy an HP laptop. Long story short, since I couldn't return a laptop back for real cash, I'm stuck with $1,100 in HP gift cards. Can't sell them unless I only want $750 in cash through sketchy sell your cards sites. I know I won't be able to sell the Laptops for full price, and definitely not in the time frame I want. And won't have $1,200 in the foreseeable future.

Its a choice between the following

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-laptop-17t-3en04av-1

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-laptop-17t-touch-optional-3qb14av-1

Also, AMD graphics aren't for me because everytime I right clicked with AMD graphics in MPC, it froze.

Trust me when I say HP is god awful.

This isn't how my MacBook pro trackpad works. You click anywhere on the pad to perform a click.

My laptop before that was as you said, however.

Apple is the only manufacturer to do the trackpad correctly. Besides the gestures and feel and whatever, I'm referring to the Force Touch trackpad, which really feels like an actual click no matter where you press with equal force, and 2nd level clicks if you press harder.

Expect this to trickle down to your Acers, HPs and Dells in like 5 years maybe. They seem to be happy with their bottom corner clicking trackpads.

Attached: 1511461036223.jpg (615x820, 152K)

I'm just now returning an OMEN laptop. Omen fucking sucks. Its definitely fast and strong. But definitely don't buy one unless the only thing you want to do is gaming.
It doesn't have a natural home key. The home key is replaced by "Omen Command Center" a key that brings up setting up your macros and tells you your data usage and temperature. Fucking annoying. If you want to use the Home key either turn off numlock and click 7, click FN+Omen Key, or FN+Left arrow.
Fuck that.
Plus the sound is bad. I think its because despite being heavy, it has a lot of "holes" in it, like the exhaust, the in take and such. So they shove these huge loud Bang & Olufsen speakers in it and its too loud for its own good.
You can hear the sound coming out from all sides of the laptop, even the keyboard so it makes this distorted, loud and muffled all at the same time jumbled mess of noise.
And if you have the volume above 50% its distorted.

The reason I was given the $1,100 gift card is because the laptop before the omen had distortion in the left speaker and when they tried to fix it the first time, they "stressed" the brackets and it cause the frame to creak at the time.

HP fucking sucks.
They actually gave me $1,200 in gift cards, but I had $100 left over after buying the omen. I but an HP mouse pad, a HP mouse, and Omen Headset.
The mouse pad ended up being 10in x 12in (their smallest) so I returned it because it was way to fucking big for my desk. The mouse was too small. And the Headset was sub par.

I have one of those on a shitty netbook. It's basically impossible to right-click because the trackpad detects your finger and clicks or moves instead.
Fuck I miss my computer

See this is what I'm afraid of.
It seems the only laptops that even offer clickable buttons are gaming laptops and like 2% of everyone else.
And of course the ones that aren't for gaming end up having low specs be it only 4GB ram, 500GB data, Ii3 or i5 processors, and or meh gpu.

>Someone says Apple laptops have the best trackpads
>Post a picture saying that you should be using a mouse instead of a trackpad

Apple trackpads are great. It actually lets me bring my laptop into the living room and comfortably use it while the laptop is sitting on my lap.

No one here is saying that it's better than a mouse.

I'd go for the Envy, tbqh. Not crazy about 17" laptops to begin with but it seems like everything inside is serviceable (go for SSD option). Even the smallest one if you have to so you get the extra connector.

youtube.com/watch?v=Das2Ag3B1F8

>go for SSD option). Even the smallest one if you have to so you get the extra connector.
Explain further, I know nothing about SSD. The last time I bought a laptop was 2011.

/thread

>MLP on lap
You don't get your testicles burned?

>>"I'm referring to the Force Touch trackpad"
>prajeet posts an old MacBook Air, without said trackpad

Indians in charge of reading comprehension. Don't you have some aluminium sheets to bend?

Attached: pajeet learns material science.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

Attached: 1511973728216.png (337x372, 17K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YQEjGKYXjw8

This video is outdated now, meaning SSDs are a lot cheaper today. HDDs are still even cheaper than that, but there's no reason not to have an SSD in your machine.

Also, the other video shows that the HDD configuration doesn't come with space for a second SSD. Unless you can do without that extra slot, you should just get a model with an SSD.

Get a thinkpad

It's quite shitty, I can't get used to it but I'm old.

Worst type is "full click" ones where whole touchpad is button.

Just get a Thinkpad retard. They all have mouse buttons and you have the choice of nvidia graphics. Even then, I have never used the buttons on my Thinkpad.

You'll get used to it pretty fast, as did I.

>How hard is it to use a trackpad mouse with no buttons?
You just tap with one or two fingers. Drag up/down with two fingers to scroll. Are you retarded or what?

Attached: 7dbffb772e1729f5049b8a1e7d83b7db.jpg (2048x1024, 101K)

acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-series/predatorhelios500

Thinkpad E series you idiot