So my landlord set the nest to 78 degrees and locked it with a pin and wont go any lower then 78

so my landlord set the nest to 78 degrees and locked it with a pin and wont go any lower then 78
i can take it off the wall and hook it up to my computer but cant seem to fully reset it

any way i can get some ac before bed?

Attached: nest_3rdg_base.jpg (1200x800, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

honeywellhome.com/en/products/thermostat/ct87-round-non-programmable-thermostat
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Leave house and buy new nest.

Tell your landlord to stop being a piece of shit.

>using a (((Nest)))
>having a (((landlord)))
also pretty sure thats illegal unless you live in a third world shithole

Attached: Qhk-Fy6idYyuRib7uMU7MJPrghrnUaK07D7VxSjfTqU.jpg (736x552, 67K)

>landlord tells you what temperature you must live at

Attached: as.webm (1024x576, 1.32M)

thought about buying a new nest just to fuck with him

i do everyday

How is this legal?
Also is there a limit on maximum tries?

Buy a shitty old thermostat and connect it to the AC wires. Set it as low as it goes and wait till he sees the electric bill.

as someone who frequents hotels that do this all you need to do is switch the yellow and white wires and turn the heat on

your welcome

Attached: 1521593558737.jpg (1000x1500, 221K)

Isn't 75 the perfect temperature? Do you really need to set it lower?

By landlord do you mean your Dad?

probably mum.
also shit man, it's already at least 4 degrees cooler in that basement that you're in, how low do you need it to sleep? Are you that fat?

>renting
Lmao fucking poorfags. Feels great to set my thermostat to whatever the fuck I want

no need to go all technical with it, just put something hot to nests sensor and it will get tricked into getting the room colder. one of those cheap usb slippers warmers should do the trick.

i dont know how legal it is because i dont have a lease and i dont have one because he wants it under the table but i should prob get one because he does shit crazy all the time like this

>75
>78

Move. When he asks why, say because you can't control the temperature.

Pretty fuckin simple. Stop being an estrogen filled sap letting people walk over you.

Dude, what country are you in? You should really have a lease otherwise you have no recourse for the landlord fucking you over.

Attached: 1490041616311.jpg (3251x1829, 901K)

rent is hella cheap and im a jew

its really just the fact that i pay to live here yet he thinks he can control the temperature and doesnt live here

if the thermostat is in there, couldn't you blow a hairdryer on it to trigger the ac?

>Landlord controlling the temperature
That sounds pretty illegal desu, do you have a tenancy agreement?

USA i live in NC, and yeah i need a lease

According to The Fresh Prince of Bel-air, air conditioning is a commodity and not protected by renter agreements. Besides 78 is just fine, some people have to deal with high 90s, high humidity, and high electric costs.

You could even keep a hot hand towel on the thermostat, just microwave it every so often

the 78 degrees pussy versus the 110 degrees Chad
>no ac in desert
>bare ass naked on mesh chair
>constant misting water on chiseled body
>three oscillating fans
>two gallon mega water jars
>windows securely barred shut

A/C isn't a commodity and anyone that says otherwise hasn't lived in 35C+ weather for months at a time.

>Besides 78 is just fine,
>~25.5°C
fuck off, this is not "just fine", 68-64 would be just fine

Does America even have laws that help tenants like jornal countries?
Like here in aus we complain to real estate and depending on the problem we can say we wont be paying rent till it is fixed and they get cool with it

> rent is hella cheap and im a jew
then stop fucking complaining and trying to fuck with your already generous landlord

25.5C isnt hot
It is near perfect temperature
35C is pretty uncomfortable but bearble and nice with just a fan.
Fuck anything over 40C or 80%+ humidity

with 35% humidity, 25C is quite fine

Are your bills included or something? Why the fuck would a landlord lock the temperature of where YOU live? Does he tell you when to go to sleep as well?

Is 'landlord' code for 'mother'?

>above 20C
>fine
wahmen detected

25°C is fucking cold, people fly to the south to get more than that

wtf is this thread, OP and murricans, you are retard

This. Probably your best bet OP

>Be irish, be used to 13~17°C
25 is fucking hot

>be american
>waste resources
>get shot

Green is Fan, Yellow is cooling, white is heating, and red is power. Cross the red and Yellow wires and you should turn the ac on I cant remember if you'd need the green too or if it goes automatically, or just blast the thermostat with a hair dryer

Just heat up the room with an oven, hair dryer, hot air pistol or something, then it'll cool down

Also if there is a black wire, don't cross it with anything. You will short the control board on the furnace.

Your parents will kick you out sooner or later.

I think you should call the police and sue him.

look over the laws of landlords/tenats. In most non-shit 3rd world places, the laws favor tenats.

t. landlord

Bong here.
Know this feel.

>25°C is fucking cold
Must suck living in Uganda

>25.5C isnt hot
Fuck you. 18c is perfect

do you not wear multiple layers of clothing and long sleeves at 18C?

>multiple layers of clothing and long sleeves at 18C?
I don't wear that even at 3c

Get a boxfan, some tubes, a foam cooler, and fill it with ice water. Make your own ac.

> (OP)
>Green is Fan, Yellow is cooling, white is heating, and red is power. Cross the red and Yellow wires and you should turn the ac on I cant remember if you'd need the green too or if it goes automatically, or just blast the thermostat with a hair dryer

Easy enough to test, but since a good VDM is about $35, and a new nest is like $150.

He is treating you like a shit toast.
Get some clip leads, and find both the power and the ground. Call Nest and ask them for a SCHEMATIC. Hook up switches from Power to both Fan, and Cooling. Turn on both and AC!

Take control of the situation, also remember the Nest has REMOTE MONITORING.

Disable its net connection.

Attached: NEST Fuck those assholes.jpg (944x624, 98K)

>embrace the mold

Pull that piece of shit out and connect Red and Yellow. That'll turn on AC. You don't need to hook up any other wires.

Disconnect that one but keep it there for looks

Do this ( conceal it if possible )

No, get some gloves, connect red to yellow and put the nest back in place. AC will be on and no one could tell without taking the nest out.

Take a paperclip and stick it into two of the four wires. Keep doing it until you find the combo that is the switch for the AC. You can't cause any damage you're just jumping relays.

This kills the jewgle.
honeywellhome.com/en/products/thermostat/ct87-round-non-programmable-thermostat

Attached: The-Round-Hero.png (450x390, 192K)

Some form of heating element next to it?