How sane is the process of learning and developing C# and dotnet Core in a systemd/linux distro?

How sane is the process of learning and developing C# and dotnet Core in a systemd/linux distro?

Attached: images.jpg (302x167, 8K)

Bump

I would not do that to be quite honest. C# works best in a windows environment using VS, monodevelop just isn't worth putting up with on GUN/Linux. Run a windows 7 VM with VS and you'll be better off.

I have no experience, but this doesn't sound like something a sane person would attempt.

Why would anyone use mono develop over VS code?

It's absolutely fine

I'm not a fan of VS code, but mono is decent for writing stuff with C# in a GNU/Linux environment, yet Visual Studio is better than both of those IDEs

This guy has it. If you're dedicating yourself to .NET, it's better to stick to Windows. If you're on Linux, .NET Core *is* an option, but is not as extensive as .NET Framework for applications.

If you are dedicated to Linux, you would be better off using something else entirely.

>developing dotnet Core in a systemd/linux distro
Are you on drugs?

go to windows or use java instead

.net core is designed to be cross-platform, therefore some sacrifices had to be made. It has no standard GUI library for example.

>monodevelop
Why not Ryder?

Works pretty damn well as long as you don't want a gui.

Absolute cancer.
C# is vstudio tumor

MS uses it for their azure stuff, so, who knows.

Just use Electron for that, user.

Today very easy, visual studio code, support C# and .net core 2.1 outbox.

But no GUI and a lot packages don’t get support.

.NET core will do the job, but as other anons have pointed out GUI might be a hassle.
You could use Electron or Avalonia for that, though.

This. I started writing a native library wrapper in monodevelop. Shit crashed everytime i user debugger tooltip. The need for a memory viewer mare me switch ti VS2017. It just werks

Mono is still cool to learn, since It offers some nice facilitare like mkbundle, AOT and remote debugging

Fuck the autocorrect

its way more doable nowadays considering microsofts new documentation is actually really helpful and descriptive but obviously shit is going to be much easier (and you'll be more productive) with VS+R#.