How the fuck do i stop spammers from calling me?

For like a year now, I've been getting these spam phone calls like 4 times a day every day and its driving me nuts. Usually it comes from a random unknown number from the US so I can't just block them because they use a new one every time. If I don't pick up, the fuckers call me 3 more times in a fucking row. If I answer its just some automated message about some bullshit free health assessment. How do I deal with this without changing my number?

Attached: aaaa_1.png (1920x1080, 2.39M)

>If I don't pick up, the fuckers call me 3 more times in a fucking row.
Let them. If you pick it up, they'll know the number is active.

Nothing. There's nothing you can do. They will keep calling and no one, not your service provider, not the FCC, not God himself can stop them. Even if you change your number. Because there are thousands upon thousands of instances of programs that just dial out to numbers and play ads, and these programs are completely automated and simply try every possible phone number. They will spoof their own numbers as anything to bypass blacklists, sometimes even using a real person's number.

The only way to actually avoid them is to use a whitelist system. I barely call people anymore anyway, as do most people, honestly phone calls are kind of a legacy form of communication like physical letters. They're primarily used for ads now. So what I did was enable the Do Not Disturb function on my phone, which blocks all calls, then enabled an option that allows numbers from my contacts list to call me. The only people who'd be calling me are either already there or will be added in the future anyway. And if they really can't reach me, they'll text me.

>So what I did was enable the Do Not Disturb function on my phone, which blocks all calls, then enabled an option that allows numbers from my contacts list to call me. The only people who'd be calling me are either already there or will be added in the future anyway. And if they really can't reach me, they'll text me.

came here to post this

Yeah i knew this and just ignored them for the longest time but eventually i just decided to pick up and hopefully tell whoever it was to fucking stop. Big mistake.

Same issue with me, I get like 4 different calls in a row sometimes.

That's what you get for laughing at GDPR.

Funny this happened to me from time to time, eventually stopped and I always hanged up. When I answered they asked me if I was another person so I just hanged up. Anyways I changed my phone number

Just start acting creepy. Ask them what they're wearing, what their kids are wearing, stuff like that.

Use a white list instead of a black list.

>their country is so cucked they dont have laws against this shit

lmao

US laws dont matter to pajeets

weird that only your 3rd world country has this issue then

I gotchu. Some other user screen capped this.

Attached: 1525447172421.png (1439x1583, 240K)

Part 2:

Attached: 1525447235226.png (1383x1000, 177K)

Attached: Ask_for_email_address_get_email_address.png (500x334, 302K)

use a smaller font and make one image you fucking cancerous nigger

I didn't make it. Go gargle on more dongs, you whiney cunt.

then fix it you lazy faggot

I'm not yelling across the intertubes at someone to fix something that set off their autism. You bitched about it, so do something about it.

Attached: 1530214833845.jpg (400x566, 37K)

Set silent ringtone as default then use your anime opening ringtone for contacts. If someone unknown calls you they can leave a voice mail or send an SMS where they identify themselves.

ye ur just a fag

Do you guys never have to deal with couriers and shit?

No. If I order something online they try to deliver it to my door but if I'm not home they dump it at the nearest post office or DHL service point. I then get a text message or e-mail.

Fucking genius m8.

I found out that with a self-hosted PBX you can set up call forwarding and additional menus. It seems like if you made it so that anyone who called had to go through a menu in order to actually reach you then it might stop most spammers entirely as they either wouldn't bother or wouldn't be real people. Is there a way to set up automatic answering or anything on a cell phone to send to a PBX for filtering?

This.
Only way to stop it is to block everything that isn't on your contacts

OR

Use Google Voice. I noticed when I used a whitelist the phone calls got more 'serious'. instead of insurance scams, they were now saying I owed money or that I was in legal trouble or that there was an on-going investigation. I actually called back the number once and a real person picked up. Makes me sick an actual person does this shit.

You can use a mobile voice gateway, but unless you really like VoIP systems, building your own fucking PBX just to avoid spam seems a bit excessive.

This. Had a lady call me and ask why I kept calling her. Apparently scumbags were spoofing local numbers since we both had the same first 6 digits of our numbers

I pay $100/month for a landline that I don't answer unless I recognize the Caller ID.

What would Alexander Graham Bell think if he could see telephony in 2018?

Play along and waste their time.
>tons of funny videos of this on YT
>if you can infect a scammer’s PC and fuck with them, that’s even funnier
>>tons of videos of that too
>the more time you waste, the less time scammer can scam
>the less scams = low performance = get fired, because third-world shitholes don’t have sympathy, empathy, or any work ethic

>2018
>still believes Alexander Graham Bell invented phones

Attached: 1520784448015.gif (180x180, 223K)

Do not call list. I haven't had a problem like that in years.

>muh alexander bell invented the phone
that's what the american propaganda want you to think

also I generally ignore all numbers that uses a prefix located outside my city.

>a list of people who specifically want to be called
thanks for the suggestion

That worked for me when getting calls from India to the UK. Had to stick with it for a couple of days though.
> we understand there's a problem with your
broadband, can you open this test app
> fucking TeamViewer

I never pick up the phone unless is someone from my contacts list.

If I check a random phone and there's any sign of spam I block them.

If I had a bad day though, I pick it up and insult them.

Why not just fuck with them? If your gonna keep answering, go along with them for awhile and waste their time for the rest of us.

I once collected some info on some agency that kept calling me and reported them to the German authorities responsible for phone numbers and combating abuse from automatic dialers etc. They had a form you could fill out.
They said they'll look into it, and a few weeks later they stopped. Hope they got raided by the feds.

>they did something about it
only in germany

No, I'm pretty sure it's now illegal to phone spam in the US, too.There was a recent lawsuit won by a family who sued a robo-dialer for millions and won.

Wow. The best part is that these scams work on most people.

The weird thing is I actually did have a broadband problem, so I have to wonder if somebody is passing on account information to the spammers. Could just be coincidence though.

Reports procedure:
>BT refer me to my ISP
>ISP refer me to BT
>Find police complaints form myself
>It doesn't have anywhere to put phone numbers

Yeah, anyone can analyze ISP outages and online complaints by customers in a given location.

>It doesn't have anywhere to put phone numbers
Kek, the law at its finest.

Was getting 10 calls a day a year ago before I changed my number. Just started getting them again 2 weeks ago.
They're persistent I'll give them that.

I set up no answer forwarding on my phone, and pointed it at the fax machine at my workplace. Nothing says "Bad Number" quite like 1500Hz and full gain.

>YOUR UBER CODE IS
>YOUR UBER CODE IS
>YOUR UBER CODE IS
I DON'T EVEN FUCKING USE UBER

Attached: 1486953900781.jpg (940x708, 159K)

Get a SIP trunk too and spam the spammers.

>that’s what you get for laughing at totally unrelated thing

>laws have no borders
>i have no argument
>american
It’s been illegal to phone spam for years, decades I think. The problem problem is that spammers aren’t the telemarketers of yore who were easily tracked.

Attached: 30E0B86F-13F5-42BE-B494-80576458CD04.png (645x729, 103K)

Just call them back

By very definition US cannot and will not ever be a third country. It will always be first world, which means “aligned with US and its allies in world war 2”

Block all calls unless they're in your contacts. The pajeets have been spoofing the first 6 digits of my phone number lately.

I block all anonymous numbers.

What? First world countries are those in NATO, second world is Warsaw pact, and third are neutral.

Can't you put them on a VM?