/spg/ - Smartphone General

Galaxy Note 9 Edition
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/8/9/17658576/samsung-galaxy-note-9-specs-price-release-date-camera-screen-battery-2018

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual phone size comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: Galaxy-Note-9-TB-Launch-Shoot-4.jpg (2608x1889, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2018/08/09/samsung-galaxy-note-9-vs-iphone-x/
youtu.be/M0-pdZYJYPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If I were rich I'd definitely buy that phone

for me its the s9

Attached: 1531417900827.jpg (1000x1000, 1.35M)

I've been going through hours of pajeet video reviews on youtube and I'm still unsure what midrange phone I should get. Currently torn between the new xiaomi Mi A2 and the Nokia 7 Plus.

I want a decent camera which the nokia seems to lack, headphone jack, sd card and a decent battery is what the xiaomi lacks though. what recs do you guys have?

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-A2-730x349.png (730x349, 134K)

Not the Note 9?

Redmi Note 5 with GCam

There's something i just don't like about samsung phone designs if im honest
I wouldn't buy it just because i value design over function when it comes to top range shit.

That photo is beautiful. So crisp.

>headphone jack, sd card and a decent battery
Get the Nokia 7 Plus then.

Seconding Note 5. Judging from the reviews, there isn't much difference between the pictures it takes compared to the 6X/A2.

oneplus 6 shreks S9 and X in mechatronic tests and most benchmarks, and they don't get artificially gimped a year and a half after release; peoples oneplus 3's are just as fast now as they were when they were released. oxygen OS is bloat free and unlocked.

Attached: dual 8 core 64 gb w quadro 8gb.jpg (4608x3456, 3.92M)

I just ordered a s9+ a few days ago, did I fuck myself over by not waiting for the note? It doesn't seem all that different aside from the stylus.

if that pic was from a op6, that's trash

nah, the op6 camera is as good as professional level cameras from 5 years ago. almost all cameras are great nowadays.

I might be bias since I have a pixel 2 xl

I'm enjoying the hell out of this phone, the battery life is fucking ridiculous. Thanks Jow Forums, for once I've heard to you guys and I'm not disappointed.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (384x384, 32K)

Anyone?

Go be a consumerist whore somewhere else.

nah
same ram and cpu and almost the same size screen with better form factor

>only purple and blue will be available in US

why does scamshit always region lock certain colors? it's no wonder that apple's accessory line makes more money than samsung's entire mobile division

>your biggest competitor makes more money selling overpriced fruity colored silicon cases for their toy phones than you make selling actual hardware

*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

ANOTHER FAILED PHONE FROM SAMSHIT, AND THE PAJEET PIXEL 3 WILL BE DEAD ON ARRIVAL, APPLE WINS AGAIN, FAGGOT VIRGINS!

>midrange phone from 2015 still working absolutely perfectly
>will probably continue to for another 3 years
feels so comfy man
you good goyim keep buying $1000 phones every year

Old skool

Attached: 20180809_221343.jpg (2592x1944, 1.57M)

>hasn't realised 'phones' are now the true portable computer
I see your IQ matched your bank balance

Shut up nerd

>PIXEL 3

HAHAHAHA... LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD HAHAHAHA

Attached: google-pixel-3-xl-image-3.jpg (1200x703, 155K)

Looking at new phones. Will be in Shanghai in the fall. Is the Mi8 worth the price? Are there similarly priced phones with the same performance?

>in the fall
By that time Mi Mix 3 will be out

Thank, was dreading the notch on the Mi8. Has a price been confirmed? Last I saw was was ~500usd

Please tell me all the complex computing you need to do on the go that requires
>BLAYZAN FAST PROCESSORRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
>6 GORILLION BY 6 GORILLION PIXEL ULTRA SHARP SCREEN!!!!
>'PREMIUM' SLIPPERY BODY!!!!!!
I bet it's something really productive.

Stop playing dumb, that's the XL

The regular version won't have a notch

the virgin S9 vs the Chad S9+

That back can't be real, looks like something out of 2014 chinkland

note 9 is fugly

How come poor people have iPhones but successful people use Android phones?

Look closely and you can still see the separation with the glass panel on top, it's just not easy to see with the plastic wrapping.

>Right. You get to pay an iPhone price and you get a phone with software that spies on you! Bonus
Wow verge readers are more BASED than I thought they would be.

Is the Mi A2 Lite too much of a pajeet phone? I refuse to buy a phone without a 3.5mm jack, but I'm worried it'll be lagging all over the place.

inb4 Note 5, I have tiny hands

>implying Apple doesn't keep your information secure so they can be the only ones selling it to intelligence agencies

The Mi A2 Lite is the same size as the note 5.

Nope, the lite is smaller than the regular a2 (and note 5)

Attached: Capture.png (786x579, 497K)

So im posting this again

Should I get the O+ 5T or way for the s8 to get cheaper? I need a new phone in the next 3-4 months

Oh, I thought they were the same size

Anyway it shouldn't be slow at all, I think the processor is better than the one in the note 5, and the note 5 is pretty snappy, so you'll have no issues in stock Android.

Guess I found my new phone then, thanks

you're mixing up the mi a2 and the mi a2 lite, the non-lite one is the same size as the note 5 and has a better chip (660 in the mi a2 vs 636 in the note), the mi a2 lite is the one in the picture, it has a worse chip (625)

You're wrong, the processor in the Mi A2 Lite is a Snapdragon 625 which is quite a bit slower than the Snapdragon 636 in the Redmi Note 5. You're confusing it with the Mi A2 that has a SD660 which is faster than the SD636.

Does wireless charging mess up the battery in any way? I feel like it does but I'm probably paranoid.

Eh it still shouldn't have any problem with stock Android and the processor it has.

Pepito a cute!!!

Attached: pepito.png (680x453, 141K)

>mods deleted my post anti-shilling the s9

faggot NIGGER samsung loving shill mods, suck my fucking cock

>3.3" display
handlets rejoice!

I wouldn't use Samsung's cancerous software. I'd go for the OP5T here.

kek
I regret not getting the plus tbqh but its too late now
its not about that
sure you can drive a piece of shit car to go from a to b but if you can afford a better car and one that suits your taste then why not buy it?
gotta traverse the cyber highway somehow, your old chink shit might let you load up xhamster while you're having a wank at the urinal at work but I know you'd bust a bigger nut if you were watching blacked on a samsung

Does using Nova launcher get rid of Bixby?

I got $500
Me me want big battery to go long
Me me want microg support

kek

The Gamers are pleased.

No.

>gaming on phone

Have a keyone

Looking to upgrade. Are there any phones with physical keyboards that are newer than this?

Nokia 5 or Xperia e5?

are you fucking retarded? SLR from 5 years ago still skull fucks phone cameras

as of yet there is still no replacement for size when it comes to an image sensor

Key2

Literally the opposite is true, in my experience. I think you're wishing for a reality that isn't there, user.

Also, bad news, anons, iPhone X outperforms THIS years Note 9 model. Sad!

9to5mac.com/2018/08/09/samsung-galaxy-note-9-vs-iphone-x/

Attached: manhattan.jpg (2048x849, 815K)

>benchmarks

What are the first things you guys do to a new phone when your get it?

>greentext

How is rom support on redmi note 5? I don't want no chink botnet

benchmarks mean fuckall when you cant do anything with the phone

You sound upset that the iPhone is able to do more with 3GB of RAM that the Note 9 does with over twice as much.

???????

>iPhones have better soc

no shit, it's been that way since the A6

Why are all the phones gigantic nowadays? The OnePlus 6 is amazing but it's just too big for my hands. My best bet is waiting for the non-xl pixel 3. Am I wrong or are there better alternatives? I just want a cool phone with cool specs for a decent price and preferably stock android.

Very good, Xiaomi phones get a lot of ROM development

Whats this about asking nicely for them to unlock the bootloader?

>Why are all the phones gigantic nowadays?
because nobody likes manlet phones.

Samsung Galaxy?
more like Samsung GalakSHIT lmaoooo

How are 5.5/5.8 inch phones manlet phones?

Depends. The iPhone 8 Plus screen is 5.5" but is clearly not a manlet phone because it is huge.

The iPhone X has a 5.8" screen but slim bezels so it's about the size of a normal 5" phone. Therefore it is for manlets, especially when the XS Plus or whatever it will be called is released. You won't catch MKHBD rocking a tiny regular iPhone XS with his massive negro hands.

Attached: apple6inch.png (619x554, 55K)

>Notch visible from space
>Dat lower bezel

Jesus fucking christ, when will Google get their hardware design right?

Attached: 1525464928751.png (1180x842, 246K)

I said the same thing about my Note 4 from 2014, but now it's dying and I'm buying an S9 because fuck it

Bruh, look at this dude

youtu.be/M0-pdZYJYPM

>use a phone for 4 years
>starts dying
>welp, better buy another samsung

Attached: maki-spg.png (500x281, 145K)

Can you use the BB Key2 keyboard as a controller for emulators? Does it work out of the box?

wtf this device he used everyday for 4 years back when smartphone tech was shit has finally died so now he wants the latest and greatest???
fuck that guy

That looks absolutely fucking terrible.

Attached: ego.png (567x370, 136K)

How fucking dumb can you be

meanwhile the normie thot who bought an iPhone 6 is STILL using it and getting software updates

when did the note 5 get abandoned?

Imagine that, I bought a product and used it for it's full value way longer than the average

im 10000% sure you can put android 8 on a note 4 and im 10000% sure there was the whole planned obscelence thing with apple
also he said it died, not that it wasnt supported
ALSO people get iphone 6's brand new in 2018 so the hardware is still 'ok' which means it just werks for normie thots who browse facebook all day whereas user over there probs had his on release day and used it 24/7 watching blacked

use your head, stop being a dickhead for no reason

If you can unlock the bootloader maybe you can use a pajeet ROM. that's IF you can unlock the bootloader, you can't on most North American Samsung phones, only the Europe with Exynos processors, and even then the ROM support is awful because Samsung doesn't provide information necessary for porting ASOP. So you end up with 10 variants of the shitty stock "Samsung Experience" ROM.... DEBLOATED... WHAT WORKS... U TELL ME

but the Note 5 did NOT get Oreo. Why? "Because it already got two updates." Just can't compare to Applel's 5 years of updates.

updates which slowed phones down? user used his note 4 all the way to 2018, doesnt seem like a lack of updates stopped him whereas apple updates did fuck with their older products

Whats the point of buying a Samsung phone if they only get software support for 1 year, most of the time being delayed?

Who the fuck wants a tiny phone when the larger versions always have better specs and battery life?

Why the fuck did Google have to fall into that notch meme anyway? Could have easily had the best phone in 2018 with phone camera tech that would remain unrivaled for the next 5 years.

you might think it's better because so on and so forth.

no one else notices or cares.

the only documented slowing down of applel phones was due to battery degradation, and it was done to prevent the phones from shutting down at lower battery percentages, which happens to Android phones all the fucking time. Or the manufacturer does the same thing Apple does, except now Apple is being more transparent about it

Just saw this ad the other day

>Selling my Google Pixel, This phone takes absolutely stunning photos, it doesn’t glitch out or have anything wrong with it other than the battery shuts down at 15%. Other than that it has been in a life proof for its whole life of two years and has some minor case rub (shown in photos) Selling because I’ve upgraded. Asking $300[CAD] but that’s negotiable.

Not to mention that MKBHD stopped using his Pixel 2XL because the FLAGSHIP ANDROID EXPERIENCE was SLOWING DOWN and dropping frames like crazy

I need this to be fake. I really like the Pixels.

Between the Nokia 7 Plus and the Meme 5 Pro/AI/Whatever which one is likely to last for longer? Also does the price difference warrant the snappier processor, NFC, USB type-C and (possibly) the better camera?

>Bringing up RAM
>When all the X won at was benchmarks
Stop posting. You obviously know fuck all about how any of this works. Yes the X has a very good chip but there is still a lot left to be desired for such an expensive phone. For example unlocking the phone in less than 3 steps...

hardware used 24/7 since coming out of the box is going to degrade and even more so when it has a small battery
what do you want from me?
let user buy a new phone because his 4 year old one doesnt work for fucks sake

I can't wait for google shills to defend this. Possibly the ugliest phone of 2018.